• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title change worthy?

OT5: Drafting Bills that Your Body Can't Pass

OT5: Hey Maverick, You Hear about Mitch?

OT5: You Can Be My Wingman Anytime

Get it? They're all Top Gun references. Y'know..cuz...cuz maverick. Hehe...

Slizeezyc

All of them are on the hook for their votes, ALL OF THEM. In the House and Senate.

Republican Governors went out of their way to BEG senators not to vote yes on this, and they still did vote yes. The self-ownage by Heller and Portman here is just unreal.

Trouble

Banned
Pod Save America is going to be so damn epic this week!!

I have a feeling they'll be echoing what I feel right now. Happy it didn't pass, but not about to celebrate when it came within one vote of being passed to Ryan for rubber stamping.

E: Ted Cruz on CNN right now sounds like he's about ready to burst into tears. That I can celebrate.

teiresias

I have a feeling they'll be echoing what I feel right now. Happy it didn't pass, but not about to celebrate when it came within one vote of being passed to Ryan for rubber stamping.

Considering on November 8th I thought repeal would be passed by the end of January I'll take it.

Slacker

Prediction: Trump doesn't rage at McCain in the morning, instead he asks Congress to return to normal procedure and come up with a bill that can get widespread support from the public. Something GOP Senators won't mind fighting for in the hometown meetings or on TV explaining how the bill helps people and why it's good for America.

lol just kiddin

Oh, right. Heller is soooooooooooo fucked. That bribe he got must have been huge. Kasich is going to be pissed at Portman, too, but that's not a coming race.

Edit: I'm kind of embarrassed at how many Senators I can name at this point + know the reasons I find them noteworthy. Far more than the past administration.
Go full Angus King, Lisa.
That sounds strangely lewd.

This feels like I should have felt on election night. I'm glad I stayed up. Well that's a lie, I'd have just turned on my PS4. Meh.

Zolo

2017-05-04t204549z_69373343_hp1ed541loc1z_rtrmadp_3_usa-healthcare-trump.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Mitch McConnel tonight: "I think the American people are going to regret... that we couldn't find a better way forward."

Naw fam, we good.

*hopes trump doesn't nuke alaska*

Oh, right. Heller is soooooooooooo fucked. That bribe he got must have been huge. Kasich is going to be pissed at Portman, too, but that's not a coming race.

Edit: I'm kind of embarrassed at how many Senators I can name at this point + know the reasons I find them noteworthy. Far more than the past administration.That sounds strangely lewd.

This feels like I should have felt on election night. I'm glad I stayed up. Well that's a lie, I'd have just turned on my PS4. Meh.
Assuming ACA repeal stays dead, Kasich now has a potentially deadly argument against Trump should he primary him in 2020. GOP majority and he couldn't even get like, their one thing.

If Trump even makes it that long.

teiresias

This is where Pelosi and Schumer start doing what the far left apparently hates them for, and forces the CSRs into a budget deal to keep Trump from sabotaging them.

Kinda surprised the vote went 49-51 and there weren't more defectors once the bill was doomed. Guess a lot of Rs are afraid of primaries after running on repealing the ACA for so long.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Kinda surprised the vote went 49-51 and there weren't more defectors once the bill was doomed. Maybe a lot of Rs are afraid of primaries after running on repealing the ACA for so long.

Primaries are a bigger deal for house members due to gerrymandered districts.

So, I have no fucking clue what many of them were thinking.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
McConnell's utter disrespect for the process doomed this entire thing. All he had to do is hold hearings, committees, make bills public, not hide CBO scores etc and McCain would have ultimately voted for a bill like this.

Now we wait for Trump to attack McCain.

McConnell must know something disruptive is about to happen in the White House, and wanted to get Health Care "done" before then. That, or he is a complete idiot, but I still think he is just an asshole and not stupid.

kess

You know what's really going to burn Trump up, more than anything? Tonight McCain is getting all the love and adoration from the public that he coveted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom