• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even obscure state-level abnormalities are all Russia these days? Nice. So uh, it doesn't take much to figure out how sleazy this is or what the objectives are. Coal industry + possible sanctions-related stuff + corporate tax promises = duh. Wonder what Trump is getting out of the deal.
Hillary Clinton's 33000 deleted emalis
Ahem, I believe you mean the emails she acid washed. Very important detail! It's very expensive to do!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Chris Cuomo is one of the best things on CNN.

And I don't even mean that as faint praise, either.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Chris Cuomo would rip Don Lemon's arm off and beat him to death with it.

EDIT: Just the look on his face when Kellyanne talks, it's fantastic. He's barely holding it in.

Tapper & Cuomo Power Hour, where they just make faces at dumb stuff people are saying.

AbWiVUX.png

Teggy

Bwahaha let's move those goalposts a little more

Kelly O'Donnell @KellyO
This is noteworthy shift of strategy to discredit Russia investigations, "There were no Russians in our campaign" says @realDonaldTrump
7:43 PM · Aug 3, 2017

Valhelm

contribute something
Russia's an anime character that everyone thought was dead or otherwise removed until it's revealed that they were pulling all the shit.

Russia, China, and the USA are so damn big that famines, depressions, and apocalyptic wars can't set them back for more than a couple decades.

It's great to have huge swaths of inland territory and a diverse array of natural resources.

Ithil

Lindsay Graham really should have been a comedian instead of a senator. What he said about the immigration bill Trump showed off in regards to South Carolina:

Number one industry for South Carolina is agriculture, number two is tourism. So for farmers, hotel owners needing labor, when you can't get an American worker, you get a legal work visa, it's win-win. So when you take the number of legal immigrants and cut it in half you will destroy South Carolina's economy. Other than that it's a good idea.

Lindsay Graham really should have been a comedian instead of a senator. What he said about the immigration bill Trump showed off in regards to South Carolina:

Again, I hope Miss Lindsey and Shepard Smith find each other once all this shit has concluded.

Yeah he can be funny.

I liked Franken's story when he said to him when he was running in the primary that he would have voted for him over the other republicans and Lindsey was like "yeah I know and that's my problem"

royalan

WaPo: Putin and Trump enjoyed anal sex during campaign break
NYT: Trump is a bottom
Fox: Democrats ignore Hillary-Huma lesbian scandal

This meme has been all over my twitter feed today and I'm loving it.

CNN: Grand Jury
MSNBC: Grand Jury
FOX: Have you ever really looked at the FedEx logo?...I mean, really looked at it?...look closer...I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?

To everyone who has been saying for the last six months "nothing is happening" every time a new drip comes out.

The cumulative effects of these drips are:

1) We have multiple grand juries.
2) Approval ratings for Trump have tanked to an unprecedented level.
3) The Senate has blocked Trump's ability to stop this investigation. Firing Mueller is majorly impeded.

This is what things happening looks like

It's actually crazy fast.

To everyone who has been saying for the last six months "nothing is happening" every time a new drip comes out.

3) The Senate has blocked Trump's ability to stop this investigation. Firing Mueller is majorly impeded.

Thing is people wanted Trump impeached and out of office January 21, 2017.

But yes he's basically speed running the Nixon presidency by sequence breaking and skipping the "legislate good things into existence" portion.

JettDash

Something just occurred to me.

Remember when John McCain came back to the Senate and Democrats were nice to him. And a bunch of GAFers were mad about that. Seems perhaps the Senate Democrats knew what they were doing.

If you would vote for Trump or nobody rather than vote for Booker, regardless of how disappointed you would be, then throw yourself in the fucking garbage where you belong.

Why should anyone throw themselves in the trash because they did something you don't agree with? Folks who are trying to propel guys and gals like Booker ahead of the pack didn't learn much from the Ls they took in 2016.

Can Sen. Booker respond to legitimate criticisms and explain how he'll be better? Or will he wilt, deflect, and offer lip service that his people don't fall for?

Arguably, Booker's biggest problem is that he's trying to spin a narrative about himself that many people don't believe. He claims he's been on your side and fighting for you. However, it looks like throughout his career you haven't made the list of priorities.

Supposedly, all the critics are peddling lies about him with 0 merit. Nevertheless, why would people go after someone who's been speaking truth to power from day one? Shills like Booker don't make a whole lot of sense to me and are poor salesman. Just embrace who you are and tell it like it is. Or at least tell a more compelling lie so that potential supporters believe you're genuine.

JettDash

Why should anyone throw themselves in the trash because they did something you don't agree with? Folks who are trying to propel guys and gals like Booker ahead of the pack didn't learn much from the Ls they took in 2016.

Can Sen. Booker respond to legitimate criticisms and explain how he'll be better? Or will he wilt, deflect, and offer lip service that his people don't fall for?

Arguably, Booker's biggest problem is that he's trying to spin a narrative about himself that many people don't believe. He claims he's been on your side and fighting for you. However, it looks like throughout his career you haven't made the list of priorities.

Supposedly, all the critics are peddling lies about him with 0 merit. Nevertheless, why would people go after someone who's been speaking truth to power from day one? Shills like Booker don't make a whole lot of sense to me and are poor salesman. Just embrace who you are and tell it like it is. Or at least tell a more compelling lie so that potential supporters believe you're genuine.

Says a Trump supporter.

I do not mean to exaggerate when I say that Facebook claiming it'll fact check trending news articles would move the entire political spectrum in the country a few points left. It's American's #1 distributor of complete bullshit based on the raw size of the audience alone. Edit: I thought it over and I'll stand by this. Actual Fake News caused endless millions of arguments last year and countless angry posts. More Edit: Wanted to say that obviously I approve, but I'm trying to stay fair about it. This is one of those "reality has a liberal bias" situations you can really refute.
Something just occurred to me.

Remember when John McCain came back to the Senate and Democrats were nice to him. And a bunch of GAFers were mad about that. Seems perhaps the Senate Democrats knew what they were doing.
We've eaten crow in record quantities over this already. Mind you I don't think anyone was advocating that actual Senators be mean to him and nag him on votes. The Senate is already the most ridiculously cordial group of people despite massive hatred lurking, and it would have been even more absurd to not welcome him given his condition.

Wait, this happened already? I thought it was just gaining support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom