• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They were pretty specific that "Trump Tower" was not being wiretapped. Clearly people were being wiretapped (assuredly the Russians they were tallking to) but Manafort individually being tapped is a megaton.

I thought the specific wording was they did not wiretap Trump at Trump Tower, and didn't rule out tapping someone else in the building.

The conversations between Manafort and Trump continued after the President took office, long after the FBI investigation into Manafort was publicly known, the sources told CNN. They went on until lawyers for the President and Manafort insisted that they stop, according to the sources

tumblr_nb8uq28gvt1tjpaueo1_500.gif

Ernest

Banned
Even if Trump had said something incriminating over the phone with Manafort, the way Trump talks (like an idiot), will give him enough wiggle room to get away with it (like he ALWAYS does). Also, I think all these guys (Manafort, Flynn, Don Jr. etc) are gonna go down first. Will be interesting to see if Trump tries to pardon them.

I thought the specific wording was they did not wiretap Trump at Trump Tower, and didn't rule out tapping someone else in the building.

Trump specifically claimed "my phones at Trump tower". It's bull.

Also I'm sure most of the tapping of Manafort, the individual, had nothing to do with Trump tower. They probably got most of his conversations and communications off his cell.

Kellyanne Conway no longer getting Secret Service protection?

What is going on? Are they trying to save money or something else?
Was it odd for someone in her position to have protection in the first place?

Jim Acosta‏Verified account @Acosta

Kellyanne Conway no longer receiving USSS protection per sources. Via @ElizLanders and me.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

They're all running!

Or something.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

lol, probably looking to cut down on the number of these dipshits they have to cover now that they have no money

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I think the Secret Service doesn't have an obligation to respect the privacy of non-government officials they are protecting. So if Trump Jr. met with someone shady, they could report it to the FBI/CIA ect. But I really don't remember where I heard that, so I could be totally off base. I think it was something about a family member could go rogue was the justification.

lol, probably looking to cut down on the number of these dipshits they have to cover now that they have no money

Actually, I think Don believes all the secret service agents are Mueller spies. He ordered all his closest people to drop them...probably thinking of a way to do it himself.

Aww I used to make a burger for her secret service guy every time she came in. I always have him an extra slice of cheddar out of pity.

I dunno about Don Jr. but she just had the one agent.

These guys just wanna make Daddy Trump so proud by giving him a win. Fucking them over just makes them try even harder to make him happy.

So they are just hoping they can get to 50 this way? Or they're already there?
They're hoping for a miracle

Last we knew(couple hours ago), they were maybe losing votes on this thing, since their estimates had dropped a bit since earlier. A few more people also came out against it, including a pretty solid no from McCain.

Motherfuckers.

At least this Manafort story is going to blunt their shitty momentum for few days. Imminent FBI indictment of a campaign fucking chairman is probably the biggest story in years.

If they try to sneak this through, it will make old man McCain more grumpy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At least this Manafort story is going to blunt their shitty momentum for few days. Imminent FBI indictment of a campaign fucking chairman is probably the biggest story in years.

Maybe that's their plan, to sneak it though while Trump is eating up all the media coverage. Hell, they don't even need him to actually sign it, just not veto it.

Diablos

Just because they're going to try to strong arm everyone doesn't mean they will succeed in strong arming everyone.

They're still motherfuckers.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I would be amused but not surprised if Donald is dumb enough to (as you guys have all predicted) claim "vindication " on the wiretapping story and drawing even more gluey connections to himself and Manafort instead of distancing himself.

If nothing else it will be a good gauge of Kelly and his legal team's control over him.

I also can't believe that the BLT story was all real and not just a stunt by those two nimrods.

Diablos

Please have audio captured of Trump and Manafort where Trump says something that will finally prove his guilt

Please have audio captured of Trump and Manafort where Trump says something that will finally prove his guilt

Holmes

Looks like Republicans are going eith a better strategy against McCaskill this time around. Going with the corruption whisper campaign.

Erin Burnett going full "is trump vindicated".

Fake news at its finest.

It's non-news at its finest. People like Manafort and Donald Trump can't do what's alleged white collar crime or otherwise without being under the eye of the US gov't. The narrative people were up to no good undetected for years is bunk.

Anyone else get the feeling this investigation will yield evidence of collusion, but that Manafort will take the fall and Trump will successfully make a case that he was ignorant to it? I kind of think that’s where this is going in the not-so-distant future.

Edit: I really want to take John Schindler seriously but he keeps tweeting to Claude Taylor...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone else get the feeling this investigation will yield evidence of collusion, but that Manafort will take the fall and Trump will successfully make a case that he was ignorant to it? I kind of think that’s where this is going in the not-so-distant future.

I could see Trump attempting it, but I'm betting there are tapes that show otherwise.

Emarv

People expecting some sort of magic Trump collusion tape or phone call need to remember that Mueller's team reportedly didn't even know about the Trump Tower emails before journalists released them. He probably has access to lots of financial evidence (which is probably more important), but almost all of the direct Trump Campaign communication has come from press sources.

People expecting some sort of magic Trump collusion tape or phone call need to remember that Mueller's team reportedly didn't even know about the Trump Tower emails before journalists released them. He probably has access to lots of financial evidence (which is probably more important), but almost all of the direct Trump Campaign communication has come from press sources.

This. I've borderline given up on an all powerful "pee pee" tape. If Trump goes down, it's going to be for his insane financial ties and obstruction in the investigation therein.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If you don't believe there's a magic tell-all tape floating out there with Trump literally shouting "YES I AGREE TO TAKE AWAY RUSSIAN SANCTIONS IN EXCHANGE FOR HELP HACKING THE AMERICAN ELECTION SYSTEM, BELIEVE ME" .. if you DO NOT believe such a tape is possible if not likely, you just haven't been paying attention.

I9d87pW.jpg

This. I've borderline given up on an all powerful "pee pee" tape. If Trump goes down, it's going to be for his insane financial ties and obstruction in the investigation therein.
I don't think anyone was expecting the pee tape specifically to bring him down. We just want to see it for comedic purposes. It's the other stuff from that dossier that's damning professionally, and all the other Russian connotations in general.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not 100% sold on something like that existing, but it would be the least shocking thing in the world at this point. The only way such a reveal could shock me is if Trump tweeted it out himself.

The Pee Pee Tape needs to come out though. There's way too much comedic potential there for it not to be released. I mean, imagine the Mueller movie ending with him watching the tape. Just the look on his face. It needs to happen.

ericexpo

I just got so sad inside, I know it's true that I'll never see the pee pee tape but way you said it I accepted it.
You just told santa is not real.

Pee pee tape has to be real. Why does Trump go to great lengths to defend Putin? He knows.

Besides, didnt CNN basically confirm it's existence a few months ago?

Pixieking

Banned
I'd rather see a Trump n word tape.

It would just be like PewDiePie saying it... People defending its use because "He was emotional" or "Heat of the moment" or "He was mocking PC culture".

At least the Pee Tape would be funny (for a given value of funny, anyways. *shrugs*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom