• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically, isn't most of the "gap" because they did not expand Medicaid? So those states pay out more than comes in. If they choose to expand instead, they would also start receiving money, so the deficit narrows substantially.
yep, every blue state on that map hasn't expanded medicaid and the only red state on the map who haven't are Wyoming, North Carolina, and Maine.

Zukkoyaki

Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) is undecided on Graham-Cassidy. He says he's worried blue states will take the block grant and set up single payer.

Also reading that Moran is one to watch as well and that Kasich is a hard no.

LOL why the fuck would Moran care if Blue States set up single payer? Does it trigger him that single-payer is the standard for most democracies in the world?

How are block grants going to allow for single payer? Also don't the grants decrease after time or am I mistaken

Ignore the problem here, focus on red herring policy over there type of thing.

Taniel‏ @Taniel 1 hour ago
Bill cuts $3 billion of funding from LA in 2026. (https://www.cbpp.org/research/healt...add-millions-to-uninsured#health9-13-17table1 ... Easier for a GOP Sen. to oppose based on single-payer in CA & NY.

How are block grants going to allow for single payer? Also don't the grants decrease after time or am I mistaken

It won't. It's unlikely they'll even be able to maintain the same level of coverage they currently have. But republicans will Republican. Same people who think you can buy a home and get health insurance if you cut out your phone bill

I'm assuming because the states would be free to do what they want with the money. California was going to have to ask Trump if we could repurpose federal funding to pass single payer here

It's the reason they folded that's important

There's a better chance this fails because the block grants do too much than it being too shitty

A lot of people flipped for the skinny repeal because they thought it would be punted to the House. They didn't really want the bill, they just wanted someone else to blame.

There isn't anyone else to blame here, and no time to work out a grand deal or anything.

This bill seems to be in more trouble than they're letting on.

They aren't. They know they aren't. They want an out and they're looking for anything they can use to get out.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) is undecided on Graham-Cassidy. He says he's worried blue states will take the block grant and set up single payer.

I've seen this guy, and that seems like a concern consistent with his ideology.

He's, uh... something.

Dr. Worm

Banned
The person who introduced him when I saw him passed along that he "would rather drink weedkiller than be a Washington insider."

I can only assume that means we have zombie representation in the Senate.

wutwutwut

LOL why the fuck would Moran care if Blue States set up single payer? Does it trigger him that single-payer is the standard for most democracies in the world?
This doesn't change anything important about your post, but very few countries have single payer. Most developed countries have what we in America call a public option, or even something that looks a lot like Obamacare.

Someone explain why there were protesters at a Pelosi event today

Seemed like the wrong place for a dreamer protest?

They accused Mrs. Pelosi and her fellow Democrats of giving into Mr. Trump’s “deportation machine” and accused her of using Dreamers as a “bargaining chip.”

Apparently they would rather nothing in our current "all or nothing" rush to the bottom on the left.

Teggy

"because blue states might do x" is the most WTF reason for a Republican to oppose something.

Anyway, the Scottie Nell Hughes story took a really weird turn. She claims that Charles Payne raped her, then turned it into some sort of a dominant sexual relationship where he invited her on his show a lot. When she decided she didn't want a relationship with him anymore he stopped inviting her.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Teggy

Before the election means it's huge.

So would that mean they didn't have enough evidence to shut them down before the election or were they waiting for a bigger fish? Or am I reading things wrong?

So it sounds like they were looking into him since 2014, which went into last year but was discontinued for lack of evidence, then restarted maybe around autumn. Also mentioned the FBI raided a storage facility of his. Sounds like they've gotta have at least a small something on Manafort at this point.

Damn, a lot of news today

health care disaster
wiretaps
hurricane
hillary open to questioning election results if investigation bears fruit (overhyped)

I don't even need game of thrones, I can cope with real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom