• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

I'm scared to ask my conservative relatives, who constantly criticized Obama as "divisive," what they think of Trump constantly bashing groups on Twitter and supporting white supremacist rallies.

Maybe if these groups stopped disrepecting our country, flag, anthem, and constituation(like obama did on a daily basis), Trump wouldn't have to call them out on Twitter and fix Obama's messes.

Trump is really going all in here with the NFL, and it’ll likely work out positively for him too. At least it’s looking that way for him. Shitting on rich Minority athletes is always popular.
Plus libs get owned because people who love watching football will stop watching football.

tuxfool

Banned
DKkPHg5UQAAHjPA.jpg

DKkPoaBW4AApK93.jpg

shamelessly stolen from twitter.

Wait, politico is saying Jared and Ivanka had private email server, not just accounts?
Kushner's representatives declined to detail the server or security measures on it.
Ivanka Trump, now an assistant to the president, has an email account on the same domain, they said.
Is politico confused? If so why did they bury the lede? Having a server is a different story than using a @yahoo.com account (or @aol.com in Pence's case).

dramatis

Wait, politico is saying Jared and Ivanka had private email server, not just accounts?

Is politico confused? If so why did they bury the lede? Having a server is a different story than using a @yahoo.com account (or @aol.com in Pence's case).
You need domain to private server to use email account on it.

Lmo911

I'm scared to ask my conservative relatives, who constantly criticized Obama as "divisive," what they think of Trump constantly bashing groups on Twitter and supporting white supremacist rallies.

You’ll be disappointed. Mine will just openly shout their support to the clouds. I envy you live in a situation where you get to ask.

Watch it be the Alfa bank server in trump tower

-------------
On a side note, I had a spooky dream that nk launched nukes

At this point, I would take 1 term of Obama and 1 term of Romney if it meant not getting this shitbag.

If romney won they would have gotten far more stuff through congress and relied less on executive orders, which would have been a lot harder to reverse unlike trump's EOs which can be revoked the next time there's a democratic president or by some kind of miracle a pragmatic republican.

though it would probably have been better for the nation's (hell, the world) collective wellbeing I grant you.

If romney won they would have gotten far more stuff through congress and relied less on executive orders, which would have been a lot harder to reverse unlike trump's EOs which can be revoked the next time there's a democratic president or by some kind of miracle a pragmatic republican.

though it would probably have been better for the nation's (hell, the world) collective wellbeing I grant you.
Romney would have had a Democrat Senate his entire first term.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Interesting that Dale Earnhardt Jr. tweeted his support for people protesting. I imagine there will be some serious backlash.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Brian Klaas
Brian Klaas‏ @brianklaas

Stunning numbers. New CBS poll: only 20% of Americans (and just 46% of Republicans) support the Graham-Cassidy bill.

By all means, GOP. Go ahead.

FyreWulff

Obama had less executive orders than previous presidents

L5Da4bN.jpg

Why exactly is Mnuchin commenting on player protests? Since when does the NFL fall under Treasury's purview?

Because Trump wants everyone up and down his orgs to parrot his line.

How many EOs has Trump signed? I haven't even heard of any new ones recently? I suppose waddling out and signing a piece of paper has become too much work for him now.

I'm so tired and just want the healthcare bill stuff to be OVER for a little while.

Like I genuinely can't believe they're still pushing it this late in the year and have done literally no other legislation.

dramatis

I'm just a bit apprehensive that they'll try to gut healthcare even during 2018. After skinny repeal failed I thought they wouldn't try again, and wouldn't be dumb enough to do it during the midterm election campaign, but there's clearly no limits.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting that Dale Earnhardt Jr. tweeted his support for people protesting. I imagine there will be some serious backlash.

Jr. always has been more progressive than the NASCAR crowd in general. There's no doubt there'll be backlash against him if he did tweet in support of the folks protesting.

Damn at this Seth Abramson thread. It's terrifying and completely spot on:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/912121930102317056

Twitter needs to get rid of the fucking character limit or people posting essays need to post high resolution images of their entire essay.

Edit: After reading it, I can definitely agree with what he's saying.

Wilsongt

Jr. always has been more progressive than the NASCAR crowd in general. There's no doubt there'll be backlash against him if he did tweet in support of the folks protesting.

Twitter needs to get rid of the fucking character limit or people posting essays need to post high resolution images of their entire essay.

Twitter is the new bloggosphere.

People need to learn to type out articles again. It doesn't take much to drop a link on Twitter.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Twitter is the new bloggosphere.

People need to learn to type out articles again. It doesn't take much to drop a link on Twitter.

Yeah, it would do wonders for people trying to convey a message or make a point to just structure it in essay form or article form.

Plinko

The problem being that Mueller's advice has to register with a GOP controlled Congress and Senate.

If anything removes him from office, it will be state corruption charges in NY.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Can he be charged with state crimes as President?

I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that.

In general I agree with ballad above, though I also enjoy a little bit of wishful thinking on occasion. I think theoretically Trump could be charged and convicted of a state crime and literally serve as president from prison. As far as I understand we just have no specific rules and certainly no precedent for the situation.

If the House is won back, Trump's Presidency is over. The amount of corruption, self enrichment, ethics violations a Congress can uncover on this President will be too deafening IMO.

It's passing. Has anyone seen McConnell today? How smiling was he? Oh god, it's passing. It's already passed.

Funny how they gave Kentucky more federal funding (on paper, anyway) to try and rope Paul into supporting this when I'm pretty sure that's the exact opposite of what he'd want lol

Anyway, it's interesting that Graham-Cassidy already has majority disapproval because my sense is that the media isn't taking this effort nearly as seriously as they were for AHCA, where the average schmuck had a clearer image of what the bill would do if enacted. It has much higher undecideds than what we usually saw for that bill, probably owing to that, but I think there's a pretty hard majority against any repeal and replace plan now. 9 months of GOP antics has made it clear they don't have an actual functional plan ready to go, so the general consensus has moved firmly into "let's fix Obamacare."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom