• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
DK_zy48VwAAxNy2.jpg:large

I mean I guess the mayor was wading through waist deep floodwater that special effects technicians carefully staged just to make Trump look bad.

kirblar

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/becoming-a-party-leader-is-now-a-foolproof-way-to-get-america-to-despise-you/2017/09/30/69364cfc-a560-11e7-b14f-f41773cd5a14_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_pkcapitol406pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory
Some members of Congress spend years, even decades, plotting their way up the ladder to become speaker of the House or Senate majority leader.

The reward? National ignominy is almost a certainty.

“Masochism. I always thought maybe that’s part of it,” Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said, only half joking.

In 35 years on Capitol Hill, McCain has never run for a leadership post, possibly one reason he remains an overall popular national figure.

That was once the case for House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.). Now, just 31 percent of Americans approve of Ryan’s job performance, while 51 percent do not approve, according to the latest Washington Post/ABC News poll.

Ryan’s base of support is almost nonexistent: Just 8 percent strongly approve of his performance; 31 percent strongly disapprove.

It’s safe to say that Ryan has now entered into the politically treacherous spot that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) found herself in as House speaker in 2010 before Republicans took the majority. And it raises the question of when Democrats — and Ryan’s own party — will begin using the current speaker’s image against him.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is in a similarly perilous place — he has no base of support, literally. In the NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll from the middle of September, not enough respondents held a “very positive” view of McConnell to register even a single percentage point.
The Pendulum. It is real.

Can you imagine how happy people must be who finally got to talk to their grandparents? They can now tell their grandparents to stop being lazy and point out that all the bad stuff is #FakeNews.

I wonder if people are feeding Trump nonsense and he'll actually be shocked at how bad it is when he visits.

Loxley

I don't think we've ever had a President tell the victims of a humanitarian crisis/natural disaster that the damage and destruction that they experienced first-hand isn't as a bad as they think it is.

"I know it looks like your entire house got leveled, but it's actually okay! It's all an illusion created by CNN! Trust me! And all of your dead friends and relatives? They're actually perfectly fine! I'm doing a great job! #PRStrong!"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Donald Trump Set To Appear On ‘Hannity' For Exclusive Interview
Donald Trump will appear on Sean Hannity's evening Fox News Channel show Hannity for an exclusive interview at Metropolitan Theatre in Morgantown, West Virginia on Wednesday, October 4th at 9PM/ET.

The interview will take place in front of an audience of Democrats, Independents, and Republicans. Host Sean Hannity and Trump will discuss tax reform, the economy, and news of the day. The audience will have the opportunity to ask President Trump questions after the interview, which will be taped prior to the primetime presentation.
Trump's running to Hannity for a safe interview.

Campaigning against Ryan will probably be more successful in 2018 than against Trump.

He has no base or real tangible support. His position is far weaker. Throw everything at him and the GOP establishment. And really a large amount of attacks that are on Trump should be tying him to Ryan and McConnell and how he isn't actually governing legislatively different like he promised he would.

Pied pipering Trump doesn't work and doing that should be avoided. It's single party control and they are all in this shit show together and all just as accountable

Tweeting about the NFL again.

Naturally, most teams will link arms tomorrow, fewer will kneel and he’ll declare victory. “Our NFL players totally get it! Standing good, kneeling bad. Spirit stronger than ever!”

Zolo

Tweeting about the NFL again.

Naturally, most teams will link arms tomorrow, fewer will kneel and he’ll declare victory. “Our NFL players totally get it! Standing good, kneeling bad. Spirit stronger than ever!”

Pretty much. If they're really for unity & free speech, they'll kneel tomorrow (even if that's not the point of the original protest).

The idea is that they're not protesting the same things as the kneelers, but they're showing their support for freedom of expression for those who choose to protest.

And this isn’t a horrible idea in theory, but Trump believes that it symbolizes support for him.

Though I think linking arms is largely half-assed symbolic crap meant to try to make people feel marginally better despite nothing having changed, it's better than nothing because it's still standing up to Trump in some capacity. I'd rather that happen than everyone pretend it's business as usual right now. Unity is an important thing.

It's sad how accustomed we are to Trump golfing every weekend such that we no longer even ask or wonder aloud if he is. We just assume he is unless there's evidence to the contrary.

In analyzing the Alabama Primary race,FAKE NEWS always fails to mention that the candidate I endorsed went up MANY points after endorsement!

THIS IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING I SHOULD BE TWEETING ABOUT AS MILLIONS COULD POTENTIALLY DIE!

*Please media fuck the fact-checking on the Alabama primary*

Ah fuck

mo60

I wonder if democrats can win paul ryan's congressional seat next year or make it really competitive at this point.

Ogodei

My thought is that while the Kaepernick movement has suffered a lot of signal loss in the last week, what happened is much better than what could've happened (like the GOP-donating NFL owners closing ranks and making anyone who knelt know that they'd suffer the same fate as Kaep).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom