• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man, weakening South Korea is the way to deal with North Korea.

I feel like this is something his staff gave him as an option to distract him from NAFTA.

"You can't withdraw, it'd destroy the Texan economy!"

"BUT I WANNA!"

"What if we withdrew from a different trade deal?"

"... I'm listening."

Trump was kind enough to spend a few minutes on veterans and health care during his short speech at a local church doing disaster relief. "We've done so much in just 8 months really," that sort of stuff.

Edit: "Have a good time," he says to a dude in a pickup he's handing supplies to. Also, lifting a few small supplies = good exercise.

This is some weird uncanny valley territory in terms of acting like a normal person vs being entirely flippant in a very serious situation.

Vestal

He doesn't have a web browser on his phone?

CeKmCRf.gif

Hindl

I read that Twitter was the only app on his phone but I thought that didn't include built in apps. Did they uninstall the browser before giving it to him?

He probably just doesn't know how to use it.
This is my assumption. Hasn't used a computer a day in his life so trying to do "normal" stuff on a phone would only confuse him. You know what? Apple can make this an advertising campaign! Their deal has always been to try to make idiotproof stuff that anyone can figure out. Clearly they're not trying hard enough if Trump doesn't have a device of theirs he can use. Label the stuff the Trump Edition of models, pay him $1 per unit sold and never tell him it's meant for 3-year-olds.
I read that Twitter was the only app on his phone but I thought that didn't include built in apps. Did they uninstall the browser before giving it to him?
That would be some weird custom changes, which is way way more effort than Trump would ever care about or that anyone would know to even try to offer him. We know he uses his phone for, uh, calls, so it has other basic functionalities. Hell, it could be as stupid as not knowing he can swipe the screen to show multiple pages of icons.

That would be some weird custom changes, which is way way more effort than Trump would ever care about or that anyone would know to even try to offer him. We know he uses his phone for, uh, calls, so it has other basic functionalities. Hell, it could be as stupid as not knowing he can swipe the screen to show multiple pages of icons.

Back in the day, I thought they made all sorts of custom modifications to Obama's BlackBerry for security purposes. Heck, even the question of whether they'd allow him to keep using a BlackBerry at all once he was elected President was a big pre-inauguration storyline. I hope Trump isn't using a vanilla Android phone, for the sake of our national security...

Hindl

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Of course, if the government wanted to they could set all that up pretty easily, but it's not effortless to get rid of built-in apps
Back in the day, I thought they made all sorts of custom modifications to Obama's BlackBerry for security purposes. Heck, even the question of whether they'd allow him to keep using a BlackBerry at all once he was elected President was a big pre-inauguration storyline. I hope Trump isn't using a vanilla Android phone, for the sake of our national security...
I thought it was confirmed he was just using a basic phone. I remember there were security people talking about it and the dangers it posed earlier in the admin but obviously a lot of other shit has happened and it's pushed the security stuff out of focus

Tamanon

Banned
From a security standpoint, the phone has to be insanely locked down, if only because the Secret Service wouldn't let him have it otherwise.

Just being President doesn't mean he gets everything.

Still having Twitter means he would still have full access to Breitbart and the like. This all sounds like bull.

How so? You mean following them and opening links that way? Does he even follow those places? I thought he only saw like 40 accounts on there.

edit: I don't use Twitter so that's my confusion and reason for asking.

Ogodei

From a security standpoint, the phone has to be insanely locked down, if only because the Secret Service wouldn't let him have it otherwise.

Just being President doesn't mean he gets everything.

It's more the NSA who demands that Presidential communication tools are super locked down, i.e. the famous story of Obama fighting them to be able to use an on-brand Blackberry.

I just figured Trump had told them to go fuck themselves and their security standards, among all of the other norms he shattered on the way into office.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why does the president have unilateral power to pull out of trade agreements?

Trump faking that his gloves don't fit then throwing up his hands toward the media while saying "MY HANDS ARE TOO BIG!" Is the saddest, most pathetic shit he's done.

Not the most evil, not the most stupid, just fucking sad.

Why does the president have unilateral power to pull out of trade agreements?
He's the executive. He signs and engages in international agreements and is free to terminate them as he pleases. Congress must agree to treaties but nowadays trade agreements are executive agreements (or whatever they're called) precisely to keep Congress out of it.
Ok but what about unmasking?

It's Official: I'm seeing people on twitter saying that Texas deserves Harvey because of the Trump visits.

That shit should quit. Not only because it's callous and hateful, but his poll numbers there are as underwater as the state itself.

It's more the NSA who demands that Presidential communication tools are super locked down, i.e. the famous story of Obama fighting them to be able to use an on-brand Blackberry.

I just figured Trump had told them to go fuck themselves and their security standards, among all of the other norms he shattered on the way into office.

Donny Two Scoops: "Im an adult, I can have ice cream for dinner if I want!"

Rational adult: "I'm an adult, I don't want ice cream for dinner and the thought itself is absurd."

Teggy

It's Official: I'm seeing people on twitter saying that Texas deserves Harvey because of the Trump visits.

Twitter is terrible. There are millions of people on it, and if one idiot makes a post that gets retweeted by the right people, suddenly "Libs think they deserved it." It's how the antifa narrative got out of control too.

Open-carry swords and machetes in Texas start TODAY. See all of the new laws here: abc13.com/2265959/

Murica

Pixieking

Banned

It's probably another anti-Obama move.

The U.S.-South Korea deal, which was reached in 2007 and went into effect in 2012,

In July, U.S. Trade Representative Robert E. Lighthizer revealed some of Trump’s complaints with the South Korea deal during a special session that was called in an attempt by the White House to begin renegotiations.

Lighthizer said at the time that since 2012, the U.S. “trade deficit in goods with Korea has doubled from $13.2 billion to $27.6 billion, while U.S. goods exports have actually gone down. This is quite different from what the previous Administration sold to the American people when it urged approval of this Agreement.

Either he's intentionally conflating the W and Obama administrations for nationalistic reasons, or he misspoke. And I don't see how anyone could misspeak to such a degree and not immediately correct themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom