• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a weird loophole where the Sec of Defense cannot veto the order to launch but still has the responsibility of certifying it. Trump could order a nuking and Mattis could just refuse to certify it or resign, leaving with the US with nobody that can certify a nuclear strike order.

This movie was oddly prescient... Someone photoshop Trump onto Hackman.

genetide.jpg

Ogodei

Who would go in on invoking the 25th? Tillerson, Mattis, Mnuchin (?), Chao (McConnell and Trump fucking hate each other)... needs a majority though yeah?

Shulkin and maybe the people in charge of Ag and Labor.

I don't think Carson or Perry would be that loyal when the rubber met the road.

Wilbur Ross is the one that'd stick by Trump.

Pixieking

Banned
What would be the fallout of the 25th in terms of complicity? Like, everyone knows Trump is unfit, and whilst the past couple of weeks have been worse than the previous few months, it's not like this is altogether new. So, what would be the effect of people enacting the 25th now, rather than before? I'm sure there'd be a lot of "Finally! He's gone!" reactions, but shouldn't there also be fallout in the sense of "Why didn't anyone do anything sooner?".

Special election in Florida tonight, State House this time. We lost 56-44 in a Clinton district, which is disappointing on its face, but the bizarre circumstances of the race (original Dem candidate dropped out over residency laws after it was too late to replace him on the ballot) made it a tough nut to crack. The new Democrat (who received all the votes cast for the old Democrat) even won the Election Day vote 52-48, so hopefully this district is flippable with a more competent party apparatus next time.

Too bad Florida Dems suck.

Don't think Pence goes down. Whatever comes out with Trump doubt there will be energy to remove him as well given how tame his involvement will look in comparison

Ogodei

Don't think Pence goes down. Whatever comes out with Trump doubt there will be energy to remove him as well given how tame his involvement will look in comparison

Since impeachment is up to the GOP, i agree with this. Pence would be their guy all the way, a (relatively) inoffensive empty suit.

Kusagari

I could see Hatch just declining the position if it fell to him.

Which means we get...dun dun dun dun

President Rex "Donald Trump is a moron" Tillerson.

What would be the fallout of the 25th in terms of complicity? Like, everyone knows Trump is unfit, and whilst the past couple of weeks have been worse than the previous few months, it's not like this is altogether new. So, what would be the effect of people enacting the 25th now, rather than before? I'm sure there'd be a lot of "Finally! He's gone!" reactions, but shouldn't there also be fallout in the sense of "Why didn't anyone do anything sooner?".

I imagine the Republican Party as a whole is going to take a hit in 2018, but if they had to forcibly remove Trump, any Representative or Senator that voted against his removal would see their numbers likely tank, as well as anyone who openly campaigned for him. If it's spearheaded by Mueller's investigation, it won't take a genius to go "how did you miss all of these signs?" I hope they rake the Republican Party over the coals because the only change Donald Trump asked for during the Convention was to change the Parties stance on Russia, and they lapped it up unquestioningly.

Pence is tied into it through Flynn. He was responsible for vetting him and did such a profoundly terrible job he didn't even realize Flynn was literally the definition of a foreign agent before okaying him to be the National Security Adviser. On top of that, he's been on air repeating Trump's lies, and is slowly getting the hatred piled onto him for his continual attempt at political ploys that backfire spectacularly.

I could see Hatch just declining the position if it fell to him.

Which means we get...dun dun dun dun

President Rex "Donald Trump is a moron" Tillerson.

Hey, that's President Rex "Donald Trump is a fucking moron" Tillerson. Show some respect.

oh

my

god

Daily reminder that Seb Gorka is a literal dumpster fire of a human being.

Pence is tied into it through Flynn. He was responsible for vetting him and did such a profoundly terrible job he didn't even realize Flynn was literally the definition of a foreign agent before okaying him to be the National Security Adviser. On top of that, he's been on air repeating Trump's lies, and is slowly getting the hatred piled onto him for his continual attempt at political ploys that backfire spectacularly.
I don’t think not properly vetting someone is enough cause to remove a sitting president. In order for Pence to go down, he’s going to need to be directly implicated either by actual proof of colluding with Russian officials or a paper money trail like don and his kids almost certainly have.

I think it’ll be difficult to pin him down directly.. It’ll likely be a large scandal for him as most will probably put 2 + 2 together but I see Pence being POTUS come 2020 if Trump is gone.

Clearly the solution here is Eminem vs Kid Rock for US Senate. If Michigan wants to go circus, fuck it and go all out circus. It'd effectively be a Generic D vs Generic R race, but with people who like to swear a lot and have divergent personal stories.

This'll bring out all the "he's pretending to be black, so he's racist" racists, but, you know, there's very little content related to race in that video. It's all just pretty common sense and standard everyday complaints and some current events stuff, sad as that is to have to admit.

Mr.Mike

Clearly the solution here is Eminem vs Kid Rock for US Senate. If Michigan wants to go circus, fuck it and go all out circus. It'd effectively be a Generic D vs Generic R race, but with people who like to swear a lot and have divergent personal stories.

This'll bring out all the "he's pretending to be black, so he's racist" racists, but, you know, there's very little content related to race in that video. It's all just pretty common sense and standard everyday complaints and some current events stuff, sad as that is to have to admit.

I kinda really want to see a Senator Mathers now. It'd really do a lot to add some spice to C-SPAN.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Corker should challenge him to an IQ test.

Well we know exactly how that would pan out, don't we.

Corker takes test, releases certified results.

Trump:
- says he is too busy Making America Great Again to take test, berates Corker for laziness
- says he will release results "when the time is right"
- refuses to release results because "they are under audit"
- releases hastily written badly spelled letter from his doctor claiming he has the greatest IQ of any human being ever, believe me
- invades random country to distract

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Well we know exactly how that would pan out, don't we.

Corker takes test, releases certified results.

Trump:
- says he is too busy Making America Great Again to take test, berates Corker for laziness
- says he will release results "when the time is right"
- refuses to release results because "they are under audit"
- releases hastily written badly spelled letter from his doctor claiming he has the greatest IQ of any human being ever, believe me
- invades random country to distract

Naw, he would just lie and say he took it and the number was “much higher than widdle corker’s” and that it was “the highest anyone had seen”

Wilsongt

I guess Hannity's boom was the Weinstein story and how he gave all that money to Democrats, thus democrats are supported by a sexual predator.

is this Thief and the Cobbler?

It is. Its odd to see others reference it. No one I knew growing up ever saw it.

I remembered it as the bad Aladdin movie.
Yes - I went for the deep cut.

If you haven’t seen it, check out the fan edit/restoration. The released version (produced by everyone’s favorite, Harvey Weinstein) is a butchered cut that added songs, made several mute characters talk and left a ton of beautiful animation on the cutting room floor.

tumblr_muk22eN0zp1s6orx3o1_400.gif

tumblr_msj7fhgXIW1shr2ugo1_250.gif

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom