• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politically, there is no reason to compromise on DACA or tie keeping it to something only Trump's base of bigots and uneducated morons want (like the wall). Keeping DACA is highly popular and supported by just about everyone, if the GOP wants to die on a hill defending Trump's actions on it, let them.

Exactly. Hold the line on it, there aren't any voters we want who would punish you for it.

Did you guys see today's gallup? Safe to say Trump has had his first official poll "bump" as President. He's had a massive 9 point swing in just 2 days. On 9/1 he was at 34/61, just two days later on 9/3 he now spiked up to 38/56.

Is this a "Harvey Bump"? Or maybe over the holiday weekend, soft Trump supporters came home after getting refueled with fresh Trump propaganda from family members.

Did you guys see today's gallup? Safe to say Trump has had his first official poll "bump" as President. He's had a massive 9 point swing in just 2 days. On 9/1 he was at 34/61, just two days later on 9/3 he now spiked up to 38/56.

Is this a "Harvey Bump"? Or maybe over the holiday weekend, soft Trump supporters came home after getting refueled with fresh Trump propaganda from family members.
It could be.

Im voting 'it's hot as balls on the west coast an nobody is picking up the damn phone'

He read from a teleprompter that one time during a SOTU and his poll numbers went up, he also became president of the united states that night.

dramatis

I think Scott is declaring so early because he doesn't want to be caught looking like Texas, even though Harvey and Irma aren't really so comparable.

Good luck to Florida and hope the storm just kind of swings back out to the Atlantic.

Vixdean

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

Harvey bump. Most talk has been about hurricane in media and not as much about the horrible shit he's done. Plus he kissed a black kid and Republicans aren't on TV complaining how he's doing a horrible job.

Unfortunately bad Trump shit like ending daca is about to be drowned out by another hurricane. Guy has so much damn luck it's crazy.

Harvey bump probably

Figures...

Holiday

Harvey

Noise

He had an 8-point bump over a month ago. His disapproval rating usually looks like an EKG on Gallup, it 's super volatile. The recent steadiness was atypical.

I like how an 8 point jump still leaves him at a pathetically low rating.

A jump that large is rather suspect

Harvey bump. Most talk has been about hurricane in media and not as much about the horrible shit he's done. Plus he kissed a black kid and Republicans aren't on TV complaining how he's doing a horrible job.

Unfortunately bad Trump shit like ending daca is about to be drowned out by another hurricane. Guy has so much damn luck it's crazy.

I'm... not sure I say Trump has "luck" when he's looking at a failed one term presidency that will be left as an embarrassing footnote in American history.

Well, 38% puts him nearly back at 50. Pack it in, folks. Dreamers getting deported, Obamacare being repealed, RBG and Breyer might as well self-immolate. Nothing good will ever happen again, even your school board elections 'bout to be gerrymandered.

I almost said, "This is literally bad" but couldn't bring myself to misuse "literally" in the egregious way this forum does.

I like how an 8 point jump still leaves him at a pathetically low rating.

A jump that large is rather suspect

I'm... not sure I say Trump has "luck" when he's looking at a failed one term presidency that will be left as an embarrassing footnote in American history.

One term isn't guaranteed. After last November I have no faith in him losing and won't believe it until it happens.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
From the little CNN I watched over the last few days, he definitely got some positive news coverage for his second attempt at being a human during a natural disaster.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Well, 38% puts him nearly back at 50. Pack it in, folks. Dreamers getting deported, Obamacare being repealed, RBG and Breyer might as well self-immolate. Nothing good will ever happen again, even your school board elections 'bout to be gerrymandered.

I almost said, "This is literally bad" but couldn't bring myself to misuse "literally" in the egregious way this forum does.

Like, literally a "moderate darling"?

Probably has more to do with the holiday than anything. I expect it roll off in three days.

Even if it doesn't, 38% is not like, a good approval rating!

royalan

Also, it's a holiday weekend. The last big weekend before the end of Summer. Outside of Harvey, nobody is paying attention to the news right now.

I expect the DACA news to come into focus this week and hit his numbers again.

Ogodei

Also, it's a holiday weekend. The last big weekend before the end of Summer. Outside of Harvey, nobody is paying attention to the news right now.

I expect the DACA news to come into focus this week and hit his numbers again.

Unless Irma drives it off, but hurricane season starts to peter out right when the budget comes due...

Am I the only one that thinks it's totally pointless to monitor the 2/3% daily shiftings in his approval ratings. Every new number is basically within the margin of error

sangreal

I don't think DACA will hurt his numbers. It's too abstract right now. If we get to the point of immigration squads taking people from their homes (people who of course have friends, families and coworkers in this country) then it will hurt his numbers

Teggy

Cris Ruiz @votecris2040
Concerned Community members from WA, CA, NM, AZ, TX, ID, VA holding a vigil outside Jared Kushner & @IvankaTrump's house #DefendDACA

Newsflash: these people won't help you.

That DREAM Act vote was such bullshit. Collins, Graham, McCain, Kirk and Snowe voting for it would have gotten it passed, but nope, can't let Obama have a win ever.

Oh, and I forgot that 5 Democrats voted against it as well. Dumbshits. I think only one of them is even still around.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Scott is declaring so early because he doesn't want to be caught looking like Texas, even though Harvey and Irma aren't really so comparable.

Good luck to Florida and hope the storm just kind of swings back out to the Atlantic.

Yeah, its pretty early, but its looking like some part of the state will get hit between Friday and Sunday in most current models. Hope this doesn't damage the area where my family is too badly.

NeoXChaos

That DREAM Act vote was such bullshit. Collins, Graham, McCain, Kirk and Snowe voting for it would have gotten it passed, but nope, can't let Obama have a win ever.

Oh, and I forgot that 5 Democrats voted against it as well. Dumbshits. I think only one of them is even still around.

if reid would have nuked the filibuster it would have passed.

Trump's gimp Jeff Sessions is the one that gets to announce he's ending daca tomorrow. Bet the keebler elf is thrilled.

DI69txZXkAA-yks.jpg

No questions after

ascii42

Am I the only one that thinks it's totally pointless to monitor the 2/3% daily shiftings in his approval ratings. Every new number is basically within the margin of error
Gallup's weekly average is better to look at for that reason. Shows the overal trend, and has a lower margin of error.
Yeah, this is expected. The flat line for the past week was the weird thing.
Yeah, that was interesting.

From the little CNN I watched over the last few days, he definitely got some positive news coverage for his second attempt at being a human during a natural disaster.

I think Trump actually gave a decent effort on the second attempt because Mike Pence just a couple of days earlier basically upstaged Trump. In a lot of the news coverage, it was said Mike Pence was acting like how a real President should during a natural disaster and there was footage of him getting his hands dirty rebuilding homes.

Especially after that recent NYT article, Trump is probably deeply suspicious of Pence and just in general Trump doesn't like his subordinates getting better press coverage. That's probably why Trump finally found the fortitude to kiss black babies and act like a human being for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom