• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is this Verrit thing I've been seeing all over Twitter?

It's a media site intending to report from a Clintonite perspective. Clinton endorsed it. The website crashed, possibly as a result of deliberate attack, but more likely because the owners are incompetent.

I'm reflecting on when posters say things like "I have a friend who supports Trump", and it's like, why? Why are they still your friend? Why would you want to be associated with people who choose to follow and believe in pure scum?

Family, I could get to some degree, you can't choose them nor coworkers. But why would you tolerate friends who support bigotry?

This should be fun...

Leigh Ann Caldwell @LACaldwellDC
NEWS: Senate WILL add the debt ceiling to Harvey aid. They hope to add the CR too but it might not be done in time.

The freedom caucus will no doubt enjoy reading this.

I'm reflecting on when posters say things like "I have a friend who supports Trump", and it's like, why? Why are they still your friend? Why would you want to be associated with people who choose to follow and believe in pure scum?

Family, I could get to some degree, you can't choose them nor coworkers. But why would you tolerate friends who support bigotry?

I cut off my relationship with my folks over this shit, it was just too much. Nothing could get through to them so I basically had to say "You know what, I can't abide by your feelings on this."

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's a media site intending to report from a Clintonite perspective. Clinton endorsed it. The website crashed, possibly as a result of deliberate attack, but more likely because the owners are incompetent.
I'm not exactly sure what a 'Clitonite perspective' would be. It's a news site for blue dogs/center left?

Because as a privileged person it's my responsibility to keep the lines of persuasion open where others can't.

Uh...doesn’t this guarantee some Republican “no” votes and give Democrats incredible leverage?
Yup, which Pelosi is a master at. Just this May she completely ate the GOP's lunch over something the party would have voted for anyway.

But we should replace her with Tim Ryan for those sweet, sweet corporate tax cuts.

Because as a privileged person it's my responsibility to keep the lines of persuasion open where others can't.

This sucks for me to say and think but when I see a furry avatar in a discussion about morality all I can reflect on is how the furry fandom is struggling to not have goddamn nazis take over its image.

Shaming is a form of persuasion as well. Kick them out. Kick them all out. There is no room for civility towards Trump supporters, and no room at all for Nazis.

pigeon

Banned
But the Freedom Caucus specifically said they wouldn't vote for it tied to Harvey aid so I don't get it.

The problem Ryan is trying to solve here is not the Freedom Caucus. He's already accepted they will vote no because they suck.

The problem Ryan is trying to solve is getting all the other Republicans to support a debt ceiling increase which they know they have to pass but don't want to be responsible for.

Boehner's strategy for passing must-pass legislation was always either to tie it into stuff Republicans will actually vote for, or to pass it with mostly Democratic votes. This looks like the former. But honestly it could end up being the latter.

Blader

But the Freedom Caucus specifically said they wouldn't vote for it tied to Harvey aid so I don't get it.

The Freedom Caucus is not going to vote for a debt ceiling lift at all unless it's tied to draconian spending cuts that will never happen. So trying to court their vote at all on this issue is kind of pointless from Ryan's perspective.

This sucks for me to say and think but when I see a furry avatar in a discussion about morality all I can reflect on is how the furry fandom is struggling to not have goddamn nazis take over its image.

Shaming is a form of persuasion as well. Kick them out. Kick them all out. There is no room for civility towards Trump supporters, and no room at all for Nazis.

PoliGAF probably isn't the place to have this debate again, so i'll just note that gamers in glass houses can hardly afford to throw stones at furries wrt sharing a fandom with fascists.

The problem Ryan is trying to solve here is not the Freedom Caucus. He's already accepted they will vote no because they suck.

The problem Ryan is trying to solve is getting all the other Republicans to support a debt ceiling increase which they know they have to pass but don't want to be responsible for.

Boehner's strategy for passing must-pass legislation was always either to tie it into stuff Republicans will actually vote for, or to pass it with mostly Democratic votes. This looks like the former. But honestly it could end up being the latter.

I'm thinking the latter with Ryan ignoring the FC and allowing the dems to tack on some version of the dream act in exchange for their votes. Then the senate just passes it straight through.

That could be wishful thinking.

But you're also a gamer!

Yeah, but do gamers also have an antifa chapter?

c0e.jpg

C68Ie-fXAAAYzKK.jpg

rco%2Cmens_premium_t_shirt%2Cmens%2Cx700%2Cfafafa%3Aca443f4786%2Cfront-c%2C158%2C120%2C210%2C230-bg%2Cf8f8f8.lite-3u1.jpg

I don't think so!

Ogodei

Basically he wants to avoid looking like he's caving to the Democrats constantly to get anything done, otherwise he just ends up facing a vote of no confidence much like Boehner did.

Basically he wants to avoid looking like he's caving to the Democrats constantly to get anything done, otherwise he just ends up facing a vote of no confidence much like Boehner did.

I don't want him to go out like Boehner, I want him to go out like Foley.

Iron Stache. Believe.

why is there furry shit in my poligaf

I'll take it over Relitiigating the Primary Round 7648761 though.

The antifascist circle is kind of a neat historical touch, but on the other hand the Iron Front was a massive failure.
Unlike Iron Stache, who will be a massive success. Believe.

Mike M

Nick N
I actually seem to recall hearing something about Nazism and facists being a problem in the furry community a few years ago, I think.

studyguy

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/905080722758578178
Frank Luntz (@FrankLuntz)
• DACA beneficiaries age 25+ with a college degree: 35.5%
• All Americans age 25+ with a college degree: 33.4%

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/905082711999528962
Frank Luntz (@FrankLuntz)
97% of DACA beneficiaries are currently employed or in school.
Those with jobs earn (and pay taxes on) an average annual income of $41,621.

Something something, the American dream...

Also your fursona doesn't have a political opinion, you do.

I don't even understand how Nazi Furries even came to be. That's right up there with Republican Bronies. A bunch of walking, talking paradoxes as far as I'm concerned.

If it didn't have real world consequences, it would be kind of funny how everything the Republicans did during the Obama administration didn't account for the contingency that they would regain the presidency some day.

Zona

In my case? Because my friend who most supports Trump is also one of the four people who were there for me during the absolute lowest period of my life, and to whom I probably literally owe my continued existence. I accept that realistically they would likely have to literally stab me in the back for me to reconsider our relationship.

The other three are all either leftists or politically apathetic.

He's well aware that I find his political views abhorrent, I'm well aware that the feelings mutual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom