• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As someone else said earlier, unless Hannity/FNC/Limbaugh vocally turn against him, his base won't even know.

jtb

Banned
WA-08 will flip in 2018. The GOP's most viable candidate, by a good country mile, just told us it was unwinnable. Will it stay blue in future elections? I don't know, particularly since it'll get redrawn again.

Also, it's kind of absurd to claim that the Dem party apparatus is terrible in Washington state. What exactly do you expect a state party to do? Win permanent trifectas for all eternity?

Definitely not guaranteed. The 8th is pretty rural. Gone D the past few presidential elections, but have literally never elected a D Rep. Would feel better about the seat if it wasn't a non-presidential election. Clinton only won there by 3 points (compare that to the 7th district where she won by 70).

Under these conditions, the midterm will favor the Dems rather than the GOP since it's a referendum on a hugely unpopular president and the generic ballot polls are already very good for Ds. College educated vote will be up relative to the rest of the vote. May not stay blue, but until the new census, it's about as good an opportunity as we're going to get.

Plus, they've voted for Dem Senators -- the only reason why they haven't elected a D rep is because it got redrawn in 2010 to "fit" the incumbent because everyone likes Reichert and thinks he was a good rep, and it was patently obvious he was on borrowed time in a district drawn where Obama won by +15 in 2008.

CNN has Clinton's book.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/politics/hillary-clinton-what-happened/index.html

She doesn't understand why she's a lightning rod but presumes her gender is part of the reason.

SMH.

You're a politician Hillary. You live the part changing tone and stances to whomever you're speaking to. It's not personal...you're as dense as many of your ilk. You do however go beyond some colleagues of yesteryear because it's hard to say you believe in anything. Marriage is a "sacred bond" between a man and a woman and yet a few years later you say you're a champion for LGBT rights and always have been! Your drastic swings of opinion are not fit for the moniker of "Queen" unless "Mad" is right before it. Your desire to be loved is a tragic lesson to all who watch: be yourself and not the clown that plays a roll for whatever crowd is still willing to watch. You're an actress, fake, and people see right through your act. You're not dynamic, you're what everyone hates about politics and politicians. That is the reason people don't like you. It's ironic you were defeated by a clown. I guess people want the real clown, not the fake one.

Dude I'm not sure Hill reads GAF tbqh

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I wouldn't be surprised if a staffer read it during the election. GAF ranked comically high on referrals to hillaryclinton.com.

I'm not joking when I say I think democratic officials read this board when their slogan for 2018 came out. They released the original, we picked it apart and then reformed it, and then soon after they released the new version that was nearly identical to what we had done. Every argument we had with it was taken into account and addressed. It was bizarrely coincidental.

Wilsongt

The Republican Propaganda machine is a scary beast. In less than 48 hours they've gone from attacking Democrats, to calling McConnell, Ryan, and others establishment Republicans and swamp Republicans.

All while doing their yoga poses to keep licking Trump's balls.

The Republican Propaganda machine is a scary beast. In less than 48 hours they've gone from attacking Democrats, to calling McConnell, Ryan, and others establishment Republicans and swamp Republicans.

Theoretically, is there any point they turn on Trump? Maybe if he starts adopting actual Democratic policy positions?

Theoretically, is there any point they turn on Trump? Maybe if he starts adopting actual Democratic policy positions?

It's a cult of personality, Trump's policies don't matter at all. If Trump suddenly supported medicare for all, gay rights and taxing the rich, his supporters and their propaganda machines would twist themselves to find ways to rationalize their support.

Diablos

All this while Tom Perez... gets a teaching gig

2017 y'all

I'm not joking when I say I think democratic officials read this board when their slogan for 2018 came out. They released the original, we picked it apart and then reformed it, and then soon after they released the new version that was nearly identical to what we had done. Every argument we had with it was taken into account and addressed. It was bizarrely coincidental.
That was hilarious! You'd think they could at least pay us for the consulting time. If people want to call us paid shills it'd be nice if we got paid.

I'd like to take this time to pitch my ideas for 2020 again:
Ticket = Charisma/Charisma. Literally any 2 people with charisma.
Slogan = "Medicare for all and legal weed"

Blader

All this while Tom Perez... gets a teaching gig

2017 y'all

Is he full on teaching or is he dropping in as a guest speaker? I think there's a pretty big time/effort commitment between the two.

I get quite a few of those emails from Ellison as well as Perez.

From the debates, I liked Mayor Pete. Perez & Ellison never "wowed" me. Especially Perez talking about policy on Israel during one of the debates.

I like Buttigeg too but I didn't really see how he was ready in any way to lead an organization like the DNC. I'm curious to see what the next step in his career is though. He's pretty young now but a rising talent for sure.

sazzy

this made me chuckle

9zRWzdo.png

We live in a timeline where the first major piece of legislation passed by Donald Trump, who ran on a nationalist campaign of "America First," will probably be a codified version of DACA.

What in the world

We live in a timeline where the first major piece of legislation passed by Donald Trump, who ran on a nationalist campaign of "America First," will probably be a codified version of DACA.

What in the world

ThIs timeline has an interesting sense of irony. Watch when Trump celebrates being able to do something that not even Obama could do.

Is he full on teaching or is he dropping in as a guest speaker? I think there's a pretty big time/effort commitment between the two.

I like Buttigeg too but I didn't really see how he was ready in any way to lead an organization like the DNC. I'm curious to see what the next step in his career is though. He's pretty young now but a rising talent for sure.
I want him to be my President one day sooo bad.

dramatis

this made me chuckle
I remember Chaffetz posted a photo of that moment talking about how glad she wasn't president. In the end, Hillary didn't even consider him important enough to remember.

I feel like Bezos is looking for some way to spend the profits that Amazon is finally showing in recent years, because he's running out of things to spend and expand Amazon into.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It means they are in no danger of deportation for the next 6 months

Why is it so vague... like, I read it as "if you're part of the program, nothing to worry about and no action needed to stay in the country" (which isn't true) but it seems it's actually supposed to read "I'm not taking any action on you guys, don't worry"

bananas

Banned
Why do I have a feeling this is going to lead to actual immigration reform legislation pushed by the Democrats and Trump is going to sign it into law?

Why do I have a feeling this is going to lead to actual immigration reform legislation pushed by the Democrats and Trump is going to sign it into law?

This is what the GOP believes is going to happen, and why they're so mad at Trump for yesterday. Trump handed the Democrats the tools they need to make the bill happen.

Trump's first major legislative "win" will be a Dreamer/DACA bill, in a really ironic twist of fate.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I kind of want all of the media to stop reporting that this is a master play by Pelosi/Schumer, because that just makes Trump more likely to grow resentful and do something stupid again.

Basically any time he does anything remotely positive just say "ok good job" and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom