• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN has Clinton's book.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/politics/hillary-clinton-what-happened/index.html

She doesn't understand why she's a lightning rod but presumes her gender is part of the reason.

SMH.

You're a politician Hillary. You live the part changing tone and stances to whomever you're speaking to. It's not personal...you're as dense as many of your ilk. You do however go beyond some colleagues of yesteryear because it's hard to say you believe in anything. Marriage is a "sacred bond" between a man and a woman and yet a few years later you say you're a champion for LGBT rights and always have been! Your drastic swings of opinion are not fit for the moniker of "Queen" unless "Mad" is right before it. Your desire to be loved is a tragic lesson to all who watch: be yourself and not the clown that plays a roll for whatever crowd is still willing to watch. You're an actress, fake, and people see right through your act. You're not dynamic, you're what everyone hates about politics and politicians. That is the reason people don't like you. It's ironic you were defeated by a clown. I guess people want the real clown, not the fake one.

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves thinking Pelosi and Schumer have any say in anything. If you start buying into that narrative you're setting yourself up for massive disappointment.

Barzul

I kind of want all of the media to stop reporting that this is a master play by Pelosi/Schumer, because that just makes Trump more likely to grow resentful and do something stupid again.

Basically any time he does anything remotely positive just say "ok good job" and leave it at that.

CNN has to media cycle to run and this is exactly what they will do. Good thing he mostly watches Fox though. This is actually where Kelly's information flow control policy might actually come in handy.

Barzul

I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves thinking Pelosi and Schumer have any say in anything. If you start buying into that narrative you're setting yourself up for massive disappointment.

Don't think any of us is doing this. We only recognize that Trump has now shown willingness to buck his party leadership and even his administration. The leverage for DACA with the 3 month debt ceiling raise is also real. But we all still know what Trump is.

We don't think that. It's mostly incredibly amusing that a situation has happened where the country is set to benefit from the fact that trump hates McConnell and Ryan as much as us.

bananas

Banned
Maggie Haberman says it was Trump who initiated the call, which is a pretty interesting fact itself.
Trump wants a win.

Trump is still a racist, garbage man. His presidency and career all have pointed to this. But above all that the thing that drives Trump is his ego. He doesn't give a shit about the Republican's positions. He went with them because the Republican path was the easiest to becoming president.

But the GOP Congress has done nothing for him for 9 months. So he's gonna go with the Dems. Because he doesn't care about what it is, he just wants to be able to say he did it.

No, no, the Republicans thought they could use Trump to get what they wanted, and look what happened with that. Dems shouldn't fall into the same trap.

It's not that I think we can get what we want out of Trump. It's that I'm concerned Pence as President could get more damage done.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Democrats are doing a great job if they're able to somehow leverage themselves to help protect DACA and other things, I just start to get troubled when I hear people talk about Trump being easy to manipulate, just looking for a win, not actually attached to Republican policy, etc. That's the kind of thinking that contributed to where we are today.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Democrats are doing a great job if they're able to somehow leverage themselves to help protect DACA and other things, I just start to get troubled when I hear people talk about Trump being easy to manipulate, just looking for a win, not actually attached to Republican policy, etc. That's the kind of thinking that contributed to where we are today.

Thanks for the reminder! It gets hard seeing the forest for the trees sometimes.

Mnuchin: White House Is ‘Very Happy’ With Trump Making A Deal With Dems

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin on Thursday said the White House is “very comfortable” with a deal President Donald Trump made siding with Democrats over the unanimous opposition of Republicans.

“The President’s priority was to make sure that we had funding for Harvey and to make sure we raised the debt limit to pay for that, and we’ve accomplished that,” Mnuchin said on Fox Business’ “Mornings with Maria.”
“We’ve very happy that we have a deal,” he said. “We’re comfortable.”

Mnuchin said the deal “clears out the next 90 days for us to focus on important things.”
What it ultimately came down to, as Mnuchin explained, was, “The President wanted to have a deal.”

I'm not joking when I say I think democratic officials read this board when their slogan for 2018 came out. They released the original, we picked it apart and then reformed it, and then soon after they released the new version that was nearly identical to what we had done. Every argument we had with it was taken into account and addressed. It was bizarrely coincidental.

so do other internet forums just not exist to you people

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think Pelosi provokes a more immediate reaction to the base than a more generic concept, no?

Immediate reaction, yes, but that's because she's the instantiation of those fears. If not for her association with them, they wouldn't care.

How do i become a ��Globalist�� because they sound godlike

1. convert to judaism
2. make lots of money
3. donate it to liberal causes

Don't think it necessarily has to be in order.

I kind of want all of the media to stop reporting that this is a master play by Pelosi/Schumer, because that just makes Trump more likely to grow resentful and do something stupid again.

Basically any time he does anything remotely positive just say "ok good job" and leave it at that.

On the other hand, most of the media coverage of this deal mentions how stupid Trump has made Ryan and McConnell (which I'm sure he's happy about), so print away! Maybe he can make them look like idiots over comprehensive immigration reform! And next he can make them look like idiots over wage increases!

Legit, Donald Trump is now a useful idiot for the Democrats.

Immediate reaction, yes, but that's because she's the instantiation of those fears. If not for her association with them, they wouldn't care.

1. convert to judaism
2. make lots of money
3. donate it to liberal causes

Don't think it necessarily has to be in order.

If you do (1) after the others, the alt-right just assumes you were actually Jewish the whole time anyway, just in secret. It's like racist Battlestar Galactica.

Fox318

Pelosi on speaking with Trump says he'd probably sign a DREAM act but with border protection provisions added:

https://twitter.com/lizcgoodwin/status/905811978228088832

He wants that wall up.

I'm shocked that Dems are going to fund it considering how wasteful and the impact om the environment a project like that would be.

Unless Trump has scaled down his Game of Thrones style wall to one of a picket fence.

I don't think anyone is denying that changes should be made with regards to security but a wall that big is a massive undertaking with little return.

I could be somewhat ok with nominal additional funding to ICE in exchange for a DREAM act, but anything going to that fucking wall or muslim ban should be a no-go.

EDIT:

I can live with additional non-wall border security as well.

kirblar

Pelosi and Schumer know you can't trust him. You can only work with him exclusively in the short term. But passing up opportunities is bad because we did that w Nixon and it fucked us.

Crocodile

The Comprehensive Immigration Reform package we had a few years ago had LOTS of money for border security (more agents + better training, a little fencing, etc.). Democrats have never been against border security. Don't confuse that for "THE WALL" (Dems know they would be literally shot in their districts if they voted for an actual wall). If Dems can get DREAM Act + border security of that type, the same type that was in the CIR bill of yesteryear, onto Trump's desk and he signs it then that's a MAJOR victory.

The Comprehensive Immigration Reform package we had a few years ago had LOTS of money for border security (more agents + better training, a little fencing, etc.). Democrats have never been against border security. Don't confuse that for "the wall" (Dems know they would be literally shot in their districts if they voted for an actual wall). If Dems can get DREAM Act + border security of that type, the same type that was in the CIR bill of yesteryear, onto Trump's desk and he signs it then that's a MAJOR victory.

Would it be a big blow to his propaganda arm too? I'd like to think it'd piss off Brietbart/Hannity etc. but I could also see them looking at it as a victory too...

Barzul

Cruz is voting for the CR + DC raise with Harvey relief. Of course he had to though, he's a senator from Texas, he basically had zero choice lol.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised it took that long, I called Time on her career a while back.

bad-dum tish

Would it be a big blow to his propaganda arm too? I'd like to think it'd piss off Brietbart/Hannity etc. but I could also see them looking at it as a victory too...

It will be interesting watching the white nationalist response to a hypothetical bill that increases non wall border security but lets hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants stick around and take their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom