• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
laserbeam said:
Does anyone really view this as unity? I mean its all an elaborate pony show to try and present a face of unity.

You could say the same thing for every parties convention in the modern era, they're all scripted. But the symbolism clearly means something to all parties involved, Clinton gets her respect but Obama gets his nomination. Like Chris Mathews said, you also have to love hearing all the accents and different stories from states all over our union, even if some of them try to drag it out forever.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
laserbeam said:
The last thing this country needs is either party with total control of the congress and white house.

There is nothing wrong with having to compromise between parties to get stuff done.

The thing this country needs is a thorough house cleaning of many members of congress, period.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/27/arkansas-didnt-mean-to-go_n_121922.html
old?
According to Rebecca Gwatney from the Arkansas delegation, the last line of the state's roll call speech was cut off by the Secretary. Instead of casting all 47 votes for Barack Obama, they only meant to cast 37, with 8 votes for Hillary Clinton. (Two of the state's 47 delegates were absent.) When the chair announced all 47 votes for Obama, many delegates from other states rose to cheer the state for their unanimous statement, which now appears to have only been a clerical mistake.

"It's no big deal," one Arkansas delegate told the Huffington Post.

oops

reilo

laserbeam said:
That I fully agree with

I have no problems with a Democratic president and a republican congress or vice versa as long as both parties share the same vision: the vision is to do what's best for the country and work for its people.

Many republicans did not and still do not share the vision. Granted, many democrats don't either, but I believe the percentage is a lot smaller.

polyh3dron said:
We've BEEN challenging you but you never address our challenges and respond with ad hominem and non sequitur BULLSHIT.

And then you complain about being inundated with bullshit.

And THEN you call people names.

And THEN you say "bububu but nobody wants to challenge me cuz im too smart hur hur hurrr"

GTFO.

Sorry...

Didn't call anyone names. Stated my position - yall didn't care.

reilo

siamesedreamer said:
Sorry...

You called Dax01 a weak pussy. You then also berated him for being 16 years old multiple times. Quit goddamn lying.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Amir0x said:
CHUCK GOD DENIED

his Godly status shunned. Why is this so?

Looks like somebody spoke too soon!

Illinois did in fact yield to New York, just not the first time!

DO NOT QUESTION CHUCK GOD.

laserbeam said:
The last thing this country needs is either party with total control of the congress and white house.

There is nothing wrong with having to compromise between parties to get stuff done.

I don't find this to be necessarily true. In a perfect world, we can have a bipartisan Congress and administration where everyone can compromise and meet half way. That's not the case-we've proven that democracy in this day and age is based purely on two sides with their own agendas. And for the last 8 years, America has been lied to and lead on by some of the most corrupted people in American history. To dig ourselves back up, we need to completely change from what we've become-right now, sadly, we can only do that with a majority Democratic Congress and administration.

We can re-evaluate things in another four years to see if we're ready to try bipartisanship. If there's anyone who can hope to achieve this though, it's Obama.

MIMIC

Banned
I wish they would have played the instrumental version of T.I.'s "What You Know" when it was announced that he won the nomination.

I did. :)

siamesedreamer said:
Sorry...

Didn't care? We responded to your position with legitimate points and criticism... yet you then failed to respond with substance. Calling it simply bullshit or pushing everything aside with sarcasm.

reilo

538aug27.gif

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
bishoptl said:
Fuck that race-baiting asshole, his shtick has gone on long enough.

I fuckin love you, bish!!! <3 <3 <3
Man, siamesedreamer was getting annoying and tiresome.

Odrion

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Hopefully not,he keeps things interesting in here.
not really, the dude was a fucking anus dump
Karma Kramer said:
I am open for honest debate... but he typically brought nothing but smear and empty talking points.
he use to constantly post negative articles about democrats and then get angry whenever someone accused him of having an alibi, when he did open his mouth he would immediately get called out on his stupid views by the first person who read about politics and goes back to his trolling

the dude was absolutely worthless

masud

Banned
Phoenix said:
Nagin its a damn state of emergency - take your ass back to New Orleans instead of talking to CNN.
Come on he has three days till the storm hits, he's an hour flight away give him a break.

ronito

Door2Dawn said:
Hopefully not,he keeps things interesting in here.
I like SD but he's been out of control lately. Don't come out and say "No one will challenge me!" Then not post for like 3 pages when the next set of posts are accepting your challenge and then come back and say you didn't call people names (which you did) and that you were just stating your position and people couldn't handle it.

Hootie

So the main speakers tonight are Biden and Bill Clinton? Should be awesome, though I hope Clinton doesn't steal Biden's thunder.

Has Axelrod read Clinton's speech yet? I'm really wondering what will be included in it and how it will be delivered, knowing what shit went down back during the primaries.

Phoenix

masud said:
Come on he has three days till the storm hits, he's an hour flight away give him a break.

But he's saying they are going to issue evacuation orders 72 hours before landfall so they have scant hours to decide what they are going to do.

Cyan

Banned
ronito said:
I like SD but he's been out of control lately. Don't come out and say "No one will challenge me!" Then not post for like 3 pages when the next set of posts are accepting your challenge and then come back and say you didn't call people names (which you did) and that you were just stating your position and people couldn't handle it.
Yeah, that was getting ridiculous. I know it's not easy to post in a thread where almost every other poster disagrees with you... but still. No need to beat up on the 16-year-old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom