• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

I kind of like the timing of SD getting the smackdown right as Obama becomes the first black nominee of a major party in US history.

Yes we can, kids. Yes. We. Can.

Odrion

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
PUMA has got to be slitting their throats right now.
Did you see that Daily Show skit about them? It was glorious.
GhaleonEB said:
I kind of like the timing of SD getting the smackdown right as Obama becomes the first black nominee of a major party in US history.
The dude was worthless in every way and the best thing to do now is to forget about him like the empty void of a troll he was.

woeds

CNN is trying to push teh narrative once more

Examining body language: What did Clinton's say?
(CNN) — What did Hillary Clinton's body language give away at the Democratic National Convention?

Dan Hill, a body language expert and author of "Face Time," told CNN that even while the words Clinton delivered offered an unequivocal endorsement of Barack Obama, her body language was much less affirmative.

"When she spoke about Obama, she really did not emote very much," Hill said. "The only thing she showed was a very weak smile, the cheeks didn't tend to lift very much, it was really almost what I would call a 'crocodile smile' where even the slight corners of the lips sometimes raise into a little bit of a smirk."

"I don't think that helped move the 30 percent of her supporters who say they won't vote for Obama," Hill added. "What she did do was appeal to voters at large, that she did more emotionally."

Unf*ckingbelievable

maynerd

Banned
woeds said:

Unf*ckingbelievable

So where were the body language experts during the 8 years of GWB smirking while talking about serious shit? WTF?

Zeliard

woeds said:

Unf*ckingbelievable

It's hilarious when they bring out these "body language experts" and lip readers and such. It smacks of desperation, as some transparent attempt to fill the time with bullshit. Occasionally, even the pundits realize how embarrassing it is and introduce the segment with sheepish looks on their faces, which is always good for a laugh.

Amir0x

Banned
Did Pat not get the memo that the reason why California passed was because a large portion of their delegation had to go back to their state legislature to vote and the replacement delegates had to have their votes tallied?

Karma Kramer said:
Wait President Bush is speaking monday night at the GOP convention?!

:lol :lol :lol
A little LTTP are we?

Giuliani will be speaking there too lol

We gotta play a drinking game and take a swig every time he says 9/11.

So many lulz will be had at the RNC this year, it will be EPIC.

Odrion said:
Labor Day too! Hahahahahah.

Oh jeez... so many people will be watching. Just the image of him at the convention is death.

I can't believe they are letting him speak... what is he going to talk about?

Oh right.. terrist... hehe

Hootie

You'd think the Republicans would be smart enough to make sure Bush never comes even CLOSE to anything related to their 08 campaign. :lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
siamesedreamer said:
Like I said, I fear for my country...

How about you go hide behind your couch now?

I know you're still reading, banned or not.

You said "extent" when you meant to say "extend" one being a limit, the other an action. Posting the definition actually makes you look geometrically stupider. One less illiterate racist in the thread is a tart bonus, however, so I will count my blessings.

Morning Joe is on... uh oh

He must have been handled by the higher ups cause he's pretty positive... though I don't see how you could be negative right now.

Odrion

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Oh jeez... so many people will be watching. Just the image of him at the convention is death.

I can't believe they are letting him speak... what is he going to talk about?

Oh right.. terrist... hehe
I really hope the Republicans have the disaster of a convention that the Democrats in 2004 had.

woeds said:

Unf*ckingbelievable

If he were dead, I'd say Ted Turner is rolling in his grave.

Jeez, it has been so sad watching CNN sink lower and lower over the years attempting to mimic the success Faux News. And I'm disgusted at the American television news viewers who have decided that they would rather hear what they want to hear than hear real news.

Odrion said:
I really hope the Republicans have the disaster of a convention that the Democrats in 2004 had.
You are the one that may have spotted a big problem the RNC may have.

gustav2.jpg

Odrion said:

I wouldn't expect it just cause Republicans imo are far better at campaigning... they know how to manipulate the American people... to a T.

But with this news of Bush speaking... idk... they could really fuck up... especially if Obama's speech is as amazing as I think it will be. Its going to be hard to top it.

Also this hurricane doesn't help... especially if it reminds the world of the shitty job Bush did with Katrina...

Can u imagine if he speaks on Monday while the hurricane is yet again ripping apart New Orleans.

Truly terrible timing for the GOP if this happens. And I obviously don't want any harm made to anyone... but if it did...
worst convention ever

APF

Nothing wrong with trying to analyze body language. For example, if you're posting that article with veins popping out on your head you're trying too hard and may need to relax. See? Body language.

Karma Kramer said:
Wait President Bush is speaking monday night at the GOP convention?!

:lol :lol :lol

The GOP may luck out and pull him from the schedule so he can twiddle his thumbs as New Orleans floods (again).

Mark my words, the Republicans will try to "own" the hurricane as a tragedy and use it to pull on the American public's heart strings. I for one hope it blows up in their faces.

Also: "I suppose the liberuls are gonna blame the hurricane on Bush again, hurr hurr..."

reilo said:
You called Dax01 a weak pussy. You then also berated him for being 16 years old multiple times. Quit goddamn lying.
It's just Dax if you don't mind (when I was signing up, Dax was already taken).

And hour and a half until Bill speaks... can't wait.

Door2Dawn said:
Oh my god,Katrina's asshole brother is coming.
Gustav and Katrina . . . I think Prescott Bush's work in helping finance the Nazis is coming back to haunt his family in the form of German-named Nazi Hurricanes. :lol

From NBC/NJ's Matthew E. Berger
The McCain campaign reportedly plans to roll out its vice presidential choice throughout the weekend with rallies at sports arenas in Ohio on Friday, Pennsylvania on Saturday, and Missouri on Sunday.

If the plans are to be believed, it may very well rule out the potential for Sen. Joe Lieberman to be McCain's running mate. Lieberman, a religious Jew, does not campaign on Saturdays and most likely would not drive in the bus that is transporting McCain and his new VP. Lieberman was known to even skip his official Senate nomination at the Connecticut Democratic convention because it was held on a Saturday, and he adhered to the Sabbath while running with Al Gore in 2000 as well. He does vote when the Senate is in session on Saturdays, but walks to the Capitol.

Certainly, Lieberman could skip the Saturday event and rejoin McCain on Sunday outside of St. Louis. But it would be an awkward way to roll out an already controversial running mate.

64fa56

PhoenixDark said:
I always viewed that character John Goodman played as a metaphor for the GOP. He means well and always takes the tough guy approach on everything but he often just makes matters worse. And when he lashes out, he often harms the wrong party. His heart is in the right place . . . but his methods often make problems worse.

Thank goodness that this shit is finally official. I want the Dems to hit McCain/GOP hard on the issues and to start clearing up the FUD and bullshit that comes from that corner. I'm also pretty impressed that Clinton made the move she did, but then again, she does intend to be politically relevant and this is the only way she's going to have any real power going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom