• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
polyh3dron said:
talk your shit about melissa ethridge, but damn she's got a powerful voice.
She's the power ballad queen. Sort of a female version of Bruce Springsteen.

But hey . . . the GOP has Styx playing their convention. :lol Not only bad music, but do the the GOP delegates realize that Styx is the river in hell across which the souls of the dead are ferried? :lol

speculawyer said:
You are the one that may have spotted a big problem the RNC may have.

gustav2.jpg
Looks like Nature is giving Bush a chance to redeem himself!:lol

speculawyer said:
I always viewed that character John Goodman played as a metaphor for the GOP. He means well and always takes the tough guy approach on everything but he often just makes matters worse. And when he lashes out, he often harms the wrong party. His heart is in the right place . . . but his methods often make problems worse.
The main difference of course, being that Goodman's character's heart is in the right place.

So it's down to Mittens, Tom Ridge or Giuliani, with Powell being a dark horse (unlikely though, he was rumored to support Obama, WTF)

:lol

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah right, he wasn't going to leave his golf game for Katrina, Katrina's little brother won't get him out of delivering his swan song.

laserbeam

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
McCain would love that

Oh for sure. It provides an opportunity to push Bush and Cheney out of the convention totally even if the storm duds. They just need to be smart enough to throw bush under the bus

Tamanon

Banned
Thanks Harold Ford, make sure and point out how incredibly tough John McCain is.:lol

And Drudge is saying that McCain has made his decision. Time to see how happy Mittens is.

Insertia

L-O-L

Anyone listening to Bill O' Reilly talking about Daily Kos having an agenda and being the worst site in the world?

He works for FUCKING FOX NEWS.

Bayhhhhh

ratings
The Nielsen ratings for the first two days of the Democratic National Convention are out and they show a couple of interesting things:

* Hillary Clinton's speech (26.0 million viewers) had higher ratings than Michelle Obama's speech (22.3 million viewers).
* African Americans continue to watch the convention in a higher proportion than the rest of the population
* Almost five times as many people (26 million) watched Day Two coverage in 2008 vs. Day Two in 2004 (5.9 million) when only the cable networks covered the convention.

Edit: Breaking News (Drudge): MCCAIN HAS DECIDED ON HIS RUNNING MATE... DEVELOPING...

Insertia said:
L-O-L

Anyone listening to Bill O' Reilly talking about Daily Kos having an agenda and being the worst site in the world?

He works for FUCKING FOX NEWS.
an AGENDA?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also: Evan Bayh is speaking now, thank GOD Barack didn't pick him.

laserbeam

Banned
Shepard Smith is getting ready to take over the fox news online stream so its gonna get fun again. Cant wait for mystery science theater Clinton/Biden speeches lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Insertia said:

That's all?

He's said worse about them. Said they were worse than Nazis and Klansmen.

laserbeam

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Yeah, I might put Fox on tonight for lulz.

bububububut PBS is in glorious HD tho :(
Fox is offering at least 480p. It is at least twice as large as cnn and msnbcs online streams.

Hootie said:
I'm so confused. Sometimes Chelsea Clinton can look REALLY nice, but other times she looks hideous.

Halp GAF

Chelsea cleans up with make up well.

Serious question... what channel should I be watching tonight? I am watching CNN right now cause the HD is absolutely awesome... but I am missing somewhat MSNBC's commentators.

Everyone here seems to like PBS a lot... but IDK... yes I respect their objectivity but... I don't want to fall asleep either lol

Actually I am on Satellite (Direct TV) do I even get PBS?

Last two nights I was watching on Comcast..

Tamanon

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Serious question... what channel should I be watching tonight? I am watching CNN right now cause the HD is absolutely awesome... but I am missing somewhat MSNBC's commentators.

Everyone here seems to like PBS a lot... but IDK... yes I respect their objectivity but... I don't want to fall asleep either lol

I'm watching Jack Reed speak right now on C-Span.

And apparently, according to HuffPo, they've got excerpts from John Kerry's speech, he REALLY lays into McCain.

Krowley

Hootie said:
I'm so confused. Sometimes Chelsea Clinton can look REALLY nice, but other times she looks hideous.

Halp GAF

I think she's a hottie.

Also, she's pretty charismatic, and could probably successfully run for something eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom