• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggie

NINEELEVENWASANINSIDEJOB
NINEELEVENWASANINSIDEJOB
NINEELEVENWASANINSIDEJOB
NINEELEVENWASANINSIDEJOB
NINEELEVENWASANINSIDEJOB

Zeliard

Can someone explain to me why Lieberman is even on the short list? How can he really help McCain gain votes? I don't see either side taking very kindly to the pick - Democrats hate Lieberman at this point for obvious reasons, and McCain already has enough issues with his base, issues that Lieberman will only exacerbate if anything. Can Lieberman really help him that much with independents, or what else is the reasoning behind that possible choice? I'm asking because I truly don't know, and I assume there must be something I'm missing.

Hey guys, you know how we can make everybody open their eyes and see the truth that 9/11 was a conspiracy? Shout at a cable news show and sound crazy! It can't fail!

Unless those crazies are actually just plants by the government to discredit the truthers!

adg1034

Zeliard said:
Can someone explain to me why Lieberman is even on the short list? How can he really help McCain gain votes? I don't see either side taking very kindly to the pick - Democrats hate Lieberman at this point for obvious reasons, and McCain already has enough issues with his base, issues that Lieberman will only exacerbate if anything. Can Lieberman really help him that much with independents, or what else is the reasoning behind that possible choice? I'm asking because I truly don't know, and I assume there must be something I'm missing.

Oh, John McCain picked Joe Lieberman, who was Al Gore's running mate in 2000? Joe Lieberman was a Democrat, even if he isn't now, so that proves McCain really is willing to reach across party lines and not always make the easy choices.

McCain, you're such a maverick!

Krowley

Zeliard said:

It's less about lieberman, and more about picking a fight with the republican party and how that will reflect on mccain. It's a move to restore his maverick image.

edit: also...

jennifer-hudson.jpg

Extremely sexy IMO.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Krowley said:
It's less about lieberman, and more about picking a fight with the republican party and how that will reflect on mccain. It's a move to restore his maverick image.

Hopefully it's a a fight he'll lose.

Amir0x said:
she is so gorgeous. Real women have curves, bitches.

Also, saw that McCain ad congratulating Obama. That is really sweet, i wish McCain was always back to that way.
Yes, like Melyssa Ford who IS thick.

When they say curves they don't mean stomach curves they mean hips.

EDIT: wait I just saw the new pic.. OK now that she's lost some weight she actually is hot, unless that is some photographic trickery.

Man that 9/11 truther moron with the bullhorn is really shitting all over MSNBC's coverage. To be fair the anchors are doing a great job of ignoring him, but it's making it almost impossible to watch.

Amir0x

Banned
I wonder if McCain will just go on and pick Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty AND Joe Lieberman and just have them fight it out for the spot.

polyh3dron said:
Please be Mittens.

"7 houses/7 wives '08" has a nice ring to it.

Also please don't assume all Democrats despise Lieberman. That's pretty false-I'm as partisan as you can possibly get and I still like Lieberman for his longstanding leadership on environmental issues, which is a big concern of mine. I'm not going to cross party lines to vote for him, but at the same time I don't consider him an agent of evil like I do for most Republican politicians.

Xeke said:
I'm actually enjoying the current CNN coverage.

I am too but that fat bitch reporter talking is really getting on damn nerves. I dunno why but she really makes me mad...maybe it's because she was a staunch Hillary supporter.

Xeke said:
I'm actually enjoying the current CNN coverage.

Yeah CNN has the best coverage (for me) for the Convention... aside from Larry King's show afterwards.

MSNBC is just too un-organized... and I don't like all of the commotion.

Krowley said:

edit: also...

jennifer-hudson.jpg

Extremely sexy IMO.

I would certainly insert my penis.

Fragamemnon said:
"7 houses/7 wives '08" has a nice ring to it.

Also please don't assume all Democrats despise Lieberman. That's pretty false-I'm as partisan as you can possibly get and I still like Lieberman for his longstanding leadership on environmental issues, which is a big concern of mine. I'm not going to cross party lines to vote for him, but at the same time I don't consider him an agent of evil like I do for most Republican politicians.
If anything, they'll simply despise him because he's a slimy turncoat.

adg1034

syllogism said:

Good shit.

Obama tonight said:
We are the party of Roosevelt. We are the party of Kennedy. So don’t tell me that Democrats won’t defend this country. Don’t tell me that Democrats won’t keep us safe. The Bush-McCain foreign policy has squandered the legacy that generations of Americans — Democrats and Republicans – have built, and we are to restore that legacy.

But the record’s clear: John McCain has voted with George Bush ninety percent of the time. Senator McCain likes to talk about judgment, but really, what does it say about your judgment when you think George Bush was right more than ninety percent of the time? I don’t know about you, but I’m not ready to take a ten percent chance on change.

syllogism said:

obamaton said:
We are the party of Roosevelt. We are the party of Kennedy. So don’t tell me that Democrats won’t defend this country. Don’t tell me that Democrats won’t keep us safe. The Bush-McCain foreign policy has squandered the legacy that generations of Americans — Democrats and Republicans – have built, and we are to restore that legacy.

Can't WAIT for this part.

EDIT: lol adg

Amir0x said:
fuck so goddamn hot
Her bitchy attitude takes her down a couple notches on the hot meter unlike some chicks who are ok looking like Rachel Maddow but their personality and demeanor raises their hot factor.

Krowley

gkrykewy said:
lol, per drudge:

It's THE BACHELOR: MCSAME VEEP EDITION

According to Fox, even Huckabee is going to be there. I think i heard he was vetted but I thought he was out of the running. He would be a very good pick I think.

Amir0x

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Her bitchy attitude takes her down a couple notches on the hot meter unlike some chicks who are ok looking like Rachel Maddow but their personality and demeanor raises their hot factor.

Rachel Maddow?

RACHEL MADDOW?

Typical internet forum-goer, takes the path of least resistance. Can't handle real women who could dominate the shit out of you.

I think I just won this debate on objective hotness, goddamn

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Amir0x said:
Rachel Maddow?

RACHEL MADDOW?

Typical internet forum-goer, takes the path of least resistance. Can't handle real women who could dominate the shit out of you.

Yeah, you did. But Rachel's still hot though.

gkryhewy

Krowley said:
According to Fox, even Huckabee is going to be there. I think i heard he was vetted but I thought he was out of the running. He would be a very good pick I think.

Grimace will also be there, thanks to a generous contribution from the McDonald's corporation. I think he's only got 2 ping pong balls in the veep draft lottery, but that's still a chance!

Amir0x said:
I'm sure whatever oink oink piggy you love would probably melt in the glory of Jennifer Hudson! SHE IS HOLY

right.. she dreams about looking like this..
4v63r8.jpg

she's FAAAT!

On topic, and umm having her sing the national anthem was an embarrasment because of that!
JK

Xisiqomelir

Amir0x said:
Rachel Maddow?

RACHEL MADDOW?

Uh, reading that I only get that he's using Rachel as an example of a non-bitchy attitude improving a girl's score, not that he's making a Rachel/Jennifer comparison.

laserbeam

Banned
Fox News has some decently hot chicks that do the Website :eek: They have a live feed cam focused on them lol.

Im sure they hate having a microphone broadcast everything they say as well as they have been caught saying crazy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom