• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Krowley said:
jennifer-hudson.jpg

Extremely sexy IMO.

gaia.gif

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Obama's spamming me with text messages? Hey guy, I signed up for your vp pick, which you butchered and had leaked, that was IT!! :lol

Not that I wouldn't volunteer (for some Obama gear), but where I live, it'd be useless.

VanMardigan said:
Obama's spamming me with text messages? Hey guy, I signed up for your vp pick, which you butchered and had leaked, that was IT!! :lol

Not that I wouldn't volunteer (for some Obama gear), but where I live, it'd be useless.

It's so useless in New Jersey that I don't even get any text messages from Obama. :D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Imm0rt4l said:
lol

I hope mccain isn't hoping th guys is devliering minnesota to him, cuz that's not happening.
Yep. Pawlenty has as much chance of carrying Minnesota as Edwards did carrying NC.

I got a question thats probably ignorant and naive but whatever:

Obama is half-white and half-black. So that makes him an african american or black person.

But if he was say 60% white and 40% black... would he still be an african american?

I think the majority of America is under the impression that Obama is 100% african american, because he is referred to as an african american... when really he is both white and black.

Right?

Or I am just living up to my tag yet again and being retarded?

edit: MLK's son is really well spoken on CNN right now. He's really delivering a great message. I actually had no idea MLK had a son until today.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ask the racists. They use the 1 drop rule (even though I'm sure they have some non-white blood in them as well).

Karma Kramer said:

Obama is half-white and half-black. So that makes him an african american or black person.

But if he was say 60% white and 40% black... would he still be an african american?

I think the majority of America is under the impression that Obama is 100% african american, because he is referred to as an african american... when really he is both white and black.

Right?

you're being retarded. whether or not one is considered "african american" in the states is more about culture, and how society perceives you than anything else. genetics be damned.

No one in their right mind who saw barack obama on the street would treat him as anything else than how they would treat any other black guy, period. He's not going to get any kind of exception from racist jackasses because of who half of his family is.

And from a pure genetic standpoint, 99% of all "african americans" are of mixed genetic ancestry from shall we say "less than honorable" origins. Barack's father being pure african and his mother being caucasian doesn't really make him that different than anyone else here.

Manmademan said:
you're being retarded. whether or not one is considered "african american" in the states is more about culture, and how society perceives you than anything else. genetics be damned.

No one in their right mind who saw barack obama on the street would treat him as anything else than how they would treat any other black guy, period. He's not going to get any kind of exception from racist jackasses because of who half of his family is.

And from a pure genetic standpoint, 99% of all "african americans" are of mixed genetic ancestry from shall we say "less than honorable" origins. Barack's father being pure african and his mother being caucasian doesn't really make him that different than anyone else here.

Yeah, alright point taken. Thanks for clearly that up. I was over-thinking it.

Imm0rt4l

Karma Kramer said:

Right?

one drop rule

It's all about appearences. You won't hear anyone call mariah carey or wentworth, or vin diesel black, but they aren't white either. If Obama were alive in the 60's he'd be treated just like any black man. Really, it's a difficult question to answer. Barack Obama is half white, but he's probably darker than some ppl like say a will smith, who for all intents and purposes fully black(cast aside that there aren't many ppl that are really 100% black). It's all about appearances man.

Zeliard

Karma Kramer said:

Right?

Or I am just living up to my tag yet again and being retarded?.

"If I'm outside your building trying to catch a cab, they're not saying, 'Oh, there's a mixed race guy.'"

- Barack Obama

Hootie

Matthews :lol

laserbeam said:
That would cause half of Gaf to die from liver poisoning :lol

Don't forget to drink everytime he says, "This is our moment." or "At this defining moment.", too.

deadbeef said:
What time is the speech? I want to DVR it. This musical entertainment is.... well, I turned off the TV.

Ten estimated... btw Hudson looks 15* better than Maddow or w/e her name is. Hudson chubby cute WOMAN, Maddow - skinny lil guy.

Lets be honest here.

Byakuya769 said:
Ten estimated... btw Hudson looks 15* better than Maddow or w/e her name is. Hudson chubby cute WOMAN, Maddow - skinny lil guy.

Lets be honest here.
I was just making an example of someone whose personality makes them hotter than they actually are.

eznark

Banned
DancingJesus said:
I think we should play a drinking game. Every time someone mentions the words Change or Hope, take a shot.

I hope I can change the channel and find something entertaining on TV tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom