• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DancingJesus said:
That's pretty sad you only recognize it from the Super Bad trailer..

LOLZ @ Wolf not dancing.
Any time I usually hear that song I start hearing it mid-way. My mind associates the beginning of the song with the Superbad trailer since I saw that trailer so many fucking times.

MaddenNFL64

Why is Fox News screwing up their convrntion coverage? They're not showing shit. They have an agenda obviously, but not showing anything, except Brit Hume talking bullshit is pretty weak. Thought ratings came first for this channel.

DancingJesus said:
I think we should play a drinking game. Every time someone mentions the words Change or Hope, take a shot.
shit I can't handle that much :D
but in November for election night after I cast my vote I'm getting fucked up

Mike M

Nick N
DancingJesus said:
I think we should play a drinking game. Every time someone mentions the words Change or Hope, take a shot.

I wouldn't do me any good to show up to a surgery suite hung over.

MaddenNFL64 said:
Why is Fox News screwing up their convrntion coverage? They're not showing shit. They have an agenda obviously, but not showing anything, except Brit Hume talking bullshit is pretty weak. Thought ratings came first for this channel.

Yea because Sheryl Crow's performance is so important. I guarantee it will be commercial-free during Obama's speech. I'm not a Fox supporter but it's just common sense.

Also considering, Sheryl Crow's main hook involves the words "Change". I'm fucked.

party.gif

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
maximum360 said:
Backwards headed Barack kinda kills the whole thing. Flawless if that can be fixed, though

Amir0x

Banned
RubxQub said:
Backwards headed Barack kinda kills the whole thing. Flawless if that can be fixed, though

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-...ages/d9fec8c5-90b3-4489-9c20-b1ed250c129e.jpg

this Obama head might work

Gary Whitta said:
Man I look at all this jubilation and just wonder what these people are going to do if McCain wins...

The same things Democrats always do when they lose. Go back to whining that the other party is doing everything wrong, and then become cagey pussies when the time comes to fight.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Gary Whitta said:
Man I look at all this jubilation and just wonder what these people are going to do if McCain wins...

Move to Canada.

For real this time.

MaddenNFL64

Well, obviously the entertainment part is ok to skip, but they skipped the MLK stuff too. I dunno, I just like seeing whats going on :/. Maybe thats why I should stick to CSPAN for this instead of channel surfing :lol.

minus_273 said:
i like how mccain says something nice and that is your response. classy.

Uh I was replying to what someone said about Obama doing the same for McCain next week, and what that might (humorously) sound like. But go ahead, overreact, that's cool too.

Can't wait for Obama's ad next week in which he congratulates McCain on the historic feat of a rich old white dude securing the Republican nomination.

Gary Whitta said:
Can't wait for Obama's ad next week in which he congratulates McCain on the historic feat of a rich old white dude securing the Republican nomination.

Don't make that joke, people apparently get touchy about it.

His speech is around 10:30pm ET, like all week.

mj1108

MSNBC just said GOP has been trying to give out tickets to the nomination next week as they try to fill 10,000 seats. :lol

mj1108 said:
MSNBC just said GOP has been trying to give out tickets to the nomination next week as they try to fill 10,000 seats. :lol

Yeah I don't know if Matthews was mocking McCain about the "we gave him his largest crowd ever at the college event, MSNBC wants to level the playing field." Olbermann was just biting his tongue.

how many people in the stadium?

no TV

I turned on the radio and found a station covering it...

damn missing history again without a TV

Is the Gov of Virginia right now? I just want to know if this radio is live

ZealousD

mj1108 said:

:lol :lol :lol

Obama could hit that number within minutes. They could even charge $100 a ticket!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
ZealousD said:
:lol :lol :lol

Obama could hit that number within minutes. They could even charge $100 a ticket!

Actually I had heard he "charged" 6 hours of volunteer work for the campaign

ZealousD

Smiles and Cries said:
damn missing history again without a TV

Is the Gov of Virginia right now? I just want to know if this radio is live

Yeah it's Tim Kaine.

mj1108 said:
I was in Minnesota a couple months ago. The radio kept blaring ads about them needing more volunteers to help work the GOP convention. I think the combination of Minnesota being a blue-state and GOPers often not exactly being the volunteer-type, was making them desperate for help. :lol

It's probably been mentioned here but even though Pawlenty is the safest pick for McCain (and he's crazy not to take him) it really undercuts their whole "no experience lolz" attack line, because they'd be putting a green governor a heartbeat away from running the free world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom