• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
worldrunover said:
It's probably been mentioned here but even though Pawlenty is the safest pick for McCain (and he's crazy not to take him) it really undercuts their whole "no experience lolz" attack line, because they'd be putting a green governor a heartbeat away from running the free world.
Please let McCain's campaign think the same way as this.

McCain/Mittens 08

FUCK YEAH

tanod

when is my burrito
Are they intentionally putting bad speakers on tonight before Barack Obama?

Me gusta quezo y bicicletas!

RubxQub

PAY FOR HIS FLIP FLOPS!

PWNED!

tanod

when is my burrito
Just caught the end of Kaine's speech. Biden was a GREAT choice.

Richardson is much better already than Kaine was.

Flipflops lol

Imm0rt4l

"john mccain may pay hundreds of dollars for his shoes but we are the ones who will be paying for his flip flops"
-bill richardson

mccain got son'd

Formless said:
I wish this was more policy presentation/justification and less "YEAH GOBAMA GOOO!", but I guess that's its purpose.

Yeah things get pretty repetitive... they got to drive home the message.

Thankfully its not based around "terror" like the GOP 2004 convention.

RubxQub

LIKE PAKISTAN AND AFGHANISTAN!

Crowd: Yay!

LIKE IN RUSSIA!

Crowd: ...oh shi-

JayDubya

Banned
Well, Bill Richardson was rooting for Ron Paul pretty good there until he started talking about a right that isn't actually in there.

Obama'll probably do a fair sight better than Bush, but I wouldn't delude myself into thinking he'd defend the Constitution worth a damn when it gets in the way of so much shit he wants to do.

Okay I've had to switch to PBS coverage. I don't understand MSNBC and the other networks who think we'd rather listen to their talking heads than the people who are actually on stage.

JayDubya said:
Well, Bill Richardson was rooting for Ron Paul pretty good there until he started talking about a right that isn't actually in there.
Did he talk about eliminating Income Tax or disbanding the Federal Reserve?

Didn't think so.

Obama was a fucking Constitutional Law professor. What part of his platform goes against the constitution?

JayDubya

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Did he talk about eliminating Income Tax or disbanding the Federal Reserve?

Didn't think so.

No, he talked about electing someone that would actually respect the Constitution.

He couldn't be seriously talking about McCain or Obama, so that leaves few options. :lol

Gary Whitta said:
Okay I've had to switch to PBS coverage. I don't understand MSNBC and the other networks who think we'd rather listen to their talking heads than the people who are actually on stage.

They have to explain to the viewers in elementary terms what they are actually saying. Alabama doesnt get it. :lol

JayDubya said:
No, he talked about electing someone that would actually respect the Constitution.

He couldn't be seriously talking about McCain or Obama, so that leaves few options. :lol
That's quite the charge you make there.

How would Obama not respect the Constitution?

Specifics plz

RubxQub

polyh3dron said:

Specifics plz

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

can-of-worms-1.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
speculawyer said:
I was in Minnesota a couple months ago. The radio kept blaring ads about them needing more volunteers to help work the GOP convention. I think the combination of Minnesota being a blue-state and GOPers often not exactly being the volunteer-type, was making them desperate for help. :lol

No that 10,000 number was talking about Florida. They can't get 10,000 people to see the VP for the first time in FLORIDA!!!

mj1108

STREAMS!

For those not in front of the TV, CNN has 4 streams up covering this. Take any of the URL's below and put them into Windows Media Player so you can enjoy it without CNN's bullshit player:

Standard Coverage:
mms://a466.l3760651364.c37606.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/466/37606/v0001/reflector:51364

Standard Coverage (another camera angle)
mms://a1606.l3760651055.c37606.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1606/37606/v0001/reflector:51055

Video but no audio:
mms://a238.l3760650520.c37606.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/238/37606/v0001/reflector:50520

Video (different angle) but no audio:
mms://a94.l3760650661.c37606.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/94/37606/v0001/reflector:50661

JayDubya

Banned
polyh3dron said:

Specifics plz

Given this & this, I fail to see how he could possibly reconcile a lot of that with this.

Of course, it's always a toss up of fail between Republocrats as to which parts of the Bill of Rights they like.

ronito

polyh3dron said:

Specifics plz
Don't try. JayDub wont be happy until we're back to 13 colony/states with a standing militia. without amendments 8, 14, 24 and 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom