• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
gall.line0828.ap.jpg

DENVER (CNN) — There actually appear to be a couple of lines leading in different directiions to Invesco field. The line we walked has to be a couple miles long up to the point we are now. Some police officers told us it is six miles long, but it snakes and undulates, making it quite difficult to judge.

It moves rapidly across the Auraria Blvd overpass then slows down once you get to the other side, just a continuous stream of people walking across a bridge on the boulevard near here. From the way they are dressed really a collection of every type of person, from working class people in blue collar uniforms to men in suits and women in high heels.

It’s warm out, and people who aren't in the greatest shape are naturally huffing and puffing a bit. I taked to one guy who said this is a little like getting to the Super Bowl — which seems about right. That’s another national special security event, like the convention.

The line was 6 miles long!!!! WOW!!!

Tamanon

Banned
DancingJesus said:
I was flipping through the channels and I heard some mention of a "NBC Controversy". Anyone know anything about it?

Olbermann, Matthews, Scarborough and Schuster have been sniping at each other. There's a reason they don't work together so much regularly!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Damn, Stevie doing Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

Pretty damn cool

RubxQub

ratcliffja said:
Rachel dancing with Pat is GIF-worthy, says I.
Oh shit! I will need this gif/video STAT

ronito

JayDubya said:
No, you didn't. Where's 16 and 17? 18's already gone, thankfully.
lol. Fact is I didn't list you being opposed to those because I figured I might've been being unfair. Overly harsh. (except 18 of course):lol

JayDubya

Banned
ronito said:
lol. Fact is I didn't list you being opposed to those because I figured I might've been being unfair. Overly harsh. :lol

Yeah, 18 was a bang-up job by the progressives. Al Capone sure loved it.

aceface

JayDubya said:
Given this & this, I fail to see how he could possibly reconcile a lot of that with this.

Of course, it's always a toss up of fail between Republocrats as to which parts of the Bill of Rights they like.

Next time you are asked for specifics it might help to do more than link the candidate's home page.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
All carried live coverage that included Biden's speech, a combined total of just over 24 million viewers tuned in, Nielsen said.
The same eight networks generated 25.9 million viewers on the second night of the convention, and 22.3 million on Monday night.
On night-three of the 2004 convention, about 18 million viewers watched the proceedings.

CNN led the cable networks in total viewers during the 10-11 p.m. hour, with 5.38 million viewers.

Among viewers 25-54 -- the news audience most coveted by advertisers - only CNN's audience advanced compared with night two, rising 21% to 2.32 million viewers. MSNBC's ratings in the demographic slowed to growth of just over 3% to an average of 1.024 million viewers, while Fox News' ratings plunged 28% to an average of 689,000.
Compared with the third night of the 2004 convention, CNN's primetime audience from 8-11 p.m. climbed 223% to 1.75 million viewers.

Among the broadcast networks, NBC led in viewers for the third straight night from 10-11:03 p.m., though its total audience declined 9% from Tuesday night. NBC's viewers topped 5.4 million, beating second-place CBS by 55%. NBC also again led broadcasters in viewers 25-54.

Compared with night three of the 2004 convention, NBC's audience in the 25-54 demographic rose 33%. End of Story
David B. Wilkerson is a reporter for MarketWatch in Chicago.

Link

Big ratings baby!!! 24 million viewers last night.

RubxQub

RECYCLING JAB OFF THE CUFF!

Gore fucking haymaker'd bitches with that one :lol

Chiggs

Gold Member
Knowing what we know now, I'd have much rather had Gore in office than Bush...but does he need to keep reminding us how much better, at least theoretically, things would have been?

Amir0x

Banned
Chiggs said:
Knowing what we know now, I'd have much rather had Gore in office than Bush...but does he need to keep reminding us how much better, at least theoretically, things would have been?

dude probably wakes up every morning beating himself up. a few hundred votes from a permanent place in history, preeeetty irritating for him i bet

Amir0x said:
Gore is still all "you fucking idiots, we almost had it. If I was president shit would be great right now douchebags!"

Exactly, I'm not liking this speech so far.. he's coming off as Democrats of 2000 rather than 2008.

He really should have the words Douche bag tattooed to his forehead.

Chiggs said:
Knowing what we know now, I'd have much rather had Gore in office than Bush...

Mostly true, but had anything happened to Gore and Lieberman been sworn in in his place, the country would probably be knee deep in Middle Eastern wars.

RubxQub

JIN FROM LOST OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE ON PBS!

He doesn't understand a fucking word he's hearing, but he loves himself some Barack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom