• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

RubxQub

JayDubya said:
So... Obama will suspend habeas corpus, arrest political critics, and wildly expand executive power? :lol

Woo!
AND avoid theatres at all fucking costs.

Check, check, check and CHECK

JayDubya said:
Given this & this, I fail to see how he could possibly reconcile a lot of that with this.

Of course, it's always a toss up of fail between Republocrats as to which parts of the Bill of Rights they like.

Basically you couldn't answer his question, huh?

RubxQub

Chiggs

Gold Member
Amir0x said:
Man that speech was really weak

I think anyone that goes out there and tries to upstage the main event will probably be on the outside looking in for the next 4-8 years.

Haunted

A solid speech, but it did nothing for the crowd.

It's half rhetoric and half showmanship/charisma with political speeches, and Gore only has the former.

If only audiences would react to content as much as they do to inspiration/charisma.

edit: no wait, scratch that, there's one coming up later who has both.

edit²: and thinking about that, McCain has neither. Now that's weak.

I think the setting fails from being less intimate...it's like the difference between a studio album and a poor live recording that's just lacking some oompf.

Chiggs

Gold Member
What does this speech mean for the Denver Broncos? We won two Superbowls with a Democrat in office; will Obama help us with the 3rd?

Diablos

I agree that Gore traditionally isn't very charismatic, but this speech was pretty powerful based on what he typically does.

Amir0x

Banned
Chiggs said:
I think anyone that goes out there and tries to upstage the main event will probably be on the outside looking in for the next 4-8 years.

i dont think Gore COULD upstage Obama by nature of being Al Gore, but he can be a passionate fighter for his cause when prompted. Here it was petulant whining about the lack of an Al Gore presidency coupled with feeble hero worship and barely on-message pandering to voter segments. It wasn't inspiring or rhetorically grand, it wasn't meaty OR interesting... it just existed.

Bulla564

Banned
Man you guys are thick...

The man is a GENIUS and a STATESMAN. I guess his words were too deep for some of you.

Today I'm proud of my fellow Rationals (ENTJs) Al Gore, Lincoln, and Obama.

JayDubya

Banned
Byakuya769 said:
Basically you couldn't answer his question, huh?

It answers it pretty succinctly, actually. The 10th Amendment is clear. The overwhelming majority of the policies Obama supports are not Constitutionally within the limits of power granted to the federal government.

I'll wait right here while you find the part that applies to universal healthcare, for just one example.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
JayDubya said:
Given this & this, I fail to see how he could possibly reconcile a lot of that with this.

Of course, it's always a toss up of fail between Republocrats as to which parts of the Bill of Rights they like.

JayDubya said:
No, you didn't. Where's 16 and 17? 18's already gone, thankfully.

Presumably your interpretation of the constitution is the correct one. Plz post all your edits of this faulty, shitty document for us.

Edit: NO wait, Michael McDonald is coming on.

Edit 2: Holy shit it's like Mad TV's Randy Newman skit.

aceface

JayDubya said:
So... Obama will suspend habeas corpus, arrest political critics, and wildly expand executive power? :lol

Woo!

We get it, you're a libertarian. Leave 90% of us that have decided that Libertarianism is bullshit alone so we can get on with our lives.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
mamacint said:
I think the setting fails from being less intimate...it's like the difference between a studio album and a poor live recording that's just lacking some oompf.

That's the amazing thing about tonight. It's history and it needs to be shown big.

lopaz

Banned
JayDubya said:
It answers it pretty succinctly, actually. The 10th Amendment is clear. The overwhelming majority of the policies Obama supports are not Constitutionally within the limits of power granted to the federal government.

I was just wondering, do you like George Bush? Cause yknow, username and all, but then... like, it's Bush

Diablos

Amir0x said:
i dont think Gore COULD upstage Obama by nature of being Al Gore, but he can be a passionate fighter for his cause when prompted. Here it was petulant whining about the lack of an Al Gore presidency coupled with feeble hero worship and barely on-message pandering to voter segments. It wasn't inspiring or rhetorically grand, it wasn't meaty OR interesting... it just existed.
He didn't seem very bitter about his loss in 2000.

Chiggs

Gold Member
mckmas8808 said:
That's the amazing thing about tonight. It's history and it needs to be shown big.

It definitely is. I almost had really, really good pressbox tickets from my company, too.

The set doesn't look as bas as I originally thought. They conveniently put American flags in front of all the columns. :lol

Btw, I'm now watching CNN exclusively for the convention coverage. MSNBC is a mess.

Door2Dawn

Banned
mugwhump said:
Hey guise wat's going on, did the convention happen already or wat

someone recap pls

JayDubya

Banned
lopaz said:
I was just wondering, do you like George Bush? Cause yknow, username and all, but then... like, it's Bush

Yes, I just love the Patriot Act, because that doesn't violate any part of the BoR at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom