• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Oh look, it's Obamessiah's cover page. Unfortunately America is more interested in the resume section of his job application.

besada

Banned
scorcho said:
hey, it's better to allow them to give their (abstract) verbal lashings to keep us on our toes than actually give them power.

Well, yeah, but that's never going to happen because most of the country rightly views them as cranks, gun nuts, dopers, and freaks. The Libertarians are the official joke party of the U.S.

This is an amazingly well written speech. It explains his positions, his approach, answers the doubts, attacks the opponent, it does everything. Amazing well thought out.

TDG

Banned
scorcho said:
hey, it's better to allow them to give their (abstract) verbal lashings to keep us on our toes than actually give them power.
Well, that's true. It's alright, people would never be silly enough to give them any power. And the will of the people prevails, just as the free market does!

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Yaweee said:
Everybody always says that. It's basically meaningless.
It's been meaningless for 8 years. Clinton actually did it and brought us out of National debt while improving the economy with the lowest unemployment rate in 40 years. It can be done when your president isn't 100% in the pockets of big business and oil conglomerates.

mj1108

laserbeam said:
Once 2 Senators from Florida and Texas Called him saying it would cost thousands of jobs in a battleground state Obama suddenly had a speech about how important NASA is to the future.

At first he was going to cut it for only 5 years for early chidhood education but reversed that awhile back, IIRC.

JayDubya

Banned
laserbeam said:
Once 2 Senators from Florida and Texas Called him saying it would cost thousands of jobs in a battleground state Obama suddenly had a speech about how important NASA is to the future.

He's not going to win any of the places that launch NASA shuttles anyway.

JayDubya said:
A McCain administration wouldn't be worrying about paying for a universal healthcare system.

Nah it would all be spent on the continued war... look we've had a 'conservative' administration for the last 8 years... it's increased the debt massively. Ever think maybe you're on the wrong side?

Hootie said:
(Luckily) he actually changed his position and now wants to help fund NASA even more.
laserbeam said:
Whoops, his bad I guess.

ZeoVGM

Banned
JayDubya said:
I'm confused, can you keep your own guns in jail? Because when you've served your time, you're not a criminal anymore.

Will you please shut up with that O'Reilly-esque bullshit?

People do get out of jail for killing someone or molesting a child.

They're not a "criminal" anymore? Don't be technical, yes, they are still a criminal.

And I do not want them having a right to guns.

All I'll say about Obama's spending:

Now, many of these plans will cost money, which is why I've laid out how I'll pay for every dime - by closing corporate loopholes and tax havens that don't help America grow. But I will also go through the federal budget, line by line, eliminating programs that no longer work and making the ones we do need work better and cost less

Those are his words from tonight. For further detail, see:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/feb/22/obamas-spending-plan/
Barack Obama has a plan. Well, he actually has lots of plans. Paying for those plans is no secret.

i found this article by googling "barack obama spending plan". take 2 seconds and look up shit before you instantly bitch and moan and ask questions when the answers are readily availible. hell, even listen to the speech he's giving and he gives a 30,000ft overview of his payment plans. once you look at the details, then you can ask questions. don't just go off and be like "OMG how can he pay for this? HAHAHA deficit like Bush? how???"

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
So he now supports McCain's energy policy, talks about respect and dignity for everyone people while putting down the President, AND says McCain was part of the problem because of old Washington while praising Teddy Kennedy? Who wrote this speech?

echoshifting said:
My favorite line of the speech so far. Got me a bit choked up I must confess. :X
I got goosebumps . . . even though it is a recycled stump speech line.

fake EDIT: oh . . . MLK . .. more goosebumps.

Chiggs

Gold Member
UltimaKilo said:
So he now supports McCain's energy policy, talks about respect and dignity for everyone people while putting down the President, AND says McCain was part of the problem of old Washington while praising Teddy Kennedy? Who wrote this speech?

:lol

JayDubya

Banned
frankthurk said:
Nah it would all be spent on the continued war... look we've had a 'conservative' administration for the last 8 years... it's increased the debt massively. Ever think maybe you're on the wrong side?

What side? McCain is the lesser of evils by my calculus but I won't be voting for him.

Tamanon

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
So he now supports McCain's energy policy, talks about respect and dignity for everyone people while putting down the President, AND says McCain was part of the problem because of old Washington while praising Teddy Kennedy? Who wrote this speech?

McCain has an energy policy?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I am really glad i decided to stay up for this speech. :D

UltimaKilo said:
wat

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
If this guy isn't President, I will secede with.....WHOA WAIT, THE PODIUM COLLAPSES INTO THE STAGE?!?

Why didn't he ride that thing up for his intro?! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME.

Juice

This speech is probably the first time I've felt that he has a real shot to overcome the margin of closet racist voters to actually win the general election.

Absolutely incredible delivery. Incredulous specificity. Dismantles almost every argument against him and gives a great preview to the Republicans of a new set of brand new comebacks for most of their go-to attacks.

Seriously, it's like he didn't take McCain on specifically until he wrote this speech. Up until now, all of his complaints could have been about Unnamed Republican Candidate.

*WOW* @ Magical declining podium

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
UltimaKilo said:

Your mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom