• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I think that speech had something for everyone.

An uplifting message. A clear definition of policy. A definition of character.

Everything was wrapped together in an almost perfectly delivered and perfectly toned speech.

9.5/10

Brit Hume just called him "Barack Hussein Obama".

Pathetic.

Brilliant speech, this was an amazing thing to see, glad to share it with everyone here. :D

chaoticprout said:
Meh. Clinton owned this speech.

ok: maybe not haha

Clinton had a great speech but Obama clearly won the weak. This was perfectly orchestrated. Every major speech was eclipsed by the one the next day.

They'll try but Republicans won't be able to compete in any way with the democrats this year (at least in major speeches alone).

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
laserbeam said:
Hey guys in 2018 we wont be using foreign oil anymore :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
He said that we won't depend on foreign oil from the Middle East in 10 years.

Nothing crazy about that.

I cried

I laughed

I smiled

That speech was perhaps the most historic and amazing political speech I have ever witnessed in my lifetime... and I will be amazed if I ever hear or see something that tops it.

Yaweee

Jenga said:
Great delivery. Maaaaan, McCain must be shitting himself.

He's got an ace in his hole. Man, that Pawlenty announcement is going to own the news cycle!... except for that hurricane heading towards New Orleans...

Amir0x

Banned
Word of cautionary criticism: He promised SO FUCKING MUCH in that speech, it seemed more than a little wide-eyed and impossible.

As many suggested, he ain't gonna do that shit and simultaneously reduce the deficit. I hope that much of it is just rhetorical "we can do it" type shit and he will introduce some fiscal responsibility back into the White House.

What you spend you account for somewhere else.

Juice said:
This speech is probably the first time I've felt that he has a real shot to overcome the margin of closet racist voters to actually win the general election.

Absolutely incredible delivery. Incredulous specificity. Dismantles almost every argument against him and gives a great preview to the Republicans of a new set of brand new comebacks for most of their go-to attacks.

Seriously, it's like he didn't take McCain on specifically until he wrote this speech. Up until now, all of his complaints could have been about Unnamed Republican Candidate.

*WOW* @ Magical declining podium

Oh there's the argument about how is he going to pay for everything. His speech must have caused money trees to spring out of the ground to pay for everything now.

maximum360 said:
They'll try but Republicans won't be able to compete in any way with the democrats this year (at least in major speeches alone).
If the Republicans play Billy Ray Cyrus at the end of McCain's speech it will be lights out for Obama.

Tobor said:
You are out of what's left of your mind if you think McCain can gain anything from a debate. It's going to be the JFK-Nixon debates all over again.
Nixon won that first debate, according to the radio audience.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
aparisi2274 said:
What a great speech....

Now if he can actually deliver on most of those ideals, I will be a very happy American
The only thing I heard new was this new idea of him going to "lower the capital gains tax." But that raising of the captial gains tax is what he's really! doing and he layed it out earlier. He stated he is raising it for "fairness" purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom