• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtG

JayDubya said:
Your boy just promised to cut taxes while offering everything and the kitchen sink.

He'll raise taxes on the people that have seen their taxes cut and contribute the most to our federal budget, not to mention the billions we'll save when we get the hell out of Iraq.

Looking at the federal deficit, if I was John McCain, I don't think painting Democrats (and Obama) as over-spenders would be the wisest tactic.

Fatalah said:
He spoke to me.
Holy shit it is just a political speech for a presidential candidate, it is just talk of promises and nothing else. It has been done every single election after George Washington. It's not like a speech given during some famous world changing event (like the moon landing, the US entering World War II, the taring down of the Berlin wall, or 9/11) or speech given by someone held in hi-esteem by people right before they retire from what they love doing or die. Man I swear so overblown on here :lol

VPhys

GSG Flash said:
Obama rocks! This guy has like every presidential quality that a person can possibly have.

Let's not get carried away here, there can be only one...

DavidPalmer2.jpg

kkaabboomm said:
McCain camp response:

“Tonight, Americans witnessed a misleading speech that was so fundamentally at odds with the meager record of Barack Obama. When the temple comes down, the fireworks end, and the words are over, the facts remain: Senator Obama still has no record of bipartisanship, still opposes offshore drilling, still voted to raise taxes on those making just $42,000 per year, and still voted against funds for American troops in harm’s way. The fact remains: Barack Obama is still not ready to be President.”

Reading their remarks is like listening to a one-beat drum line that hammers out the same note over and over again.

JayDubya

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
you must have been asleep during the speech. LISTEN next time!!!

Oh I listened. I'm just not sure what government cuts Mr. Brother's Keeper thinks he's going to make while vastly expanding the role of government.

Juice

So I'm definitely going to go see him speak Saturday night.

Event is at 6:30 (doors 4:30) at a high school down the street.

How many hours early do I need to show up to get in??

Tamanon

Banned
kkaabboomm said:
McCain camp response:

“Tonight, Americans witnessed a misleading speech that was so fundamentally at odds with the meager record of Barack Obama. When the temple comes down, the fireworks end, and the words are over, the facts remain: Senator Obama still has no record of bipartisanship, still opposes offshore drilling, still voted to raise taxes on those making just $42,000 per year, and still voted against funds for American troops in harm’s way. The fact remains: Barack Obama is still not ready to be President.”

WTF? I thought McCain was at least keeping tonight from being negative. Can't even do it for ONE night?:lol

pxleyes

Banned
JayDubya said:
Oh I listened. I'm just not sure what government cuts Mr. Brother's Keeper thinks he's going to make while vastly expanding the role of government.
That's only half the plan dumbass.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
kkaabboomm said:
McCain camp response:

If this is the best spin they have then they are in trouble. Maybe their saving the good stuff for the Rep.Con.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Juice said:

What time do you wake up? Seriously.

TDG

Banned
pizzaguysrevenge said:
Seriously, this guy is a better choice than McCain, but he's not the fucking messiah.
Some people are so eager to look down their noses at people. Ugh.

People aren't getting emotional because they believe that Obama is the messiah, or that he'll solve all the world's problems, or even that he'll accomplish most of what he promises. It's because tonight Obama talked about the American dream and the American people in a way that really inspires you to feel proud of America.

Hootie

Juice said:

I'd start camping outside the doors right now if you want a chance to get in.

Just kidding obviously

TDG said:
Some people are so eager to look down their noses at people. Ugh.

People aren't getting emotional because they believe that Obama is the messiah, or that he'll solve all the world's problems, or even that he'll accomplish most of what he promises. It's because tonight Obama talked about the American dream and the American people in a way that really inspires you to feel proud of America.

Thank you.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
That was a fucking formidable speech. Near flawless, and touched on almost every point imaginable. Just incredible.

Anf for fucks sake people, stop quoting Fox News. You all know that if the words were delievered directly from God they'd say the same fucking thing. Keep that shit out of here, you know it pure partisan, disgenuine bullshit.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Other than all the promises of new things while lowering taxes crap (that every politician does) that other people have mentioned, I thought it was a very good speech. McCain will have no real chance to match it.

Only other thing I thought was a odd, was to bring up abortion when talking about compromise with both sides of the aisle. There's hundreds of other issues he could have brought up instead of the one issue where there really is no middle ground on the issue. He went immediately to gun rights and didn't linger on abortion, it just struck me as an odd thing to mention at all.

Also side note. I do think giving the speech at Mile High might had been a mistake. We Coloradans are quick to be pissed off and closing our main highway during rush hour (we don't have as many as other big cities, we basically have 2) doesn't strike me as the best way to win votes.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Illuminati said:
Holy shit it is just a political speech for a presidential candidate, it is just talk of promises and nothing else. It has been done every single election after George Washington. It's not like a speech given during some famous world changing event (like the moon landing, the US entering World War II, the taring down of the Berlin wall, or 9/11) or speech given by someone held in hi-esteem by people right before they retire from what they love doing or die. Man I swear so overblown on here :lol
Again I ask you. How old are you?

Can't wait to see his fundraising numbers for the rest of the month and how big his Gallup bounce is.

What does McCain have to counter with? Tim Pawlenty? LAWL

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
mj1108 said:
Krauthammer on Fox News: "It wasn't a great speech, but it was smart"
looking back at years of Krauthammer's writings i can say "grammatically correct, but definitely not smart."

Frank the Great said:
Can't wait to see his fundraising numbers for the rest of the month and how big his Gallup bounce is.

What does McCain have to counter with? Tim Pawlenty? LAWL
GOP convention on Monday, wrath of God and El Katrina immediately thereafter

Amir0x

Banned
I love Cspan coverage 'cause they're taking calls, that shit is so unpredictable.

Republican supporting McCain: "My family is really reconsidering who we are. We may have to vote for Obama."

Tamanon

Banned
DrForester said:
Other than all the promises of new things while lowering taxes crap (that every politician does) that other people have mentioned, I thought it was a very good speech. McCain will have no real chance to match it.

Only other thing I thought was a odd, was to bring up abortion when talking about compromise with both sides of the aisle. There's hundreds of other issues he could have brought up instead of the one issue where there really is no middle ground on the issue. He went immediately to gun rights and didn't linger on abortion, it just struck me as an odd thing to mention at all.

No, the compromise on abortion he's talking about is that the Right has been Pro-life but also anti-contraception.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
DarienA said:
Evil are they blitzing you with emails or mailers for more money?
I've been getting like 2 emails a day from the Obama camp about donations.

Illuminati said:

yeah, apathy and cynicism works wonders for the government and the process. Boo enthusiasm!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Amir0x said:
I love Cspan coverage 'cause they're taking calls, that shit is so unpredictable.

Republican supporting McCain: "My family is really reconsidering who we are. We may have to vote for Obama."

Wow this caller called Obama a media created candidate!

One of Obama's main points regularly has been to not just settle for the country as it is, but work towards the country as it could be... there's just something about the way he says it that makes you believe we can be better.

APF

Who is this election about?

[_] ME

[X] YOU

You have selected "You," referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is "You!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom