• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALIS

Nice headline on the Post.

front082908.jpg

gal_frontpage_0829.jpg

syllogism

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I think that this is the first time that a lot of people paid attention to Barack, to get a feel for what he is about. For a lot of people, this was the first time hearing him speak. He has this innate ability to make you dream. I remember the first time I got that from him and for the people that got that feeling for the first time last night, especially from that speech, I envy them.

VALIS

Well, maybe one student is for McCain, and that is his pen.

Knowing how poorly McCain appeals to young people, that's probably accurate.

Look for more in the series -- "ARTIST'S FOR MCCAIN" and "HOT CHICK'S FOR MCCAIN"

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Anybody seen a final count on attendance yet? Last night some article said 85,000....

Forsete

Watching it on SVT2.. Its like a hollywood movie, so well produced. The Bruce music, the old man running around with the kid on his shoulder, all the happy kidz on the stage.

I wonder what the republican convention will be like?

AniHawk

syllogism said:
"A Gulfstream IV arrived in Middletown, Ohio from Anchorage, Alaska Thursday night."

Ughhh

Palin for the sneak attack. Was hoping for someone a little less well liked. My dad was mentioning her when we were talking about VP choices for him.

Amir0x

Banned
the art of the image is an important one. I guess they feel they can STILL make a grab at Hillary voters, but it's the image that will win the night.

Now they will both be "historic" candidates, if Palin is the pick.

rSpooky

I love this country, and so do you, and so does John McCain. The men and women who serve in our battlefields may be Democrats and Republicans and independents, but they have fought together and bled together and some died together under the same proud flag. They have not served a Red America or a Blue America -- they have served the United States of America.

I am not even a US citizen but this part gave me chills. It was one of the best few lines in his speech for me.

syllogism

Pawlenty says he is not it

"I'm going to be at the [Minnesota] state fair," Pawlenty said on WCCO just minutes ago.

"I will not be in Dayton, Ohio, so I think that's a fair assumption," he added, when asked if this was an indication that he would not be chosen.

He added: "It was an honor to be considered."

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Haha they really are gunning for the SOTP.

Sigh. Just get this over with.

She opposes same-sex marriage; but, she has stated that she has gay friends, and is receptive to gay and lesbian concerns about discrimination.

My best friend is black, guys.

AniHawk

The Chosen One said:
Go for the female vote and diminish the idea that it would be a historic ticket for Barack since you'll either get a black man or a woman in the white house now. And Palin is also well-liked. Not sure how much the current stuff in Alaska will go down though. That'll be the biggest obstacle (although the campaign can always claim sexism if they wanted).

sp0rsk said:
Haha they really are gunning for the SOTP.

Sigh. Just get this over with.
SOTP?

sprsk

AniHawk said:
Go for the female vote and diminish the idea that it would be a historic ticket for Barack since you'll either get a black man or a woman in the white house now.

SOTP?

Sisterhood of the traveling pantsuits.

Amir0x

Banned
You have to sort of also entertain the idea that Palin was chosen to try to dissipate any potential attacks from Biden. As Biden is a classical "attack dog" pick, if he is perceived to be too harsh on Palin it could garner sympathy vote.

Palin is, putting aside politicial ideology, an extremely strong pick from various angles.

syllogism

Dax01 said:
Joe Biden said, "I'm not your guy," before Obama announced.
Yes but not like this

"I'm going to be at the [Minnesota] state fair," Pawlenty said on WCCO just minutes ago.

"I will not be in Dayton, Ohio, so I think that's a fair assumption," he added, when asked if this was an indication that he would not be chosen.

He added: "It was an honor to be considered."

AniHawk said:
Go for the female vote and diminish the idea that it would be a historic ticket for Barack since you'll either get a black man or a woman in the white house now. And Palin is also well-liked. Not sure how much the current stuff in Alaska will go down though. That'll be the biggest obstacle (although the campaign can always claim sexism if they wanted).

I'm about on a five minute delay on Morning Joe, so I just had no idea what you guys were talking about. Now I do.

AniHawk

So of all the stupid-bad choices, he actually, probably went for Palin. That really will steal Barack's thunder from last night. I'm still a little shocked at the development, personally.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Romney bot it is. Damnit, i KNEW i should've bet on intrade last night after i saw his stock drop to the 40s.

sprsk

Crayon Shinchan said:
See why I said Sebellius now?

but then GOP had the luxury of reactive selection.

Nah, Obama made the right decision, Biden would actually make a good Vice President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom