• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
297170668v1_350x350_Front.jpg

Well that was quick.

297041625_350x350_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
sp0rsk said:
I went around youtube looking for reactions from the plebs:

I think this is Phoenix Dark, check out that shrine to Hillary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppT1Uez0VWg

Shit, it looks like he's gonna cry.
This guy contradicts himself after everything he says.

JOE BIDEN?! WHAT'S HE ADD TO THE TICKET?! NO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE! ... or maybe he's been a governor...I can't remember.

sangreal

I'm 99% pro-Biden

Having said that WTF. I went out drinking tonight on the presumption that the VP pick wasn't coming. No text message, nothing. WTF. I come home to news that Biden is assured!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Guy on FOXNEWS says that the US went into Iraq on the invitation of Iraq.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Damn, it's a repeat of earlier. Still funny.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
laserbeam said:
The original plan was at a time when all of the nation was awake but the cats out pointless to play stupid as if no one knows

CNN confirming it now, too.

WalkMan

Banned
... Where's my text message?! Lamest system of notification ever - next time use a bat signal that just projects Biden's name into the sky.

echoshifting said:
What's it say? Just 'Biden' or something?

Barack has chosen Senator Joe Biden to be our VP nominee. Watch the first Obama-Biden really live at 3pm ET on www.barackobama.com Spread the word!

Anyway, on the subject of Biden as a gaffe machine, I think that's been a little overplayed, and to his advantage. It's mentioned every time his name is brought up, so the bar is incredibly low. At this point he can be barely coherent and blow away media expectations.

And really, a lot of his gaffes stand out not because they're entirely shocking statements in and of themselves, just the fact that you don't expect them to come from a politician.

I think what people are labeling as gaffes will actually play well in places like western PA and Ohio. He's not afraid to speak his mind at all, even on topics where politicians are supposed to tread lightly. I honestly think he will win the very awful "who do you wanna have a beer with" test against anyone else on either ticket.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
echoshifting said:
Soooo what kind of a bump do you guys think Obama's gonna get heading into the DNC? Is this going to register?

Yes it will register. Probably 2-5 points up.

Keylime

quaere

Between this and the convention there should be a good financial bump too. I've held off because the campaign must have sent me a dozen emails proclaiming opting out of public financing as some heroic decision instead of the hypocrisy it is, and I didn't want to reward them for treating me like an idiot. That's the best fund raising appeal they could come up with? There just hasn't been much exciting out of the campaign in a long time, until now.

Clark really is the man (his two books, Waging Modern War and Winning Modern War, are great examinations of the USA's geopolitical and economic status on the international arena) - I also soundly applaud his aversion to realpolitik - but Biden is probably the correct choice for VP. It's a position that's needed for several months and not much after, so I wouldn't worry too much if you think this will turn into a moderation of Obama's standards. I'd like to see Clark become a Senator personally.

And I'm quite sure Hillary is happy with not being made VP. If Obama loses, she'll be able to campaign with "I told you so" and "We need experience" in four years; additional to this, the perceived "VP snub" from Obama would push the knife further in the back of his chances of future election. If he wins and stays two terms, she's guaranteed the next term of presidency, or at least, the nomination at this point. Then again, as with Obama, someone could come from nowhere. (let's place Clark there to complete the dream run)

Keylime

SpeedingUptoStop said:
yea, Obiden. Really, that designer didn't see that?
Not an official sticker...obviously.

Such shitty quality and terrible design.

Keylime

Schrade said:
Heh you people reach Nintendo Fan qualities of scaryness.
44hb8s6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom