• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Odrion said:

APF where the hell are you now? 75% of Obama coverage on TV is negative (which I told you was the case) and you laughed and said maybe 50% was.

Like I always believed within the last 3 months, Obama has been and always get the most negative coverage between him and Mccain.

The press will continue to kiss McCain's ass until Obama and his team fights back smartly on a daily basis.

What does the new Obama ad say? And what does the new Mccain ad say? I can't see it because Im on a MS Moblie Windows 6.1 phone. :(

Odrion

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
APF where the hell are you now? 75% of Obama coverage on TV is negative (which I told you was the case) and you laughed and said maybe 50% was.

Like I always believed within the last 3 months, Obama has been and always get the most negative coverage between him and Mccain.

The press will continue to kiss McCain's ass until Obama and his team fights back smartly on a daily basis.

What does the new Obama ad say? And what does the new Mccain ad say? I can't see it because Im on a MS Moblie Windows 6.1 phone. :(
The new Obama ad quotes McCain saying he has no fucking clue about economics, shows that he voted with Bush 90% of the time, and shows them together saying "we can't have four more years of this line of thought." All while accompanied to a pretty clever tune.

In other words, it's the attack ad I always wanted!

McCain's ad is "HI I AM A HILLARY SUPPORT AND I LIKE MCCAIN."

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
mckmas8808 said:

It's not even a matter of percentages.

It becomes so much more damning when you look at the actual content; how much said about Obama is bullshit. How much said about McCain is bullshit. How much is truthful? How much actually matters towards characteristics of the candidate that reflect on his ability to lead the nation?

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Odrion said:
The new Obama ad quotes McCain saying he has no fucking clue about economics, shows that he voted with Bush 90% of the time, and shows them together saying "we can't have four more years of this line of thought." All while accompanied to a pretty clever tune.

In other words, it's the attack ad I always wanted!

And sadly, which one do you think is more likely to become a talking point among the media?

I'm amazed that Paetreus is even considered a possible McCain VP pick. I wish he would pick him. It would basically become the Military junta ticket. WTF? Are we Klingons? I want a free nation with a strong economy . . . not a militant nation.

A new Columbus Dispatch poll in Ohio finds Sen. John McCain just edging past Sen. Barack Obama, 42% to 41%.

Key findings: "McCain is being bolstered by Ohio voters who supported Hillary Clinton in the state's March 4 Democratic primary and those who backed Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland in 2006. McCain also is doing better among party loyalists: 86 percent of Republicans back McCain, while 74 percent of Democrats support Obama."

A new Suffolk University poll in Colorado finds Sen. Barack Obama leading Sen. John McCain, 44% to 39%.

Said pollster David Paleologos: "With Colorado among at least seven battleground states that will swing this Presidential election, an Obama lead here puts enormous pressure on John McCain. Should Obama go on to win Colorado, it would almost force McCain to run the table with the remaining battleground states or lose the election."
http://politicalwire.com/

Odrion said:
And it's brilliant! I bet those 18 million Hillary voters had no idea they could vote McCain until that spunky brunette made it clear to us that whatever you can put in the experience section of your resume to make it look more impressive is far more important than choosing based on issues of policy.

Another ace maneuver by the classy McCain campaign. Personally, I think that if he wants Hillary's voters and to fan the flames of divisiveness within that Democratic party (though they've largely subsided since the beginning of June), it might be wise for McCain to name Hillary as his VP.

Odrion

Banned
Crayon Shinchan said:
And sadly, which one do you think is more likely to become a talking point among the media?
I don't know if these are going to cause a stir, the amount of coverage on the "seven homes" was a combination of a silly gaff and the surprise that Obama finally swinging some punches. The "Hillary" probably won't be paid attention to at all, it's a narrative that they already talked about numerous times.

Obama's attack ad is a lot more effective though, I'm excited that the prospect of his campaign digging up every single stupid mistake. Oh god I can't wait until the Sunni and Shite ad.

Odrion

Banned
also
APF is a shitty troll, but a lot of really pathetic people here said "I wish APF was around" when he got banned so they deserve their misery.

Clevinger

Obama should just get Clinton in one of his ads.

"John McCain is shamelessly trying to exploit my campaign and my supporters, and what we together stood for that he does not. Look at the issues of what McCain supports,

lists top issues they disagree on"

boom

APF

mckmas8808 said:
THAT'S THE SAME STUDY YOU POINTED TO EARLIER

Imm0rt4l

bob_arctor said:
McCain on Houses Gaffe: I Was a POW

This line of response was mentioned as an out by one of the usual suspects, I forget who, maybe Michael Goodwin, and lo and behold, it magically appears out of his mouth.
if he's so grateful that would be reason for him to remember how many houses he has. now he sounds like he's really taken his blessings forgranted, or alzheimers.*shrugs

Imm0rt4l said:
if he's so grateful that would be reason for him to remember how many houses he has. now he sounds like he's really taken his blessings forgranted, or alzheimers.*shrugs
Eh, this entire thing was just a very fortunate gaffe for Obama on the part of McCain. McCain was obviously not prepared for the question, and was probably weighing all of his retorts to the point where he forgot that a quick "I don't see what relevance that has to do with anything" would have largely sufficed.

"Let me check with my staff" was just the worst thing he could have stated.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Deus Ex Machina said:
Biden slams McCain foreign policy - - This Week w/ StuffinEnvelopes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmHBTD7-og

You know, there is NO way that the McCain rhetori will stand up to this man's KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH.

Biden's razor-sharp.
I love how Biden starts out with his angry smile. That smile is so damn cutting :lol

Great stuff.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
RubxQub said:
I love how Biden starts out with his angry smile. That smile is so damn cutting :lol

Great stuff.

An angry smile is an amazingly useful thing to have. Like a sexy beergut.

thefro

I feel really good about this week with "The Closer" going for us tonight at the convention.

Michelle = better speaker than Barack

Keylime

Clevinger said:
Obama should just get Clinton in one of his ads.

"John McCain is shamelessly trying to exploit my campaign and my supporters, and what we together stood for that he does not. Look at the issues of what McCain supports,

lists top issues they disagree on"

boom
My respect for Hillary would definitely go up if she agreed to do something like this.

She needs to tighten the leash on all the crazies she created. This is a problem she started, and she is the only one who can pull them back in.

mckmas8808

Kildace said:
Both were likely voters.

Ah shit this race is in the bag so far then. Do you PoliGAF members realize that Mccain will always look better than he actually is in "likely voter" polls?

The Obama team and the Dems are registering dems at a rate that's un heard of. The Obama grounf game is WAAAY better than McCain's.

I got an article for you coming up that's proves my point beyond a shadow of a doubt.

GhaleonEB

Deus Ex Machina said:
Biden slams McCain foreign policy - - This Week w/ StuffinEnvelopes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmHBTD7-og

You know, there is NO way that the McCain rhetori will stand up to this man's KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH.

Biden's razor-sharp.
I take back (almost) all the bad things I said about Biden. He's going to evicerate McCain and whoever he picks as veep in the debate.
mckmas8808 said:
Ah shit this race is in the bag so far then. Do you PoliGAF members realize that Mccain will always look better than he actually is in "likely voter" polls?

The Obama team and the Dems are registering dems at a rate that's un heard of. The Obama grounf game is WAAAY better than McCain's.

I got an article for you coming up that's proves my point beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Yeah, tied in a LV model in Ohio? Yes please.

Can't wait to see the voter registration numbers there when the window to register and vote at the same time opens up. Obama is going to bank a whole lotta votes in there. :D

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
mckmas8808 said:

We know that, that is why all of this I find so funny.

mckmas8808 said:

i really hope you are right.

GhaleonEB

BotoxAgent said:
i really hope you are right.
In terms of the "likely voter" models, it's quite true. The skim out voters in part based on past voting history. Obama is bringing in a lot of new voters.

Most glaring example recently was a Gallup poll showing McCain winning likely voters by a few points over Obama. But - in a rare display of disclosure - the cross tabs showed the number of voters they skimmed out. Nearly 90% of all the registered voters excluded from the likely voters sample were Obama's, comprising some 16% of his supporters in the poll.

(Example: North Carolina has over 300,000 new voters this year, up over 5% and growing fast. Those are not being captured in polls.)

Lemonz

Some post Biden polls

Virginia - PPP (D) McCain 45% Obama 47% ------ Obama +2

National - ABC News/Wash Post Obama 49% McCain 45% ----- Obama +4

National - ABC News/Wash Post Obama 48% McCain 42% Nader 3% Barr 3% ---- Obama +6

National - CNN Obama 47% McCain 47% Tie - (CNN admitted several times this poll is probably faulty)

National - Rasmussen Tracking Obama 48% McCain 45%--- Obama +3

National - USA Today/Gallup Obama 48% McCain 45% ----Obama +3

Colorado - Suffolk Obama 44% McCain 39% ----Obama +5

Michigan - Detroit News Obama 43% McCain 41% -----Obama +2

Fatalah

Ah, I'm so grateful that MSNBC is simulcasting their coverage on their website.

It's not fun following everything without a live video feed! GO MSNBC!

Odrion said:
also

APF is a shitty troll, but a lot of really pathetic people here said "I wish APF was around" when he got banned so they deserve their misery.
APF can be a quality poster. PoliGAF as an echo-chamber is boring. Interpretation of subtext isn't his strong suit, though.

Keylime

ToyMachine228 said:
Is there a full schedule available for the DNC somewhere? And is it being streamed somewhere?
http://www.demconvention.com/

Covers both your needs, streaming and schedule.

I'll be waiting in the back behind the curtain for my complimentary handjob.

GhaleonEB

Gallup has a clean slate again today.

080825DailyUpdateGraph1_ghytfvc.gif

mckmas8808

GhaleonEB said:
In terms of the "likely voter" models, it's quite true. The skim out voters in part based on past voting history. Obama is bringing in a lot of new voters.

Most glaring example recently was a Gallup poll showing McCain winning likely voters by a few points over Obama. But - in a rare display of disclosure - the cross tabs showed the number of voters they skimmed out. Nearly 90% of all the registered voters excluded from the likely voters sample were Obama's, comprising some 16% of his supporters in the poll.

(Example: North Carolina has over 300,000 new voters this year, up over 5% and growing fast. Those are not being captured in polls.)

Yep and guess by how many voters Kerry lost by in 2004?

Kerry lost by 435,000 votes. Now assuming that most new voters are dems and Obama still has 2 month to GOTV, Obama can take North Carolina.

Mccain is only winning NC by 3 points on average. And that's with the likely voter scale.

Obama might get NC!

Keylime

Door2Dawn said:
You people need to stop scareing off the republicans godamnit.
What're we doing to scare them off?

Steve Youngblood said:
Eh, this entire thing was just a very fortunate gaffe for Obama on the part of McCain. McCain was obviously not prepared for the question, and was probably weighing all of his retorts to the point where he forgot that a quick "I don't see what relevance that has to do with anything" would have largely sufficed.

"Let me check with my staff" was just the worst thing he could have stated.
He needs to drop the whole "I didn't have a kitchen table for five years" shtick and go with the "investment properties" line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom