• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS2 KID

She's really dragging it out. Half the speech was kissing her own ass.

She needed to trash McCain more and elevate Obama more.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
PS2 KID said:

She needed to trash McCain more and elevate Obama more.

She was pretty vague when talking about Obama, honestly. I'm not overwhelmed.

I thought the point of this speech was to pump up her supporters for Obama. Bar a few mentions of Obama this could have been her own nomination speech.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The equal pay quote was pretty much all she needed to say to turn the people bitter about Hillary's loss, I think. I think that was the pinch in the arm people needed.

pxleyes

Banned
sp0rsk said:
The equal pay quote was pretty much all she needed to say to turn the people bitter about Hillary's loss, I think. I think that was the pinch in the arm people needed.
Ya, probably the best point to bring up outside of abortion.

Cloudy

Banned
PS2 KID said:

Yup. Why did she need a frikken tribute video? Any Democrat who'd vote McCain or not vote at all over Hilary is an idiot. That said, she ended it pretty well...

Amir0x

Banned
I'd give it an A-. She had a few moments where she clearly dragged out the celebratory nostalgia, but overall it did what it had to do. Anyone left is clearly secret Republicans or closet idiots.

ddb320

Banned
She talked for over half an hour, didn't screw up once, and had the crowd in the palm of her hand... you have to admit she's a great politician. Obama needs her.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
APF said:
Michelle Owho?
Not quite, but Hillary definitely did her part. :lol

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
She should have spent more time on obama, less time giving her own presidential stump speech - especially women's rights.

I thought overall it was self serving, putting her position before Obama's and tagging on the necessary "Support Obama" "No McCain" to survive politically.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I know it is common around here to think the GOP is anti-everything, but where is the "he supports unequal pay for woman" come from?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
RubxQub said:
Not quite, but Hillary definitely did her part. :lol

As far as convention speeches, this is tops so far. Michele's last night wasn't even in the same league. I'm thinking it won't be topped until Obama on Thursday.

alr1ghtstart said:
So lets guess FOX news narrative...

"Michelle Obama looked irritated, does she hate Hillary?"

"You can just see it on her face, ladies and gentlemen, Hillary Clinton is taking the good will and message of unity Ted Kennedy brought us last night and tearing it down. She does not want Barack Obama in the White House. This image speaks for itself."

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
t1wide.clinton.01.bnr.cnn.jpg

TreIII

Amir0x said:
I'd give it an A-. She had a few moments where she clearly dragged out the celebratory nostalgia, but overall it did what it had to do. Anyone left is clearly secret Republicans or closet idiots.

Agreed.

She looked good tonight, and she gave a great speech. She even "gutted McCain" like Buchanan wanted so badly!

This was just the thing the party needed. Now let's get the show on the road and get dat man in the White House.

Tamanon

Banned
schuelma said:
I know it is common around here to think the GOP is anti-everything, but where is the "he supports unequal pay for woman" come from?

McCain was anti-Ledbetter case, and also anti legislation that would require men and women to earn the same wages for doing the same jobs.

She didn't do what she needed to do until the brilliant Mccain quote. It was only at that point that she had hit all the notes she had to. I loled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom