• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

But why haven't the Fighters posted reviews from Jazz Fest? Flop stanbase.

As the ballad wound down, Aguilera grabbed hold of one full-bodied, clarion note, held it for multiple seconds, staggered it, shook it, then took it up high. It was goosebump-inducing.

She announced herself to what was, for the Acura Stage, a modest crowd -- there was plenty of space in the standing-room-only area between the barricades and the chairs

At this stage of her career and life, Aguilera may be too far down the pop-diva road to turn back. She is not a blues or jazz singer like her heroes. Stripping away all the make-up and costumes and platitudes and artifice may not be an option, at least not to her and her people.

Vazduh

She said June 2th but you can't trust her with the dates. We'll see.

Kyla LaGrange is also releasing her album on the same day.

Kyla-La-Grange-Cut-Your-Teeth-2014-Final-1500x1500.png

It's going to be a good birthday this year.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But why haven't the Fighters posted reviews from Jazz Fest? Flop stanbase.

She announced herself to what was, for the Acura Stage, a modest crowd -- there was plenty of space in the standing-room-only area between the barricades and the chairs
must have been a very big field if it was a '500,000+' person crowd but it wasn't very packed

Vazduh

Becky G just won't stop
pSlGFJ5.gif
pSlGFJ5.gif

In the future, I would really love to work with Bruno Mars. I love his songwriting, and there's something so charming about him.

Source.

And Jessie J strikes again.

Jessie J has responded to criticism on Tuesday, following comments that her bisexuality "was a phase". "Please tell me what I have done wrong here?" she complained on Twitter. "Should I have lied and said I am bi?"

In an interview in Tuesday's Mirror, Jessie J said she no longer identifies as bisexual. "I want to stop talking about it completely now and find myself a husband."

dead2.gif
dead2.gif
dead2.gif
dead2.gif
dead2.gif

Source.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Royalan lipsyncing to Beyoncé

I didnt knew he had it in him.

Becky G also went for wil.i.am in his dreams
When you're 15 and you've already got Simon Cowell and Ke$ha and Katy Perry producer Dr. Luke on your side, you're doing something right. After seeing one of Becky G's videos, will.i.am had a dream about working with her. The girl leaves an impression.

"Dr. Luke showed [will.i.am] one of my videos, and Will said, 'She's dope!' and then he said he had a dream about me!" Becky tells Fuse. "The next day, Luke called me and said, 'Will wants to have a session with you.' And I was like, 'No way. will.i.am wants to get in the studio with me? This is awesome.'"

The result of that studio session: "Problem (The Monster remix)," written under tight, self-imposed constraints.
Source

A Nightmare on Elmstreet kind of mess. No one is safe. His album flopped and Britney Jean sucked thanks to Becky G.
V9GrMkgtrsZwZzs4_h59RGZwjFY-oE4pP0IcWP0B1yLl4LjhXaL2f_7KDviUVg5SAspZ=w300

Bladenic

All I've been listening to lately is Inna. Truly the Romanian Rihanna.

Hot, Love, Amazing, Shining Star, 10 Minutes, J'Adore, Endless, Wow, Famous, and ugh many others. Can't wait for even more bops soon.

funny, the words definiely say 'descent into mediocrity', but i can only read them as 'ascent beyond my ability to comprehend'

ik7gm036cxTjd.gif

LOL. Wreck 'em with that tea.

Some people just want a pop star to be number one on iTunes because it'll make their personal enjoyment of the music seem greater than it really is.

And as I said before many times, if the formula to getting endless number ones is being utilized by someone as forgettable and mediocre a pop act as Rihanna, then it just shows me that there IS a formula, and that it can easily be achieved by someone greater if she committed to it like Rihanna does. And it's cute to have one or two pop stars sticking to this formula, coz we like having radio staples. But don't hold it against other artists who would rather craft music that's greater and more meaningful than to dilute their visions in order to follow said formula. With Beyonce, she was following that formula for years before deciding to graduate to greater heights, and she doesn't care about that shit anymore. Everybody would like to have a number one don't get me wrong, but people like Bey would just rather take a certifications "cut" making music she likes than making basic bitch music just to be number one on iTunes for 15 minutes. It doesn't sound very fulfilling for artists who are more invested in the craftsmanship of their music than its impact. And I completely respect that.

DMeisterJ

Banned
LOL. Wreck 'em with that tea.

Some people just want a pop star to be number one on iTunes because it'll make their personal enjoyment of the music seem greater than it really is.

And as I said before many times, if the formula to getting endless number ones is being utilized by someone as forgettable and mediocre a pop act as Rihanna, then it just shows me that there IS a formula, and that it can easily be achieved by someone greater if she committed to it like Rihanna does. And it's cute to have one or two pop stars sticking to this formula, coz we like having radio staples. But don't hold it against other artists who would rather craft music that's greater and more meaningful than to dilute their visions in order to follow said formula. With Beyonce, she was following that formula for years before deciding to graduate to greater heights, and she doesn't care about that shit anymore. Everybody would like to have a number one don't get me wrong, but people like Bey would just rather take a certifications "cut" making music she likes than making basic bitch music just to be number one on iTunes for 15 minutes. It doesn't sound very fulfilling for artists who are more invested in the craftsmanship of their music than its impact. And I completely respect that.

All that pressure and hot air you expelled just to try to rationalize how Beyonce can't clock Billboard hits and how her alber still hasn't sold as much as Unapolopoopoo
ahh.gif

And newsflash, Rihanna's last alber is a GRAMMY AWARD WINNING album, AND a Platinum album. You can have both. Rihanna has proved it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
you seem awfully bothered by BEYONCÉ for somebody who claims their fave has left her in the dust

some might even say the lady doth protest too much

Vazra

you seem awfully bothered by BEYONCÉ for somebody who claims their fave has left her in the dust

some might even say the lady doth protest too much

Clock that tea. :claps:

So pressed she constantly needs to pop up when someone
A) Says something nice about Bey.
or
B) Someone says something bad about Rihannus.

For Bey being in the dust DMJ surely gets her jimmies rustled too often.

Vitanimus

All that pressure and hot air you expelled just to try to rationalize how Beyonce can't clock Billboard hits and how her alber still hasn't sold as much as Unapolopoopoo
ahh.gif

And newsflash, Rihanna's last alber is a GRAMMY AWARD WINNING album, AND a Platinum album. You can have both. Rihanna has proved it.

iK2TWn64ki6Je.gif

didn't Beyonce prove that 11 years ago with Dangerously In Love or

DMeisterJ

Banned

That image is Snow from Final Fantasy XIII. The critically acclaimed game (85 on Metacritic) and sold 5M copies, more than 10M times what Natalia kills has sold. I'm talking about Shartning Returns, a game that has a 60-something metacritic and has sold under 1M copies WW.

You're dismissed. Stop trying to be relevant.

Vazra

That image is Snow from Final Fantasy XIII. The critically acclaimed game (85 on Metacritic) and sold 5M copies, more than 10M times what Natalia kills has sold. I'm talking about Shartning Returns, a game that has a 60-something metacritic and has sold under 1M copies WW.

You're dismissed. Stop trying to be relevant.

Dark Souls 2 92 on Metacritic before you come for my Avi.

FF13 bad reputation made 13-2 sell worse and 13-2 affected Flopping Returns. Deal with it.
tumblr_me01qqf3Wj1qmfs0ho5_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom