• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Urban Dictionary: Mooriah Carey

A fat singer who uses all her album profits to use "Pitch Correction" on many of her albums. Her music has inspired many of the "rap" artists today. She inspired them by her excessive use of the same sounds/beat for her "music".

Since many found out her music sounds the same all the time, only ignorant people find her music "intresting" and her, "hot".
She tried to stay "cool" by marrying 27 year old, Nick Cannon.

She is also known as Mooriah Scarey and (I'm) Mariah (and you can't) Carey (me).
"Re-touch my body, make me look skinnier. I like looking like a whore in my videos, it makes me connect with the stupid youth of today, take Nick for example" - Mooriah Carey

SCREAMING. Who did that?

Speaking of, the Wikipedia entry for Jody Watley is life giving.

Wikipedia said:
Jody Watley continued her creative streak of multiple decades of prominence as a renowned icon and trendsetter with the release of her single Nightlife in 2013.[91][92][93][94][95] the much heralded return to disco dance was a Top 5 British Urban Single, Top 10 Commercial Pop Single Music Week and Billboard Hot Dance Club Play Top 20 Single.[96]

:ahh:

Vazduh

Hahahahah :D It reminded me of Thalia's wiki entry, which may be factually accurate, but it's written as if she was the second coming of Jesus.

Tommy Mottola, the power of his wallet.

The Romanian Rihanna, Inna, is coming back on the 15th with her new song titled Cola Song.

f6SEKOo.gif

Yes, I'm ready for some Romanian guilty pleasures! I only hope that this time she releases her singles properly (i.e. doesn't release them all at once like she did with her 2nd album).

Btw, Nito, I'm going to check out those
probably flawless
songs you've posted earlier.

Mumei

I almost said Carly Rae, but Paula had more than one hit. And she can't dance, as far as i know.

Yes. It needs to be someone who:

a) Can dance
b) Can't sing
c) Has had multiple big hits
d) Peaked early
e) won't have much longevity

Mumei

Beef, Lorde can't dance or sing.

Ciara fits nearly all of this criteria apart from c) and e) I guess because she's still around making music.

There's a difference between "being around" and having longevity in the sense that you're a big chart-topping name for more than half a decade. Just look at Paula's singles charting trajectory:

1988 - 41
1988 - 88
1989 - 1
1989 - 1
1989 - 1
1989 - 3
1990 - 1
1991 - 1
1991 - 1
1991 - 6
1992 - 16
1992 - 19
1995 - 28
1995 - 58
1996 - 112
2008 - 62
2009 - 87

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ciara fits nearly all of this criteria apart from c) and e) I guess because she's still around making music.

Paula was releasing stuff for 10+ years. Her last single came out in 2012 apparently.
But like Ciara the later stuff was paid absolute dust.

Vazra

Beef, Lorde can't dance or sing.

There's a difference between "being around" and having longevity in the sense that you're a big chart-topping name for more than half a decade. Just look at Paula's singles charting trajectory:

1988 - 41
1988 - 88
1989 - 1
1989 - 1
1989 - 1
1989 - 3
1990 - 1
1991 - 1
1991 - 1
1991 - 6
1992 - 16
1992 - 19
1995 - 28
1995 - 58
1996 - 112
2008 - 62
2009 - 87

What about Britney Jean Spears?

Vazra

Oh I'm surprised at the answer.

Her explanation makes sense tho. She has seen Queen B multiple times so why not break the monotony of watching Bey and watch Gaga which she hasn't had the experience to see live.
Poor her considering how lackluster Gaga's performances have been lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom