• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Rewatching the GUY video, they really did a masterful job in slimming her down. I'm surprised I didn't notice it before, but they weren't lazy for most the scenes that required it. Best changes being the flower scene where she's wearing the white one-piece. If you notice, the flower background actually changes a bit so they can easily edit her waist without drawing too much attention to any obvious warp effects. The background actually changes depending on the way her body faces the camera. Profile view == bunches of smaller, white flower; Frontal == Regular background:

iPxCddr38YQ4W.gif

For some of the quicker cuts, they did still resort to the warping method. They also did the same for the dance sequence with her in the gold bikini, but it's more difficult to tell since there's a lot going on in the background and they keep her body shape consistent through each frame, which must have taken a ton of work. Nothing lazy like a Mariah or Xtina figure warp. Money was spent on her immaculate thinning.

Vazduh

New music videos.

Lil Debbie has a new video out! Slot Machine is exactly what you'd expect from her: it's something you'd bop to while being drunk beyond belief, but otherwise would probably avoid. Bless her heart for still trying.

Icona Pop have released their new single, On A Roll, and you can watch the (sadly boring) video here. They'll remain one-hit wonders, won't they? :/

Speaking of boring videos, Erik Hassle has released his collaboration with Tinashe, Innocence Lost. That one was my least favorite song from his Somebody's Party EP so I'm not too excited about it, and the no-budget MV certainly doesn't help. He should have released either What Is He Like or Somebody's Party, either would have been much better IMHO.

New music videos.

Lil Debbie has a new video out! Slot Machine is exactly what you'd expect from her: it's something you'd bop to while being drunk beyond belief, but otherwise would probably avoid. Bless her heart for still trying.

Icona Pop have released their new single, On A Roll, and you can watch the (sadly boring) video here. They'll remain one-hit wonders, won't they? :/

Speaking of boring videos, Erik Hassle has released his collaboration with Tinashe, Innocence Lost. That one was my least favorite song from his Somebody's Party EP so I'm not too excited about it, and the no-budget MV certainly doesn't help. He should have released either What Is He Like or Somebody's Party, either would have been much better IMHO.

Speaking of Icona Pop I actually heard this yesterday and really digged it. I can't believe was tacky flops they became after there debut songs but it's whatever. Such a waste of what they could of been.

Icona Pop feat. Ty Dolla $ign - It's My Party

Vazduh

Speaking of Icona Pop I actually heard this yesterday and really digged it. I can't believe was tacky flops they became after there debut songs but it's whatever. Such a waste of what they could of been.

Icona Pop feat. Ty Dolla $ign - It's My Party

I like that song, too, but wait, how many more versions are they planning to record?

The one with Smiler is on their Swedish album. Then there's the one with Zebra Katz and now the one you just posted. What a mess.

cory64

Rewatching the GUY video, they really did a masterful job in slimming her down. I'm surprised I didn't notice it before, but they weren't lazy for most the scenes that required it. Best changes being the flower scene where she's wearing the white one-piece. If you notice, the flower background actually changes a bit so they can easily edit her waist without drawing too much attention to any obvious warp effects. The background actually changes depending on the way her body faces the camera. Profile view == bunches of smaller, white flower; Frontal == Regular background:

iPxCddr38YQ4W.gif

For some of the quicker cuts, they did still resort to the warping method. They also did the same for the dance sequence with her in the gold bikini, but it's more difficult to tell since there's a lot going on in the background and they keep her body shape consistent through each frame, which must have taken a ton of work. Nothing lazy like a Mariah or Xtina figure warp. Money was spent on her immaculate thinning.

Maybe she requested it because she wanted a silhouette for dramatic effect that she can't pull off because of her height.

3phemeral

Maybe she requested it because she wanted a silhouette for dramatic effect that she can't pull off because of her height.
Well, she really never had to do that before. Only other instance is Bad Romance, and that was for deliberate dramatic effect. Whatever her reasons, I just wanted to point out that there was a lot of care that went into it. It's impressive.

cory64

Well, she really never had to do that before. Only other instance is Bad Romance, and that was for deliberate dramatic effect. Whatever her reasons, I just wanted to point out that there was a lot of care that went into it. It's impressive.
Do we know what the budget was?

cory64

"I would never spend that much on a music video. I would never say anything's a waste in reference to art, but I would give to charity before I would spend that much money on a music video."

iboi38jNvz3SVR.gif

cory64

As long as it dethrones Happy and doesn't interfere with a Rihanna single then I don't even care what Mother Perrysa chooses to enforce her reign with.

Fey

Banned
O @ her trying to get #BIRTHDAY trending and everything. I thought they'd wait until Dark Horse was at least out of the top 5 before pushing Birthday.

royalan

This is the perfect time to release Birthday, now that the weather is finally warming up.

I think Katy's going to slay with i.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
PopGaf, I'm not a fan of Kesha, but I am a fan of Lydia Loveless.

What do yall think of this cover of Kesha's song Blind that Lydia Loveless did?

http://www.spin.com/articles/lydia-loveless-kesha-blind-cover/

Can't stand Kesha, so obviously I prefer Lydia's version. She owns this like nobody's business... Wonder if she'll play this at the show tomorrow night? Gonna at least try to get an autograph. <3

Girl-country is in a great place lately with Lydia, Zoe Muth, Kacey Musgraves, Brandy Clark, etc. I wonder who stanned for Taylor here before she went full-on pop? I know Mau did.

edit: ah, looks like she's been performing this cover for at least a couple of years now. Neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom