• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Happy Birthday Iwata Fan, Royalan

ioWS1pdm2g9Uz.gif

Vazduh

Mau ®;109699816 said:
I don't understand the Becky G curse everyone talks about. Can someone explain?

I'm gonna quote a post from that other forum.

I noticed that artists who feature or are featured in Becky G's stuff ended up flopping later on.

1. Cody Simpson - What relevancy he had was gone after he released the song with Becky G
2. Cher Lloyd - "Oath" flopped, and "I Wish" is currently underperforming
3. Ke$ha - Featured in "Die Young" (Remix), "Warrior" tanked
4. Jennifer Lopez - Appeared in "Becky On The Block" video, "Live It Up" flopped
5. Jessie J - Featured in "Excuse My Rude". "Alive" sold 30K first week, a huge drop from "Who You Are", which sold 105K first week

Is Becky G a walking curse?

Becky G, coming for your faves, one by one.

GIPJkEs.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;109699816 said:
I don't understand the Becky G curse everyone talks about. Can someone explain?

• Becky G did a remix of Die Young and Ke$ha ended up on Rehab and Warrior era flopped.
  • J.Lo made a cameo on a MV with Becky G and her singles have flopped every since.
  • Jessie J collab with Becky G on Excuse My Rude and her album flopped.
  • The Notorious BIG died exactly a week after Becky G was born
  • Miley got sick after unfollowing ha on twitter.
  • Katy Perry didnt get a single award on Radio Disney Awards and 2 flop singles this era since she announced Becky G for her tour
  • Britney tweeted a Becky G song and her album underperformed
  • The Wanted performed on the same show with her and the band has disolved and they almost get stabbed by a hobo.
  • She attended Shakira album listening party and the album underperformed
  • She did a dance video of Pharrel's Happy and someone died after saying the song Happy made her happy.
  • Ariana, Bonnie Mckee, One Direction and some others. Bonnie's album has gotten delayed and her other singles flopped. Ariana got sick to the point she had to cancel shows and One Direction had a flop song.
  • Karmin album got pushed and forgotten after following Becky G

The list continues but Im tired to get all the details.

Vazduh

Having a moment with Keep it Coochie

I'm bopping.

gqXjTkR.gif

I really like the first verse and the chorus is just wonderful, but the song quickly turns to shit after she starts "rapping". Too bad.

On the bright side, the soundcloud link lead me to this wonderful remix of Sam Smith's Nirvana.

Sam Smith - Nirvana (Harry Fraud Remix)

Generic Queen coming to take her generic kingdom back. Careful Inna.

I don't think that reINNA has anything to worry about.

r8SL22C.gif

Alexandra should have made something uptempo, not this Rated R-wannabe. I'm percheD for the video, tho

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ariana has gone top #15 from just preorders, slay a bit
Happy Birthday roysus

Aw, happy birthday Roy!

iCx5l7IinrnkY.gif

This Becky G, girl though...how did she get to work with all these actual popstars? Is she a writer? Or did she usurp Sabi's spot in the steaming pot of Dr. Luke's harem? An Austin Mahone sized mess.
OJI8q.gif

And I thought Diplo was British this whole time. The More You Know.

Bladenic

Random thought, are Mutya Keisha Siobhan still a thing?

BY THE WAY

Ben Khan's EP 1992 featuring the amazing Youth, is now on Soundcloud. It's great, as expected.

Vazduh

Random thought, are Mutya Keisha Siobhan still a thing?

BY THE WAY

Ben Khan's EP 1992 featuring the amazing Youth, is now on Soundcloud. It's great, as expected.

They are. A few weeks ago Siobhan replied to one concerned fan on her Facebook page:

a6kWKj5.jpg

As for Ben Khan, I'm glad he's releasing his music via iTunes soon, I only wish he recorded more tracks for the EP because Youth is the only new track, the rest were released months ago. Still, the EP is fantastic, and it's a nice sign of things to come.

Vazduh

THANKS BB!!

Anytime, you beautiful prince.
tumblr_m7wwcrqQaZ1r17mw1.gif

Let's pay remembrance for when the Sugababes were actually good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvoAvPjADsE

edit: WAIT female MJ Miranda Cosgrove covered the song as well? I cannot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlIUNtQEI_s

Speaking of Miranda, confession time: I... don't hate Dancing Crazy. I'm aware that it was one of the Avril's B-sides recorded for Goodbye Lullaby (Miranda even emulates Avril's voice to the point where it's hard to discern between the two at times), but it's such a harmless, stupid song that I can't help but enjoy it.

All Sugababes were the best Sugababes. Yes, I'm not excluding the so-called Sugababes 4.0 who recorded the worst album in their discography, although even that one had the RedOne-penned About the Girl which was damn good.

However, their best release will forever be this one: Overloaded: The Singles Collection

Hmm... Sounds OK actually, but we'll see when she releases the full video.

Vazduh

Confession time...

I hate the new Sugababes...but I LOVED Get Sexy...;____;

I don't hate it either ;_______; although I'm aware of it's questionable quality.

fun fact: it was co-written by the Mr. Grenade himself.

Sounds promising and really unexpected from her. Afterall all I know her for is generic dance music. LOL

True. I expected something boring because I judged the song based on the live performance, and yet it seems that it could be at least solid, it depends on the production. I wonder who's writing/producing songs for her now, since the guy who wrote and produced her previous hits was the very same guy who hurt her last year.

Bed time for me, but before I go, I'm going to leave a nice tune for y'all. This time it's an unreleased Brandy song, which might actualy be my favorite song of hers.

Brandy - Sweet Nothings

Speaking of Miranda, confession time: I... don't hate Dancing Crazy. I'm aware that it was one of the Avril's B-sides recorded for Goodbye Lullaby (Miranda even emulates Avril's voice to the point where it's hard to discern between the two at times), but it's such a harmless, stupid song that I can't help but enjoy it.
I can't get over how catchy this song is. Avril did the damn thing
U1Z2ked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom