• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

At the end of 1991:
Madonna – 9 #1s
Whitney – 9
Paula – 6
Janet – 5
Mariah – 5

At the end of 2009:
Beyonce – 5 #1s [+4 with DC]
Fergie – 3 [+3 with BEP]
Rihanna – 5
Christina – 4
Jennifer – 4
Britney – 3
Nelly – 3
Gaga – 2
Kelly – 2
Pink – 2
Gwen – 1 [+1 with ND]
Katy – 1
b3d79dc8.gif

# = Haven't had any since

Phreaker

NAWT the performance that single-handedly killed her career. ;___;

Paula used to slay a stage, tho.
whenever she used a backing track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX98FQKhD3w

It brings back so many memories. Roommates and friends were all over to watch the show. Two of them were Paula stans. We all liked her, but I wasn't liking the new album. None of us could believe the performance. Not only the singing, but she looked like she had put on a lot of weight since last time anyone had seen her. And like has been said, was all down hill from there until Idol really. It was kind of the Britney performance from MTV as far as stir it caused back then.

Nemesis_

Some new info about the J.Lo album.

• There's no title yet
  • The next single is First Love and is produced by Max Martin
  • There's a song she calls a "future single" called Big Booty. Produced by Diplo and features Pitbull.
  • Chris Brown wrote a ballad called "Emotion". No word on if he features.
  • A guiter-based ballad called "Let It Be Me" which is produced by Harmony Samuels.

So I Luh Ya Papi was kind of a bad idea then I guess

jLo should just keep rereleasing Dance Again until it eventually becomes a hit

And add an "And Again" to the end of the title every time she does so

Aguila

#ICONIC
Can I just say that Lykke Li looks like a giraffe witch in ha album cover.

And I still don't know what those things are in the Wounded Rhymes cover.

Nemesis_

More from the J.Lo listening party thing.

JLO kicked off the six-song listening with a mid-tempo track titled "Emotions," written by Chris Brown. She passionately sings of anguish, guided by trickling keys: "Someone took my emotions… I tried to give you all my love but that never meant a thing to you."

She changed the pace with a preview of her new single, "First Love," produced and written by Max Martin. The upbeat, bass heavy second single, which debuts in May, hits hard from jump.

"I wish you were my first love ‘cause if you were first there wouldn't have been a second, third or fourth love," JLO sings on the hook.

"Big Booty," which JLO was shy about recording at first, won over those in attendance the minute DJ Syphe dropped the impressive bouncy beat. "Big Booty" features an all-star team; It's produced by Diplo, penned by Chris Brown and features Pitbull.

She continued to preview a rough cut of the rattling RoccStar-produced, "Actin' Like That." "It's not even done but it's so hard… I have to pick tonight but I'm picking that one," JLO said of the song. She continued to share that she also worked with singer-songwriter, Sia, for the album.

"Satisfied" finds her impassioned with a bottomless hunger for devotion: "I'm never satisfied. My appetite its keeping me up at night. I'm going crazy for more of your love. I need you all the time."

"My mom loves to gamble. She's always trying to get me to go but... I work too hard for my damn money," JLO jokes, while telling the story as to how she came across "Satisfied." "Over Christmas, I got a tape of 50 songs. When I went [with her] I listened to all 50 songs. This one stood out."

Lopez closed the listening with a powerful ballad written by Harmony Samuels (Ariana Grande, Chris Brown, Brandy) and Kirby Lauryen titled "Let It Be Me." The compelling, slow song showcases JLO at her best, vocally. "When they ask who do you love, let it be me… let it be me that you think of," she pleads.

"It's about when something is meant for you, it's meant for you… you just have to have faith."

Mau ®

Disclosure is amazing.

I went to their show about a month ago. It was mind-blowing. The moment "Help Me Lose My Mind" came on was life-changing.

I was high tho so...

Touchdown

Banned
JLO kicked off the six-song listening with a mid-tempo track titled "Emotions," written by Chris Brown. She passionately sings of anguish, guided by trickling keys: "Someone took my emotions… I tried to give you all my love but that never meant a thing to you."

hmmmmm.....

Vazduh

FASHION. ICON.

She looks amazing in the second cover.

Wait Alexandra is finally coming back??? Omg

Her Rated R era is coming.

It seems that this is the song.

I'm listening to a Disclosure album for the first time...
...and so far I'm not impressed.

Settle was really kinda basic IMO
Love Latch, not coincidentally the most overtly poppy song on the album

Overrated tbh. I like it more as background noise album.

Thank lawd I'm not the only one! Gave that album a chance, but it just didn't click, except for "Latch" and "Help Me Lose My Mind", which are great.

Partition

Banned
The new Foster The People album is pretty boring.

Torches>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now now, it has some great tracks. Some of which, I'd even say transcend anything on Torches.

Pseudologia Fanstasica
Beginner's Guide To Destroying The Moon
Best Friend
Are You What You Wanna Be?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Though I agree the rest of the album can burn. Torches is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom