• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
You got a problem with the best city in the country?

goodbye, not even the best city in Cali
9XEGVs3.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A week after Becky G tweeted that she's the urban Taylor Swift and that she wants to collab with Taylor, Red falls out of the Billboard 200 breaking her album streak since her debut and none of her songs are charting inside the top 400 of iTunes.

The curse is real.
CKUz9dB.gif

A week after Becky G tweeted that she's the urban Taylor Swift and that she wants to collab with Taylor, Red falls out of the Billboard 200 breaking her album streak since her debut and none of her songs are charting inside the top 400 of iTunes.

The curse is real.
CKUz9dB.gif

nnnnnnnnn someone needs to stop this woman

cory64

Pitbull forgot to thank Kesha Rose
Avicii forgot to thank Aloe Blacc
Rihanna thanked Milky Ekko. #Class

edit: what's going on with Gwensus :$

That's probably my favorite Rihanna look honestly. Giving me 90s Coolio realness. I dig.

Why was she laughing during Ariana's performance? Did something funny happen in particular or was it just shade? There's a woman in the background who looks like she's laughing too.

yeah, tbh that natalie kills album was horrendous.

let me save gravelord_nito the reply:

alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys alicia keys

cory64

The first annual Rihanna Awards were a mess and spent too much time wasting the LA Tourism and Convention Board's budget.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's probably my favorite Rihanna look honestly. Giving me 90s Coolio realness. I dig.

Why was she laughing during Ariana's performance? Did something funny happen in particular or was it just shade? There's a woman in the background who looks like she's laughing too.

Ariana looked uncomfortable/awkward during the whole performance.

Stay pressed that is a million times better than ShitPop

Trouble is up there, in terms of the worst pop albums I've listened to recently it's probably

5. Prism
4. Britney Jean
3. Trouble
2. Bangerz
1. Sheezus

Never heard Sheezus, never heard of Trouble, but otherwise this list is accurate. I'd put Britney Jean as number one though. Girllll

Problem is a fun song but this trick needs to fucking enunciate

Like what's this

heeaaaa iiiiithee cluzzz ehhmeee heaaaaarrraaamaa shawwww dawww

Touchdown

Banned
Problem is a fun song but this trick needs to fucking enunciate

Like what's this

heeaaaa iiiiithee cluzzz ehhmeee heaaaaarrraaamaa shawwww dawww

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

And I think the reason she had some issues moving were those boots. How women can wear that stuff and move around halfway normal is a talent.

botty

Banned
Yeah for some reason it doesn't bother me that much at all, possibly because I don't pay that much attention.

I had the same problem that is being complained about initially. However, after listening to the song over 100 times, I know exactly what Ariana is saying despite the enunciation.

Mau ®

Make sure to buy Coldplay's summer hit "A Sky Full of Stars" on your iTunes store. Ghost Stories comes out in 3 weeks and I don't think I'll ever be the same after it *.*

royalan

I had the same problem that is being complained about initially. However, after listening to the song over 100 times, I know exactly what Ariana is saying despite the enunciation.

What Jared does, and what the video you link to is describing, is singing with open vowels. A lot of singers do this because not only is it an interesting vocal style in its own right, but open vowels are physically easier to sing than belting hard "ee" or "oo" sounds and is actually not bad technique.

But this isn't what's going on with Ariana's mush-mouth. She's not purposefully softening her vowels; she hasn't developed the ability to fully form words while singing a vocal line. She's focusing too much on delivering a consistent note than doing the things she needs to do with her mouth and tongue to make human language.

Mumei could explain this better than me.

botty

Banned
She keeps her vowels loose but it's affecting every sound around it in a way that a more skilled vocalist would avoid.

What Jared does, and what the video you link to is describing, is singing with open vowels. A lot of singers do this because not only is it an interesting vocal style in its own right, but open vowels are physically easier to sing than belting hard "ee" or "oo" sounds and is actually not bad technique.

But this isn't what's going on with Ariana's mush-mouth. She's not purposefully softening her vowels; she hasn't developed the ability to fully form words while singing a vocal line. She's focusing too much on delivering a consistent note than doing the things she needs to do with her mouth and tongue to make human language.

Mumei could explain this better than me.

Well, it's not that big of a deal to me. I agree with what you're both saying, though. :p

Really not feeling the MJ song... the production is throwing me off, like it's having a war against itself or something.

Meanwhile, really canNOT fucking wait for new Coldplay. Magic is so X&Y. Hope the rest of the album keeps up with that feel.

Touchdown

Banned
Really not feeling the MJ song... the production is throwing me off, like it's having a war against itself or something.

Meanwhile, really canNOT fucking wait for new Coldplay. Magic is so X&Y. Hope the rest of the album keeps up with that feel.

And then a week after Coldplay comes Mariah. :p which reminds me when is Cory gonna update the OP heh

Mau ®

Speaking of Coldslay:

"A Sky Full of Stars" is slaying WW. It was released an hour ago.

#1 Argentina
#1 Austria
#1 Azerbaijan
#1 Belarus
#1 Belgium
#1 Belize
#1 Bolivia
#1 Botswana
#1 Brazil
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Canada
#1 Chile