• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
I'll consider listening to "I Am... Mariah Fleece" just for you :)

I have a feeling Thirsty and Meteorite are going to slay
ed2305b7.png

Oh and the Mary J duet and the George Michael cover
ed2305b7.png

and Dedicated looks like a bop.

still can't get over Mary J being on the It's A Wrap song after her kfc wrap stanning.
ea2a4fdb.gif

Magic and A Sky Full of Stars are fabulous. The latter's a really new sound for them.

Midnight is very Imogen Heap meets Passion Pit. So trancy. I'll use this.

Ghost Stories enter meeeeeeee

Styles

For the first time in Taylor Swift's career, she does not have an album charting on the Billboard 200. On the week ending November 11, 2006 her debut album entered the chart at #19. Since that week, she has had at least one album chart every single week for nearly eight years...until this week when RED fell off the Billboard 200.

Becky G..

iqpyQZeim4SwX.gif

Nemesis_

The chorus is clumsy as fuck in the new J.Lo song but I like the way it progresses as it goes on. I use but I could probably get tired of it so I won't be repeating it heaps. >_>

EDIT wait i cant stop listening slay me jelllo

Bladenic

The chorus is clumsy as fuck in the new J.Lo song but I like the way it progresses as it goes on. I use but I could probably get tired of it so I won't be repeating it heaps. >_>

EDIT wait i cant stop listening slay me jelllo

Really? Maybe I'll listen more but I haven't felt like it since first listen (of course that means nothing for me) but it's no Dance Again tbh.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
New MJ is some boring ass shit

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so much pressedness over Trouble still

is it really that hard to deal with the fact that Natalia Kills punched your faves out*?

*unless your fave is beyonce

i want to listen to Sheezus so that I can educate you all on the actual value of it but it's not on itunes :sideeye

Nemesis_

so much pressedness over Trouble still

is it really that hard to deal with the fact that Natalia Kills punched your faves out*?

*unless your fave is beyonce

i want to listen to Sheezus so that I can educate you all on the actual value of it but it's not on itunes :sideeye

I can give you Saturday Night but that's all

You having a different avatar threw me off so much ofm

Mumei

What Jared does, and what the video you link to is describing, is singing with open vowels. A lot of singers do this because not only is it an interesting vocal style in its own right, but open vowels are physically easier to sing than belting hard "ee" or "oo" sounds and is actually not bad technique.

But this isn't what's going on with Ariana's mush-mouth. She's not purposefully softening her vowels; she hasn't developed the ability to fully form words while singing a vocal line. She's focusing too much on delivering a consistent note than doing the things she needs to do with her mouth and tongue to make human language.

Mumei could explain this better than me.

Well, I can share pictures to illustrate the point:

Cardinal_vowel_tongue_position-front.svg

Cardinal_vowels-Jones_x-ray.jpg

It is more difficult to sing a note on a close vowel because what happens with your tongue (and your larynx, which rises slightly) makes it more difficult to maintain the combination of right efforts that produces resonance. So many singers will change an "i" sound or an "e" sound to an "a" or "ah" sound, because it is easier to produce.

Mariah will sometimes start a note on a close vowel and then transition to an open vowel (like the "be" at the climax of Vision of Love in many live performances, or on the last belted "sea" in America The Beautiful in 1990). And singing the chorus in Without You, which sits very high, on closed vowels is a large part of what makes that performance so difficult.

There's a vowel chart here, too, which positions different vowel sounds based on height (high or low with degrees in-between) and backness (how far forward or backward in the mouth does the tongue peak).

Koodo

Banned
I should have listened to the Horse when she repeatedly claimed Mariahna Grande's debut alber was good.

Slé me.

I should have listened to the Horse when she repeatedly claimed Mariahna Grande's debut alber was good.

Slé me.
If aliens ever decide to annihilate our planet, we will play them "Honeymoon Avenue" to change their minds and convince them that we are a species of brilliance.

Then Mariah the shady cunt will blast "Piano" at max volume and get us all killed again

sisgirls, I was channel-surfing while stuck in traffic half the day yesterday and happened upon an old tune I haven't heard in years that BLEW ME THE FUCK AWAY

Shout

This shit is over 30 years old and sounds more "current" than anything I've heard this year, lawD what kind of lyrical/production/atmospheric marvel of behemoth proportions

holy shit

sisgirls, I was channel-surfing while stuck in traffic half the day yesterday and happened upon an old tune I haven't heard in years that BLEW ME THE FUCK AWAY

Shout

This shit is over 30 years old and sounds more "current" than anything I've heard this year, lawD what kind of lyrical/production/atmospheric marvel of behemoth proportions

holy shit
I haven't heard that song in so long. And, yes, it's still so good. Let me bop.

cory64

How is Damita Jo so damn good? ;______;

I saw your manhood rising
Cause you were fantasizing
I guess that model in the lingerie got you excited
That night crawled into bed
Wearing that same teddy bear
You only said I love you
Kissed me then rolled over and slept

Damn is that all I get from you
'Bout to give me an attitude
You need to make love to me
Like you don't love me then

Don't have to be gentle tonight
Just an animal tonight
You need to make love to me
Like you don't love me

I jusT... *.*

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
tumblr_n4x1tsBzDi1rcs1rco1_500.jpg

Queen!

iTY6fPYPbUmJL.jpg

Rumour has it Paloma Faith is a terrible chef... just ask Adele – or her dog.

The singer poisoned Adele’s pooch after cooking up a dodgy batch of lamb kebabs.

Mutual friend Alan Carr, 37, hosted a dinner party for the trio, where Paloma served up what should have been a tasty treat for them.

But the dish did not impress.

Paloma, “32”, confesses: “I gave them all food poisoning,

“I really like Alan and Adele and I did not mean to do that – I have not spoken to Alan until now.

Paloma should perhaps apologise more profusely to Alan, however, as Louie regurgitated the kebab on to his carpet.

“He spat it out all over my rug,” Alan tells her on tonight’s Chatty Man. “You nearly killed Adele’s dog!”

Source

Paloma sis...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
He'll be waiting a while.

the thirst is strong. helped by the fact that calvin puts so many shirtless pics on instagram ofc.

speaking of thirst i hope everyone saw the selfie frank ocean put up recently. divine. punching migquil out on every front.

cory64

the thirst is strong. helped by the fact that calvin puts so many shirtless pics on instagram ofc.

speaking of thirst i hope everyone saw the selfie frank ocean put up recently. divine. punching migquil out on every front.

...wait a damn millenium.

end me Christopher Francis

iblJZNRDZ06naA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom