• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict the RT and Metacritic score for Batman V Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster12

Any GAF members who saw advance screenings? I know there's the spoiler thread but I've been hesitating to in there because well I don't want to get spoiled. Excited for Thursday!

2 of them did.

Both said it's way better than MOS, a definite improvement for Snyder.

Penguin

I'm going to say it's around 75%
Some will note it's an improvement over Man of Steel, but still not fun.
Over ambitious and doesn't always stick the landing.
Think folks will praise Ben, Gal and Jesse while being down on Henry for always looking like a stray puppy

guek

Banned
Yeah, but embargoed, so I can't go into details, but it's Very Zack Snyder, which is good or bad depending on your POV.

Whatever people think about the movie, I think the score will be universally praised.
Huh.

Interesting impressions. Does the movie at all feel incoherent or disjointed? That's the impression you're giving me

Unison

Yeah, by design, but Snyder does that generally though.

It has scenes that could have come from a kung-fu movie or a spy movie... Up against all the bombastic super-hero shit.

Phediuk

Gonna say 70% and an average rating in the 6 range. The concept and the presence of Batman will be enough for critics to give it a pass, but the usual Zack Snyder dumbness will hold it back. Won't be castigated for those things as much as Man of Steel was though.

52% on RT.

latest

if it were rotten, that's the only acceptable score

Unison

So you're saying that this the best Zack Snyder movie since.....forever?

I think WATCHMEN is easily his best.

Again, that's a controversial opinion.

I am not someone who has especially mainstream tastes, so I'm not the best to answer that kind of question.

Dahbomb

I personally think Watchmen DC is Snyder's best movie too. I don't particularly care for Yawn of the Dead.

And disjointed, fever dream type movie style is exactly how I would describe Snyder's work.

guek

Banned
I think WATCHMEN is easily his best.

Again, that's a controversial opinion.

I am not someone who has especially mainstream tastes, so I'm not the best to answer that kind of question.
Your comments seem to be very grounded and devoid of unbridled hype or crushing cynicism so they're very appreciated.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I would need to rewatch Dawn of the Dead. I remember liking it at the time though. 300 was totally cool when you're 15, but rewatching it at a hotel last year, it comes off as super fucking gross.

But yeah, I can easily go back to Watchmen and appreciate it. It has a handful of shitty scenes, but is still easily better than what most could've/would've done with it.

Still shocking that Snyder got the helm to this.

I think he has a great eye for translating comics to the big screen and I like his action sequences.

Not that there wouldn't be better choices (of course depending on opinion), but who would you have liked to see direct? There's only so many great directors that would be willing to be constrained to both a multi movie contract and adhering to a higher creative vision.

That being said, I know Snyder is scheduled to direct JL2, but 4 franchise movies in a row is pretty exhausting so I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out.

3rdman

So many pessimists here...89% prediction for me. The actual average of the film though is likely to be at 7.5/10.

guek

Banned
I would need to rewatch Dawn of the Dead. I remember liking it at the time though. 300 was totally cool when you're 15, but rewatching it at a hotel last year, it comes off as super fucking gross.

But yeah, I can easily go back to Watchmen and appreciate it. It has a handful of shitty scenes, but is still easily better than what most could've/would've done with it.

Watchmen director's cut is alright but I was shocked on a recent rewatch how poorly many of the fights have aged. It's all either goofy physics defying punches or slow motion strikes with breaks for posing.

All of Ozy's action scenes are great though

Daft_Cat

The closer to release, the more optimistic I grow. Movie looked like a mess all throughout production and promotion, but some of the more recent clips and bits and pieces I've seen/heard/read have me excited!

I predict 60 to 70 percent (which, for Snyder, means "good"). Could imply an inverse of Snyder's typical trailer to final product quality ratio.

How does it have a weird cast?

I have no idea how to predict something like this, but fuck it.

82% RT 68 MC.

Bad weird :
I was on the fence about Jesse being Lex until we seen him in the trailer. Put me off.
Gadot as WW. Plenty of better choices for this role.

Good weird :
Affleck as BM but I was sold since the trailers and leaked photos.

Bad weird :
I was on the fence about Jesse being Lex until we seen him in the trailer. Put me off.
Gadot as WW. Plenty of better choices for this role.

Good weird :
Affleck as BM but I was sold since the trailers and leaked photos.

All the early buzz is that those three are actually the highlights of the film, even from people who aren't super into it.

TheFuzz

74% RT
72 MC

I think it will a serviceable film but a fantastic translation of the source material, much like Watchmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom