• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

I don't even consider that thing announced. Ken Levine just pulled a Vita out of his pocket and said Bioshock is coming.
That announcement was BS,damaging to ken's and sony's credibility though but i don't think they care,will probably hand it to nihilistic or LJN or something

Takao

Banned
That announcement was BS,damaging to ken's and sony's credibility though but i don't think they care

This is the same company that announced Vita alongside franchises like Yakuza, Monster Hunter, and Lost Planet but has none of those series in its software library. lol credibility

Sid

This is the same company that announced Vita alongside franchises like Yakuza, Monster Hunter, and Lost Planet but has none of those series in its software library. lol credibility
Lol it's like no one cares but those were just tech demos i don't think they confirmed any versions of those franchises though

Takao

Banned
Lol it's like no one cares but those were just tech demos i don't think they confirmed any versions of those franchises though

So. Sony showed off rubber ducks, and Final Fantasy as tech demos for PS3, and sure enough rubber ducks and Final Fantasy on PS3.

Sid

So. Sony showed off rubber ducks, and Final Fantasy as tech demos for PS3, and sure enough rubber ducks and Final Fantasy on PS3.
Yeah...well a new mgs,yakuza,lp would have been great but nihilistic would run out of dev time i think

Mileena

Banned

YgRER.jpg

what the fuck?

e:

When I said this game feels more like Madden NFL 12, I really meant it. For instance, stats seems to be untouched from Madden NFL 12's data. When you start a franchise, the game lists the 2010 records for teams (so the Bears are listed as 11-5 instead of last year's 8-8). When you jump into a game as the Miami Dolphins, Chad Johnson is still Chad Ochocinco. When you run the Wildcat offense with the Jets, Tebow doesn't line up. Yes, these are all little details that don't drastically change the game, but they do make Madden NFL 13 Vita feel like a lesser product that didn't get the TLC Vita owners deserve.

EA is shit. Embarrassing really.

IMACOMPUTA

IGN didn't even mention the ability to draw hot routes with the touchscreen. That's a pretty cool feature.

I'll wait for more reviews.

How is a 6/10 "creamage"? Now if it got below a 5... then I'd agree with that. It got "averaged".
Besides, IGN gave God Hand a 3/10; we remember that, don't we? :lol

Derrick01

Banned
How is a 6/10 "creamage"? Now if it got below a 5... then I'd agree with that. It got "averaged".
Besides, IGN gave God Hand a 3/10; we remember that, don't we? :lol

Yeah after reading the words that score seems like as low as they were willing to go without risking the wrath of EA.

Also I guess I'm crossing Madden off my list of potential Vita buys lol

Marz

Isn't this typical for most EA Sports handheld titles?

They're generally games that have a super short development cycle with hardly any resources put into the game with the hopes of getting a couple thousand ignorant customers to impulse buy the game off of brand name alone and make them some easy money.

Anyone played Madden 3DS? Lol.

Takao

Banned
Isn't this typical for most EA Sports handheld titles?

They're generally games that have a super short development cycle with hardly any resources put into the game with the hopes of getting a couple thousand ignorant customers to impulse buy the game off of brand name alone and make them some easy money.

Anyone played Madden 3DS? Lol.

FIFA on Vita is supposedly great.

I'm never getting a portable NHL game again. :(

hwy_61

Banned
Just got my 16gb card in the mail. That 4gb is really constraining! Anyway, is there anything I should know about transferring saves? I'm currently using the back up utility thing, will that handle saves?

patsu

Just got my 16gb card in the mail. That 4gb is really constraining! Anyway, is there anything I should know about transferring saves? I'm currently using the back up utility thing, will that handle saves?

Yes transferring the Vita bubbles also copy the saves.

The PSP saves are in a separate category by themselves.

Also, please sync your local Vita trophies to the servers first. Otherwise you will lose them.

Afrikan

YgRER.jpg

what the fuck?

e:

EA is shit. Embarrassing really.

no, IGN is embarrassing...anyone who has the demo knows the game doesn't look like that. Heck we put up pics ourselves..and you can even watch videos on their review page.

but of course they choose to that pic to "justify" their 5.5 score for graphics...knowing this game looks close to the console version, and is the best looking football game ever for a handheld device.

patsu

no, IGN is embarrassing...anyone who has the demo knows the game doesn't look like that. Heck we put up pics ourselves..and you can even watch videos on their review page.

but of course they choose to that pic to "justify" their 5.5 score for graphics...knowing this game looks close to the console version, and is the best looking football game ever for a handheld device.

Are you going to get the game ? If so, would be great if you post impressions !

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

How does the canoe look?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Looking to get ready to put my psx games on the Vita next week, if I have them installed on my PS3 should that be good enough, or do you think they'd need to be downloaded again or in bubble form to be copied?

Skyzard

Banned
Hmm 4 days until we get about 8 games right? first tomb raider...first crash bandicoot, ffVII etc...seems a bit worrying tbh. I held off picking up other PSX games till we get a better idea of what we should expect. Pretty annoying if we have to wait till the 28th only to be disappointed the recent psx games on sale won't work..

TE banned? hmm wonder why..?

I also have shedloads of games left too patsu...I tend to talk more about games then play them these days !

Hmm 4 days until we get about 8 games right? first tomb raider...first crash bandicoot, ffVII etc...seems a bit worrying tbh. I held off picking up other PSX games till we get a better idea of what we should expect. Pretty annoying if we have to wait till the 28th only to be disappointed the recent psx games on sale won't work..

Pretty sure most reports are of 100+ titles for day one support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom