• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm doing the same with the level editor at the moment - music stuff mostly, trying to understand the best way to do things and what can be done but just for fun really, it's pretty simple and easy to make something decent!

So glad the vita version is decent, haven't checked out the ps3 version yet but it is perfect on this.

I'm sure people have played these as they are some of the highest rated but shadow of the colossus and diamond elephunk factory are both fantastic to play through. Really satisfying music and action. I'm loving the creativity in the designs as well.

The game deserves some nominations and awards.

Also looking forward to the extra modes, can't wait for the challenge. Rayman Origins was a brilliant game but I love some harder, traditional platforming, especially when it controls this well. --Although I have to admit, I'm really milking rayman too. Finished MBA at least, not really sure I'll be playing that too much now though. Stiil, it was a good game too.

I need to get back to Sound Shapes and finish designing my X-Files theme level. But it's hard to get the timing right for everything with so few bars. The designer seems to work best for making original stuff, and that's pretty cool.

What makes switching memory cards a hassle? I currently only have a 4GB (It came with my Vita which I got for cheap) and I will be upgrading to 32GB SOMETIME in the future. Is it really going to be that difficult to use both cards?

Iacobellis

What makes switching memory cards a hassle? I currently only have a 4GB (It came with my Vita which I got for cheap) and I will be upgrading to 32GB SOMETIME in the future. Is it really going to be that difficult to use both cards?

Watching the introduction video over and over and over again.

patsu

Sound Shapes editor is very accessible for kids. My son understood the concept and build a custom level very quickly. The return is also high since you can create music and game by moving the same assets around. LBP is a lot more complex.

demigod

i thought including a 4gb is just for a "taste" or "tease"?....you want more space you gotta upgrade......

you know...the usual business model

They have monkeys in charge at Sony Headquarters. Heck, they should've just made a 1gb and included that in all models. If people wanted more space for games, demos, saves, that would entice them to buy a bigger memory card. Having to buy a memory card on top of paying $249 is a huge turnoff to most people.

I'm still waiting on the 20% discount before I go full digital.

Vitacat

They have monkeys in charge at Sony Headquarters. Heck, they should've just made a 1gb and included that in all models. If people wanted more space for games, demos, saves, that would entice them to buy a bigger memory card. Having to buy a memory card on top of paying $249 is a huge turnoff to most people.

I'm still waiting on the 20% discount before I go full digital.

Yeah, I would consider full digital ONLY if it didn't mean getting screwed pricewise. As it is now, we can usually buy retail carts for less than the digital version, and keep the ability to resell/trade/lend games. That greatly outweighs the convenience of digital for me.

As an iPad owner, I love being able to have all my apps on my device. I would love to be able to use the Vita that way too. But as long as SONY chooses to make digital more expensive and less flexible than physical retail, I will go the traditional route.

Plus, the little Vita game boxes are kinda cool looking... :p

I'm really looking forward to Little King's Story now that it's got a proper release date. It should be a great handheld game.

For me the Vita library at the end of this year will be extremely strong. I understand some people want a 'killer app' for the system (I really don't know what that is anymore. No one game would persuade me to buy a console) but the sheer variaty of games is greater than any console I can remember in its first year.

Vitacat

I read something about the Vita OLED screen having blotches when there's a black or dark image on the screen.

Can someone tell me about that? My Vita arrives Monday, and I want to know if there are any sorts of known issues I should look for before my exchange/return period is over.

Thanks.

UPDATE

Ok, I found this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465768

So apparently the black screen blotches are normal for OLED screens. Good to know, because I can be a little anal about screen problems.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I read something about the Vita OLED screen having blotches when there's a black or dark image on the screen.

Can someone tell me about that? My Vita arrives Monday, and I want to know if there are any sorts of known issues I should look for before my exchange/return period is over.

Thanks.

Apparently, it's an OLED thing. Seems to only show up on certain darker colors. Looks kinda like a ghostly print.

Normally, they seem to disappear over time, or at least become less noticeable. I had some on mine when I got it, but they've either disappeared, or I just don't notice them anymore... I've never noticed them during gameplay, and not even when loading up Youtube vids, so they're normally not a big deal.

Potential dead pixels, or defective screens (someone in this thread mentioned getting a vita with a blurry screen once) are stronger worries, just make sure everything looks crisp, clear, and alive when you get the thing!

Vitacat

Apparently, it's an OLED thing. Seems to only show up on certain darker colors. Looks kinda like a ghostly print.

Normally, they seem to disappear over time, or at least become less noticeable. I had some on mine when I got it, but they've either disappeared, or I just don't notice them anymore... I've never noticed them during gameplay, and not even when loading up Youtube vids, so they're normally not a big deal.

Potential dead pixels, or defective screens (someone in this thread mentioned getting a vita with a blurry screen once) are stronger worries, just make sure everything looks crisp, clear, and alive when you get the thing!

Ok, I will. Thank you for the reply.

demigod

Anyone good with paint or photoshop skills? I need some help with a wallpaper, going to have it made as a skin for my Vita.

I'm really looking forward to Little King's Story now that it's got a proper release date. It should be a great handheld game.

For me the Vita library at the end of this year will be extremely strong. I understand some people want a 'killer app' for the system (I really don't know what that is anymore. No one game would persuade me to buy a console) but the sheer variaty of games is greater than any console I can remember in its first year.

I only see that it's confirmed for late September in Europe? Hmm... I really want the cart, so I think I'll import anyway.

Why do RPGs have to take a year before you even start playing the game?

Tried out Persona 2 yesterday. It's been an hour, yea, still haven't fought one person yet.

thuway

Why do RPGs have to take a year before you even start playing the game?

Tried out Persona 2 yesterday. It's been an hour, yea, still haven't fought one person yet.

Yeah I hate that shit. And when you do fight, you end up fighting for hours on end with no clear break in sight.

zroid

Banned
Plus, the little Vita game boxes are kinda cool looking... :p
They really are :p

I just wish I had a place to put them; their odd size is making that a bit of a challenge. I've found an acceptable spot stacked on top of my DS games, but once I get more than like 6, that's probably not going to work.

beason52

Neo Member
My problem with digital games on vita is all about the memory card price. I am lookin to get a 32 gb card soon as 8 gb isn't enough but I refuse to pay over 70.
Even if you pay 80, that's $2.50 per gig. If you buy a 3 gb game you just added 7.50 to the price, not to mention the total lack of sales on SCEA PSN store. I can afford it but the principle of it just rubs me the wrong way.

Ponn

Banned
Am I the only one excited for Zen Pinball 2 finally only one week away? Havent been able to play the Avengers table yet. It will take over ToMB as my timesink. I know, i know psone games this week thats the big thing.

Extending the width of the image since I want to keep the background's colors. If I stretch the image on decalgirl or gelaskin, it loses the background colors.
Post the image here (or send me a PM) and I'll see what I can do about it.
Am I the only one excited for Zen Pinball 2 finally only one week away? Havent been able to play the Avengers table yet. It will take over ToMB as my timesink. I know, i know psone games this week thats the big thing.
Nope, I'm also really excited for it.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?

Not really :p

I've fallen in love with Pinball Arcade though, I think I just prefer simulated 'real tables', I was never really into pinball when I was younger but playing Pinball Arcade really makes me wish I'd gotten into it.

Massa

My problem with digital games on vita is all about the memory card price. I am lookin to get a 32 gb card soon as 8 gb isn't enough but I refuse to pay over 70.
Even if you pay 80, that's $2.50 per gig. If you buy a 3 gb game you just added 7.50 to the price, not to mention the total lack of sales on SCEA PSN store. I can afford it but the principle of it just rubs me the wrong way.

If you must store all the games on the Vita, sure, but once I platinum a game I just move it to my PC. I own over 10 games on PSN and I'm doing fine with an 8Gb card.

For me, I had played the crap out of LBP1 and LBP2 before trying the LBPVita beta, and I still came away impressed and hyped for it. I really like using the editor though.

I've had the game preordered since right when e3 ended, is it due out In late Sept?

Also stoked for NFS and AC3:L

What happened to the Vita chats? :(

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/237993256791719936

When I first read the tweet I neglected to see the word "in", which made the comment more fitting,I suppose....lol

hwy_61

Banned
I see that people are super hyped for Ragnarok Odyssey. Could anyone give me a one sentence pitch on it? Because I know nothing.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
4p online monster hunter vita
Yep. I don't even know if the fact that it's like Monster Hunter is everybody's reason for excitement, as I imagine that most of us haven't played Monster Hunter, but it'll be nice to have a cooperative online game on the Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom