• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, searching through the store, the SNK sale seems to include the PSP side of the Neo Geo Station games (and maybe the PS3 versions, but I can't search that).

So seem to be no sale on things like Minis, Ultimate Shooting, SNK Arcade Classics, or Samsho Anthology. :/ Doh.

Sucks. I'm totally waiting on an Ultimate Shooting sale.

petrochemicals

Neo Member
Yeah i hope shit is given to sony where shit is due

Considering we are already 12 pages deep on the comments for the firmware v1.80 update post, it shall be fun to see what happens on the PSN 8/28 update post. Not to mention there has not been a single post by anyone from Sony in those 12 pages.

It get's really old watching SCEA screw the users over and over again. I guess I should have known better than to buy a Vita after the complete screwjob I got on the PSPGO.

No, Capcom canceled all the MegaMan video games.

I wish.

XaPwt.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Are there any games that you (or anybody else) recommend?

I... don't know, haha. These versions are compatible with the PSN PS3 versions apparently, but each has to be bought seperately.

A lot of the games come with the SNK Arcade Classics collection, too, but these seperate ports are of am even a higher quality, from what I know of them.

Sucks. I'm totally waiting on an Ultimate Shooting sale.

Yeah, really. I'd love to get Arcade Collection myself, have it on PS2, but would love to have them all togther + portable.

mauaus

All the content is already up (i think) sony is just afraid of pushing the publish button because of all the incoming shit (well deserved) they have coming their way.

Anyways... well done SCEE and SCEJ for making SCEA look as incompetent as they really are.

hertog

So now I got Vagrant Story, FFVI, VII, VIII, IX, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal, Resi 1,2,3 and Silent Hill for my Vita.

Except for vandal hearts and Chrono Cross my Psone collection is about complete

Tiamant

All the content is already up (i think) sony is just afraid of pushing the publish button because of all the incoming shit (well deserved) they have coming their way.

Anyways... well done SCEE and SCEJ for making SCEA look as incompetent as they really are.

Euro?

RpgN

Anyone with Virtua Tennis 4 that wants to help boost each other for the online trophy to reach Rank A?
Such a grind and the only one keeping me from Platinum.

I haven't started on the game yet but if online is really that grindy, then you can add me for some online matches. It's better to get started early on that I suppose.

ID: ShivaRpgN

Sid

When does the blog usually update after the fw update?

Kerrinck

Was transfering some ps1 games from the ps3 to the Vita and when I came back, the screen was black and the blue light was on. Anyway to fix it besides waiting for the battery to drain?

mauaus

My Vita has locked up about 5 times over the last month. Launch 3G unit and its getting annoying.

Let me guess while using the browser or twitter?
In my case it was wifi related, the browser would crash the whole system on launch, yesterdays update changed it a bit where the system wouldnt hard crash (where i had to press the power button till it turned off) instead it gave out this error code: c2-12828-1, i fixed it by following this guide: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS-Vita-General-Discussion/Fixing-the-Error-c2-12828-1-issue-on-your-Vita/td-p/15328217/page/2

Hope it helps you, my vita has been crash free ever since...

patsu

PSP and PSOne game save data are kept separately from the game. So it's ok to remove PSP and PSOne bubbles.

Vita game save data is kept together with the game. So you must not remove Vita game bubble without backing up the save data.

branny

Are there any games that you (or anybody else) recommend?
Seriously, I think a lot of those SNK games are ripoffs. For example, if you have a Vita and want to play Metal Slug, just get the PSP Anthology (has 1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5, and 6 on it).

Assuming the the list on Siliconera is all of them, I'd probably only recommend Shock Troopers. I'm not really the biggest fan of SNK's earlier fighting games, and the sports ones are novel but don't quite appeal to me (Super Sidekicks looks alright, though). I'd also personally rather spend my money buying PSone games than getting stuff like Magician Lord and Alpha Mission II, especially now that we can play other platformers (Klonoa, etc.) and shmups (Shienryu, Sonic Wings Special).

sajj316

PSP and PSOne game save data are kept separately from the game. So it's ok to remove PSP and PSOne bubbles.

Vita game save data is kept together with the game. So you must not remove Vita game bubble without backing up the save data.

Any reason why the Vita game + save are kept together? Seems stupid.

patsu

Boo Joystiq. They never mention that this is just SCEA being a piece of trash, and that both SCEE and SCEJ have tonnes of PSone games on their Vita stores.

Haha, that's why I said SCEA is undermining Vita's thrust. People may not care about the differences between SCEE, SCEJ and SCEA. *If* Sony managers are overly concerned about their division boundary, it will only hurt themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom