• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSY・S;41505201 said:
It's amazing how SCEA just doesn't give a fuck.

Yes. It's downright baffling.
Redonkulous and re-do-do-diculous both.

Boo Joystiq. They never mention that this is just SCEA being a piece of trash, and that both SCEE and SCEJ have tonnes of PSone games on their Vita stores.

I usually consider Joystiq to be American based "journalism", so I get why he just focuses on SCEA by default, but you're right -- the point should be made that EU got 120+ and JPN got 200+ games and we got a whopping 13.

Iacobellis

This is a fucking joke. The descriptions of each game don't even mention the Vita, all THIRTEEN of them. I didn't even want to play these games, but no. I need to use an entirely different platform to transfer the damn games I wanted to play. This is not 2008. Fuck you, SCEA.

sajj316

Trophies, I'd wager. It's the one thing that Vita games have that PSP/PSOne/Minis don't.
Proceed to bitch now.

Does it matter if you can't unlock trophies with a save file like the PS3?

Bitch complete ...

Btw .. I offered to buy a PS One game tonight to test compatability in the NA compatability thread. A game that is not on the OPs list.

So far Bloody Roar, Future Cop, and Destrega. Any others? You can post your suggestions here or in the other thread.

Yes. It's downright baffling.
Redonkulous and re-do-do-diculous both.

I usually consider Joystiq to be American based "journalism", so I get why he just focuses on SCEA by default, but you're right -- the point should be made that EU got 120+ and JPN got 200+ games and we got a whopping 13.

The sad part is that even @Yosp himself tweeted about copying over unofficial games via PS3 to PSVita last night. He confirmed that SotN and Legend of Dragoon were transferable for US users. So he has to know, on some level, of SCEA's fuck up.

Sylver

Banned
2y5r1.jpg

Ready for this.
Beggin sony again for Killzone Liberation and Tetris minis compatibility in Europe :_(.

PS: PS3 transfer is a pain in the ass.

Skyzard

Banned
Funnest PS1 game so far guys?

Although I've been retrying missions pretty hard, loving G-Police. N20 has been decent too, great music and visuals + arcade gameplay. Only played Gex a little when I was younger but think it holds up decently well.

Checked old blog posts and seems like we'll have to wait another 12 hours or so to see if there is a sale for EU (heads-up blog post).

Probably picking up these, whether or not they go on sale tomorrow:

Crash Bandicoot 1-3
Jumping flash
Shienryu
Gaia Seed
Streak

Btw I was reading the blog and someone asked about Spyro for EU and they said it was coming in a few months or so. It's a start...hopefully it means there are others in the pipeline too.

got to run back in a bit though.

Sylver

Banned
With that new Memory block I can't play this anymore without formating it.
iBiIQ.png

Has somebody tried insert some other memory when it ask you for format when you change region account? Then when restart is finished insert another memory with that attached account? Would this work?.
I'm thinking on buy two more memories, one 4GB and other 32GB. Then use the 4GB one for the format measure.

Tiamant

Final Fantasy, Grandia, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve... All this is so good and so sad at the same time.

Good because all of them are gems that never grow old (graphics aside,and that's debatable) and I really want to replay them.

And sad because it's scary to see what has happened to Japanese games (S-E concretely) and because it's the best thing to do with my Vita right now.

I don't know how to feel GAF!

mauaus

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW... blog post up and sony completely ignored ps one games... stay classy SCEA

This is all they had to say:
Remember when we announced PSone support for PS Vita? Well, a good chunk of titles are now compatible with PS Vita. Check out yesterday’s blog post for a full list of everything you can download today.

they make it sound like its a lot of titles... why not say a few...

Does anyone know if I can transfer my PS1 saves from my PSP to my Vita? I transfered them to the PS3, but they are just stored under the PSP app/other location. I am not sure how to get them on there, but I would rather not lose all my FF7-9 and RE1-3 data... Man this is such a pain to get these 3 systems to communicate. Any help is appreciated.

Kazerei

Banned
Does anyone know if I can transfer my PS1 saves from my PSP to my Vita? I transfered them to the PS3, but they are just stored under the PSP app/other location. I am not sure how to get them on there, but I would rather not lose all my FF7-9 and RE1-3 data... Man this is such a pain to get these 3 systems to communicate. Any help is appreciated.

You can transfer PS1 saves via PC, the same way you would transfer PSP saves from PSP to Vita.

You can transfer PS1 saves via PC, the same way you would transfer PSP saves from PSP to Vita.

I was hoping not having to go through all that, that is where you initially backup the initial save, then place the one you want in the vita spot? Or did I just sound like a crazy person?

mauaus

Dear SCEA,

1. You updated the MSRP for some titles, yet you dont change the prices on your digital side... what gives.
2. 9 titles for SCEA, over 140 for SCEE, and over 200 for SCEJ... whats wrong with this picture?? fyi... 9 isnt a good chunk if you compare to other regions...
3. Why do you hate the vita???

i hope you respond on this thread unlike the vita 1.80 post...

cheers,

Mauaus

just posted this on the blog haha

CLEEK

On your PS3, you have a 'Memory Card' option, which contains all your PS1 and PS2 memory cards. If you haven't done so already, set up a PS1 memory card on your PS3 and copy the saves over from your PSP (with the PSP connected, it will appear in the list of memory cards. Just highlight the save you want, press Triangle, then copy). Once done, connect your Vita and start up Content Manager. There is an option in there to transfer Playstation saves over.

The Vita's memory card emulation works like the PSP. It creates two memory cards for ever games you have on there. e.g. you install FFVII and you will have 'Final Fantasy VII Card 1' and 'Final Fantasy VII Card 2' automatically created.

When you transfer saves over using Content Manager, it's worth doing it one a a time, to make sure you copy them over into the correct, game specific memory card, as that's the memory card that will automatically be used when starting up the game.

Yup, just figured this out myself today. Go into the PSP saves app/other location on your PS3 (where they are now) and copy the save files to the PS1 memory card app. If you have not already created a PS1 memory card on your PS3, you'll find it under "Memory Card Utility" (on my PS3 it is under Game Data Utility and above Saved Data Utility - PS2). The icon looks like a PS1 memory card. Click on that to get the option to create a new internal memory card. Then just go back to the save files under the PSP saves app and press the triangle button to copy the saves over the the PS1 internal memory card.

Connect your Vita to the PS3 and launch the Content Manager. Assuming you've installed 1.80, go to Applications -->Saved Data---> Playstation, then click on the memory card and your saves should come up and you can copy them. You have to copy the saves one game at a time, and click the appropriate game title on the next screen, or the saves won't be there when you load up your respective games. (Like, if you are copying your VII files, you click the files, click Copy, then click on the icon labeled VII on the next screen. You'll see what I mean. If you copy the VII files to the IX icon, your save data won't appear when you load VII).

imjust1n

Banned
I cant seem to figure out this whole psone classic thing....I dont see any psone classic games on the vita's PSN?
Has anyone seen/downloaded any yet?

CLEEK

I cant seem to figure out this whole psone classic thing....I dont see any psone classic games on the vita's PSN?
Has anyone seen/downloaded any yet?

To say that the rollout of PS1 games was a clusterfuck is putting it lightly. 6 months to release the emulator, only for it to be the PSP emulator that already exists. Only 9 games compatible out of a list of hundreds. To top it off, they didn't even add PS1 games to the US store.

If you own one of the 9 officially compatible games, open up the store on your Vita, then trawl through your download list (found by pressing the [...] icon in the bottom right) and you can re-download straight onto your Vita.

gkryhewy

Reposted from the SCEA sucks thread, in case anyone here has any specific suggestions:

So here's a question that is challenging for me, but which I expect SonyGAF will be able to answer easily: I'm currently playing through a disc-based copy of FFVII on my PS2, with my saved game on a PS1 memory card. I'd prefer to finish the game on my Vita, and don't mind double dipping for the PSN purchase. However, my save is on a PS1 memory card, and I don't have a PS3. I have a PS2, Vita, and Mac (with content manager). Is there any way I can make this work? If I find a "close enough" save online (I was at the whatever canyon with the great music -- think it's still disc one), is there any way to transfer it to the vita?

branny

I hope the next firmware update gives us the option to separate Vita save files from Vita game installs when using the Content Manager. I don't want to have to back up the entire application just to secure the save file on a digital copy of something. =\

CLEEK

How did you manage to fill up a 32 GB card? Do you have videos and music on there?

I had to delete some PSP games that I didn't play any more to free up the space for PS1 games. I had a spring clean of my digital collection, and now have 6GB free on my 32GB card. If I wanted all my compatible games to be on my Vita - PS1, PSP, Minis, Vita - I'd need a 35GB card.

No music, no videos, and only a handful of screenshot images. The rest of the space is taken up with games.

CLEEK

Reposted from the SCEA sucks thread, in case anyone here has any specific suggestions:

You need a memory card adapter for the PS3 - its an official Sony add-on. It lets you import physical PS1 and PS2 memory cards and import them into the PS3 specific virtual cards.

Brera

Banned
I don't know why I was so excited by the PSone games,

In the UK store, all the best games are £7.99. Fuck that. Should be 4.99 Max and that's for stuff like MGS and Final Fantasy!

The PSP stuff is better value. I think I'll enjoy Alpha 3 Upper instead!

patsu

You need a memory card adapter for the PS3 - its an official Sony add-on. It lets you import physical PS1 and PS2 memory cards and import them into the PS3 specific virtual cards.

He doesn't have a PS3. ^_^

EDIT:
I got FFVII. Finally able to see what it is all about.

imjust1n

Banned
The store is updated now. The (nine) games are there.

I saw thanks. Now I hear that people are able to go on their PS3 download certain games and push them to their vita's is this true and can anyone show me the list of confirmed games that will work if you buy them on the PS3 PSN store?

demigod

PS: PS3 transfer is a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Besides having to download them on the PS3, how was it a pain? You could even select all the games and transfer at once.

This update fixed a previous issue I had. I can now use the browser after coming out of standby mode(i always click the power button to force standby). Before this update, I had to reboot the system even though the wifi connection was on.

Crash Bandicoot looks amazing on dat OLED

Installed without a hitch from my PS3

Going to try some other games; will report back :D

I HATE this.

Why must Vita owners without a PS3....well, it'd be nice to play some other games from PS1, other than the 8 chosen for me to play. Sucks.

So pissed at Sony right now. I was ready and prepared for Resident Evil 2, at the very least. What happened to that?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom