• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Lambogenie

Well it might just be, that Sony wants 800€ for this now, so they can cut the price before launch and than say "see, we hear at our community" and than sell it for 750€ so gamers things Sony reacted and now they get the PS5 pro for a good price...

Doesn't really work for long. Can damage reputation for a while and breaks any trust. If they really feel it's worth it, stand by it.

saintjules

Gold Member
Sony needs a proper first-party/AAA showcase ASAP, and they need to bring back 3-year hype cycles. I think the sentiment around PS5 Pro would be much more positive if people had a better idea of what kind of fancy new games they can expect to play on it. Right now it is just GTA VI, Wolverine, and Death Stranding 2, I guess? Almost every game shown in the "technical presentation", which wasn't even very technical, were cross-gen PS4 titles. Very poor choice.

PS4 Pro was the first game console I ever bought, and I did it mostly based on what was announced and shown during E3 and PSX 2016:
God of War reboot
Days Gone
The Last Guardian
Horizon Zero Dawn
Detroit Become Human
Spider-Man
Death Stranding
Uncharted Lost Legacy
The Last of Us Part II
etc.

A lot of stuff to get excited about and look forward to. But now? Just buy an €800-euro console and hope for the best? I know that games will come, I'm not stupid, Sony has a lot of studios working on stuff that should be getting ready to ship soon, but I would like to see just a little bit of confirmation that the purchase will be worth it in the long run.

Well if the certification thing is correct about games supporting the Pro after the 16th, then all the games we have to look forward to (eg. Death Stranding 2, GoT2, FFVIIR, Crimson Desert, etc.) will all see some extra benefit to make the experience all around better. I'm personally excited for them.

I guess Sony better hope that framerates and improved fidelity is solid across the board for every Pro supported title moving forward.

sachos

Did this dude edit those comparisons to make them look blurrier? Watch how the PS5 logos, the "Performance" text and the right image become blurrier as soon as he pauses the video each time...

end is funny af

You can clearly see the difference even in this re uploaded compressed 1080p video... People are pretending to not see differences just for outrage...

Last edited:

Eszti

Banned
Did this dude edit those comparisons to make them look blurrier? Watch how the PS5 logos, the "Performance" text and the right image become blurrier as soon as he pauses the video each time...

You can clearly see the difference even in this re uploaded compressed 1080p video... People are pretending to not see differences just for outrage...
I can aee it too on my big tv its dtill a joke since they presented it on youtobe in only 1080p which is extremely compressed. Also this video is clearly a joke dude. Its not that serious about plasticbox with silicium in it.

Allandor

Btw, chip costs maybe $50 more (at most vs PS5 soc) the rest is more or less the same (even higher clocked memory doesn't cost really more, and it has only a small up lock). So PS5 + 50% ... Well someone seems to have miscalculated the end product here.
Well the old Sony is really back.

Eszti

Banned
Btw, chip costs maybe $50 more (at most vs PS5 soc) the rest is more or less the same (even higher clocked memory doesn't cost really more, and it has only a small up lock). So PS5 + 50% ... Well someone seems to have miscalculated the end product here.
Well the old Sony is really back.
Finally do someone got it. Sony ears extremely well with the pro at this price. Nvidia is nothing against that. Ok the marge on the 90 and 80 cards is huge too.

But building a pc isn't that far fetched from what you pay in Europe anymore. You can still prefer consoles ease of use but the value argument got definitely out of the window.

IMO the value argument was always out the window. If you do the math between buying games and paying for online\cloud saves it was about the same. I just think PC is garbage for gaming (other than the performance of games of course) so I could never stick with it.

Im losing my mind reading peoples takes while pointing at a compressed JPEG screenshot of a YT video posted on X.

Yea I gave up trying to understand how a game looked all the way back when Battlefield 4 came out. I remember looking at youtube videos thinking it looked like shit. Then I go ahead and get the game and boot it up on my PS4 and nice big TV and I was blown away how good it looked. I will never judge a video game by the youtube video again.

I also remember around this time Killzone Shadowfall released a downloadable video because they understood that the youtube compression wasn't really showing you how good the game looks.

Sinfulgore

Am I the only one who thinks these Pro consoles are a scam? You are so reliant on the developers to patch support to use the additional power and there is no incentive for non-first-party developers to do that. Sure most upcoming AAA games will probably support PS5 Pro but what about everything else? The PS5 Pro is powerful enough to run some older PS4 games and indie games at well above 60FPS but you won't be able to do that if the devs don't patch that support in. Maybe console gamers are ok with this but as a PC gamer, I'd hate to upgrade to a higher-tier graphics card and then need to wait for patches to take advantage of the additional power I paid for.

S0ULZB0URNE

You think they'll get the next gen xbox out that fast? I know we've talked about it before but I don't see how they'll get a "console" out even if GTA is delayed to mid 2026. If this console is $700 what is a new xbox going to cost?
I don't and I don't even think a new xbox "console" releases.

John Wick

Maybe a good portion of us can. That doesn't mean you have to stan one over the other as I've got all the current machines.

I appreciate the young remark, but if you're similar in age to myself I doubt you had a PC before me.

Nobody's deciding anything other than you making your random "dEfInitIon oF StewpIDity" comments in your previous one. I don't know what kind of premium you're paying for the 30 series GPUs but they aren't that expensive, hell buying them second hand is cheaper still. Hell, buying a used gaming PC off of Facebook marketplace or elsewhere is still cheaper than this.

I really think you'd be better off following your advice than expressing and expecting others to follow it.

Back to the conversation, PS5 Pro is an outrageously expensive console that isn't worth the cost for the nominal upgrades it provides given it's higher price point and lack of a disc drive.
Nobody's staning anything. So how much is a brand new RTX 3080?
They aren't that expensive but cost the same as a PS5.
I think you need to stop giving people advice on what's outrageously expensive and what isn't. If your too stupid to realise prices have been going up since the PS4 Pro launch. GPU's should be your first port of call for outrageously expensive kit.
So don't buy it. Why are you on this thread if it's too expensive for you?

hinch7

Uncompressed version of the presentation.

Much better quality. It does look quite a bit sharper verses OG games running on performance modes (watch in .25 speed). I still think the choice of games shown is bad though.

Would've had a much bigger impact if they'd just shown and revealed something new and recent on the Pro and perhaps FF7 Rebirth in their performance mode. You would've easily seen the difference even with terrible compression on top of more compression.

Last edited:
Curious, what do people here expect this to be priced at? The Series X with 2 TB is 599. The PS5 Pro with 2 TB has significantly more grunt than the Series X. Hell the Series X often gets beat by a 9 Teraflop base PS5.
Well, we can't base it off Xbox's pricing because they have no clue what they're doing. But it shouldn't cost any more than 599, especially when it doesn't include a disc drive or a stand.

It's crazy that Sony has gone from 449 (PS5) to 699 in the space of just 4 years. That's quite a big jump in pricing, regardless if we're getting an updated PS5 and more storage. The UK has been hit the most by the price with it being something over 900 dollars, and that's without including the disc drive and the stand. It's well over 1000 dollars if you include those.

Last edited:

sachos

Yea I gave up trying to understand how a game looked all the way back when Battlefield 4 came out. I remember looking at youtube videos thinking it looked like shit. Then I go ahead and get the game and boot it up on my PS4 and nice big TV and I was blown away how good it looked. I will never judge a video game by the youtube video again.

I also remember around this time Killzone Shadowfall released a downloadable video because they understood that the youtube compression wasn't really showing you how good the game looks.
It can be done on Youtube but pretty much everyone does it badly, thats why Digital Foundry are so far ahead, their video quality is far above anyone else. They record footage at insane bitrates.

Why ? I consider myself a PC main but if this thing was reasonably priced I would for sure upgrade my PS5. As it stands no chance, I reserve the right to be upset.
But you don't actually pay Sony more as a Pro gamer than a regular PS5 owner. The only benefit Sony gets from you for buying a Pro would be a one time profit from the hardware sale. So why should Sony push hard to make it easier for you to upgrade when the profit from the hardware was the only real benefit they get out of it?

clarky

Gold Member
But you don't actually pay Sony more as a Pro gamer than a regular PS5 owner. The only benefit Sony gets from you for buying a Pro would be a one time profit from the hardware sale. So why should Sony push hard to make it easier for you to upgrade when the profit from the hardware was the only real benefit they get out of it?
I understand what you are trying to say but i respectfully disagree. If i upgrade my PS5 the OG doesn't go in the trash.

lordrand11

Nobody's staning anything. So how much is a brand new RTX 3080?
They aren't that expensive but cost the same as a PS5.
I think you need to stop giving people advice on what's outrageously expensive and what isn't. If your too stupid to realise prices have been going up since the PS4 Pro launch. GPU's should be your first port of call for outrageously expensive kit.
So don't buy it. Why are you on this thread if it's too expensive for you?
You're absolutely correct! Except one teeny tiny little thing, 3080s aren't $700 sir. Newegg is not a good estimate anymore. I see them going for anywhere from $470 to $700, that's renewed (like new) to brand new, to on sale etc.,

As a traditional PS5 absolutely, but not the PRO.

The fact your name calling tells me you're a stan and anything outside your wheelhouse that doesn't fit your narrative is gonna be met with this stupid aggression whining. GPU's have been going up in price, but usually only the newest of the new, let's check the comparable 6800xt via AMD, anywhere from $350 - $600 currently, the latest model, the 7800xt, one gen ahead of the 68 is going for about $60 more than the previous generation card.

Because I can talk about what I'm passionate about and have an opinion on it just like anyone else in this thread.

Again, this is a dumb mistake on Sony's behalf. One they'll likely suffer for.

yogaflame

It's just me, I hated the ps5 pro before because of its price and lack of build in cd drive (optional separate cddrive ) But to be honest, it is weird , its kind of growing in me and I begin to like it especially after reading about it and seeing its specs, and potentials. Well I hope it will be capable of upgrading majority of existing games into 4k/60fps on the fly or with just a few updates on the games for the upgrade to work.

I'm still on the fence if I'm going to get one or not, since I'm already happy with my ps5, but unlike the others especially the haters, I'm not that OA that hating it so much while in fact it is optional , no one is being force to upgrade, and it targets a few just like ps4 pro. The ps5 is still the main hardware and its a good hardware. And some haters does not even plan to buy it even in cheaper price, in the first place.

6bh16EB.jpeg

Top Bottom