• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

BlackTron

PS2 launch price was $299 in year 2000 that is equiv to $564 today

The pro isnt a new console launch while it is good performance that launch price is too high

What happened to the mass production/ mass market pricing Sony ?

I mean, you kinda just resolved your own question/answer. $299 PS2=564 today. So...what's the price of a PS5? 64 dollars less than a PS2?

There is your mass production/mass market pricing. PS5 Pro is not a "mass market" item.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Show me where Mark Cerny said anything misleading during the PS5 Pro reveal.

Whats fkn hilarious to me is you trying to dunk on console users for getting scammed and being sheep for paying for online when PC users willingly get rammed up the butt by nvidia lmao :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Oh there will be a lot of anger and hysterical crying when Blackwell price is revealed.

And then all PC gamers hand over their wallet.

Little Mac

Gold Member

Me inside with all my fear of missing out ...

200.gif

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

I'm weak.

Last edited:

BlackTron

DF is going to lose their minds dealing with this. The Pro is just going to be the strongest console by such a ridiculous margin. They're going to focus more on value proposition vs a PC than comparing to Xbox. The high price is like a tiny olive branch to hold on to.

This guys point on, just buy a gaming PC at this point. I can not understand why people woudn't do that. Play every game possible, including Xbox games and third parties with graphics toggles so you can run every game how you want.

This absolutely looks like when you switch DLSS on your GPU. Its a noticeable upgrade, it's down to the end user to decide if that's worth the insane price tag.
Just stop it dude.

No stand, no Diskdrive and all they had was a 9 minute presentation from Mark Cerny from his bathroom to sell you on it. It's an absolute PR failure. Also the comparisons they used were absolutely terrible, barely noticeable and then they hit you with a 700 price tag. They dropped the ball.
9 minutes and almost 2 of them just talking about the base PS5....

lordrand11

It's isn't a dumb mistake at all by Sony. This is a niche premium product. Sony don't expect this to sell anywhere near PS5 levels. Your not expected to buy one if it's above your price level.
So can you explain why then a Geforce GTX 980 from 2014 and how it's equivalent GTX 3080 costs more than double it's price???
Yet you expect the PS5 Pro to cost similar to the PS5 in current market conditions?
$529 ----> $699 at launch. You're not helping your argument here, the price hasn't doubled dude. That's a two generation leap between the two and both of those can be gotten for *significantly* less nowadays. Even the earlier AMD's are low as hell now (which is what this console runs on, not understanding your hype or comparison to the 3080 considering the Pro is closer in line to a 6800XT). The other caveat is that you have a significant amount of card manufacturers that offer those GPUs at varying prices with various additions/subtractions to the cards themselves (i.e. customizable to your wallet and features)

What was the price of the PS4 Pro at launch comparable to the price of the PS4 at launch?

The PS3 also tried a similar pricing and took them damn near a decade to correct in sales because of (also my favorite out of their consoles so far).

Regardless of being niche or not, the high price tag is a major detractor away from sales and niche doesn't facilitate great sales meaning they may have just priced themselves out of those.

Sinfulgore

Show me where Mark Cerny said anything misleading during the PS5 Pro reveal.

Whats fkn hilarious to me is you trying to dunk on console users for getting scammed and being sheep for paying for online when PC users willingly get rammed up the butt by nvidia lmao :messenger_tears_of_joy:
The misleading thing is the concept of Pro Consoles themselves. It's not something Mark Cerny said. This applies to all the Pro consoles, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X as well. You are paying for a more powerful console but can only take advantage of that power on a few games. How are you ok with this?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The misleading thing is the concept of Pro Consoles themselves. It's not something Mark Cerny said. This applies to all the Pro consoles, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X as well. You are paying for a more powerful console but can only take advantage of that power on a few games. How are you ok with this?
Personally I want the best experience possible especially for Sony first party games moving forward

I am ok with paying for that premium as it will be hooked up to a pretty nice monitor

Sinfulgore

Personally I want the best experience possible especially for Sony first party games moving forward

I am ok with paying for that premium as it will be hooked up to a pretty nice monitor
Thats fair. I don't know enough about console game development but with Pro consoles becoming the norm console games need to be built like PC games where they will scale up on more powerful hardware without patches.

Alebrije

Well, this days have been crazy on You Tube channels , basically of every 10 videos 8 Say the price is crazy and 2 it's fine but none good.

Since PS4 ( or Even PS3, 360) what You get graphically from your money is less noticeable on consoles. I do not justify the Pro price , still think they should include a disc drive and just give 1tf ssd at $650 U.S. and 700 + 100 for DD is expensive on this economy.

Why Buy a PRO then? Well My Bet it Will be the Best Console to play Sony exclusives for now to 2027-28 when PS6 releases. And since Sony has not delivered a Lot of exclusives these years think next 4 years Will be better on that aspect.

Again as a Niche Console PRO is just for a small part of the Sony ecosystem. Maybe a Lot of people an You tubers tought it Would cost 500-600 bucks but with monopoly on GPUs, no Xbox Pro, inflation and it seems Sony won't sell at loss the PRO the 700 price is not crazy at all.
Problem again is what You get in return for that price vs regular PS5.

At the end it seems Will be a very Niche hardware and less people Will jump that when PS4 pro released ,again another economy and conditions .

vivftp

But what about Quality Mode

Better than quality mode from the couple of examples we have so far, based on Vick Vick 's analysis:

So you were just talking out of your ass when you said PS5 Pro was advertised as being misleading.

I'll tell you what. I'll stop being ok with whatever PS5 pro is doing that you have a beef with when PC users decide its not ok to get reamed up the ass by that nvidia dong :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SkylineRKR

I don't think they will make the same mistake of delivering underpowered consoles to start the gen. Expect at least 600$ PS6 base model.

This is a given. First there is the economy. And there is value proposition too. Its not quite out of reach that the Switch 2 for example is going to cost 450 bucks. A 500 bucks PS6 is a pipe dream at this point. It will be 600 at entry level, perhaps 700 with more storage. They've seen the receipts, the PS5 was sold out for a good while and many people were willing to pay double the price just to get it. Consumers have little issue handing over 500 bucks for it today, 4 years into its life.

Case in point, launch a PS6 for 699 and it will sell out just as fine as it would do at 500.

Richard has definitely changed his tune on the comparable graphics card as well so I think they might actually have a unit for testing plus the FF7 rebirth shots John was sharing wasn't in the event footage so if they don't have a test unit then they're definitely privy to more content and info that's not available currently.

cormack12

Gold Member
Richard has definitely changed his tune on the comparable graphics card as well so I think they might actually have a unit for testing plus the FF7 rebirth shots John was sharing wasn't in the event footage so if they don't have a test unit then they're definitely privy to more content and info that's not available currently.
I think I read they were given a raw video feed which was 65gb

One thing that some people should consider when throwing criticisms at the CPU. The vast majority of games are GPU limited, not CPU limited. Yes, there are games that are CPU limited, but for the most part the PS5 Pro will offer a nice improvement for most games. Not only do you get much better upscaling, but the games will also scale from a higher res than regular PS5. Any games limited to a 1080p/60fps mode should be able to hit 1440p natively, 1440p games will likely hit 1800p and obviously any game that uses dynamic resolution will hit their target much better.

Trilobit

You just summed up my experience with my PS5.

What are you talking about the PS4 Pro benefitted the vast majority of games thanks to the boost mode, the same will be true for PS5 Pro.

Top Bottom