• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So Federer - Monfils, when is it going to be played? Sunday or ...?

No, no, no, no the man deserves another RG Slam, so Monfils should just not go in beast mode on sunday.

Monfils deserves his FIRST slam. Most tennis players these days focus purely on their game, and taking advantage of opportunities to win a match as quickly as possible. Monfils only wins points when he feels it could pump up the crowd. When he's up 2 sets to love and the crowd wants more tennis, humble Monfils tanks the next two sets to give the crowd what they want. A true crowd pleaser!

Smellycat

Federer, Luthi and Edberg will have a game plan to get ready for Monfils, especially after the last 2 losses and the scare at the US Open. Monfils might be a bit tired after the last 3 matches has played 4 setter and 2 back to back 5 setters.

Federer in 3 or 4 hopefully

Federer, Luthi and Edberg will have a game plan to get ready for Monfils, especially after the last 2 losses and the scare at the US Open. Monfils might be a bit tired after the last 3 matches has played 4 setter and 2 back to back 5 setters.

Federer in 3 or 4 hopefully

Monfils never gets fatigued. Only thing that sometimes stops him is his leg cramps. Other than that, Monfils could run a marathon every day

Because it's Federer :eek: Everybody loves Roger, right?
right? :(

Really likable guy, but I did root against him when he was in his prime winning literally everything, I just don't like it when there's no suspense in a game and it's boring as fuck to root for somebody that just wins everything.

Because it's Federer :eek: Everybody loves Roger, right?
right? :(

image.php

szaromir

Banned
I'm out of the hospital. I only spent 50 hours there but it felt like forever. Now several weeks of recovery.

Anyway, managed to catch Cuevas-Monfils from the middle of the second set (when Cuevas played a horrible game to get broken and Monfils immediately clowned his lead away). Cuevas' defense is pretty bad and his success seems to be built around very disciplined aggression, so it was extremely disappointing to see his game going completely AWOL after Gael slightly elevated his level in that 4th set. Until that point, it looked like the less talented player was winning thanks to executing what he can as well as he can, but he started missing routine shots.

Going by what I saw in this match, I'd put Roger as the firm favorite in the next round, but we shall see.

Kingsora

Really likable guy, but I did root against him when he was in his prime winning literally everything, I just don't like it when there's no suspense in a game and it's boring as fuck to root for somebody that just wins everything.

I could understand then. But now such a sympathic guy, it's really unseen what he still does on 33, such a professional, still such quality, but a lot of times with a little bit more luck he would have won even more Slams. That's why I root for hem and really hope he reaches 20 grand slams in his carreer.

Kensuke

Impressive stuff from Kyrgios so far. Got the break back after gifting one himself. It feels like he decides what happens on the court. Murray is mostly getting points from change-of-pace balls and drop shots.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I didn't think this match started until 11:00. Thankfully haven't missed too much.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's interesting how Murray isn't even trying to rally with Kyrgios, he respects the forehand too much already. Instead, he's doing everything he can to exploit Kyrgios' movement. Genuinely, Kyrgios is so near to the top right now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Classic 'tweener lob, inspired. Some beautiful shot-making by Kyrgios.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Fed has his fair share of haters, but he is the most well liked and popular tennis player on the planet for a reason.

Because he had really weak competition, therefore won lots of matches early in his career, and people love to bandwagon?

Kingsora

Because he had really weak competition, therefore won lots of matches early in his career, and people love to bandwagon?

lol, really weak competitition...

I'm kind of getting my DelPo fix with how sweet and insanely hard Kyrgios is hitting his forehand. Murray really is having dig deep into his box of tricks to keep him at bay. Good match, so far.

szaromir

Banned

Yeah, no. He dominated when he was 23-28yo. which is when you expect a tennis player to be at his best. That his level dropped after that period and his no longer the best player but the second or third bestis to be expected, in fact being #2 over 10 years after hitting his prime should only reassert that in his prime he was really special.

I hate that Murray-Kyrgios is a R32 match. Really like both players and would prefer to see both getting deeper into the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom