• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam777

I reckon Djokovic will beat Muuray comfortably, just because his return of serve is very good.
But really it makes no difference as we all know Wawrinka has got this in the bag.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Clayray is like a social movement, it's the next #Occupy - bringing people together to fight tennis injustice.

Disappointed Nadal got blown off court by Djokovic. I think his play style has finally caught up with him, and he just looked so jaded out there in the third set. Who knows whether we'll ever see 2013 Rafa again. Djokovic looks a lock-on for the French Open and, if he gets that deal sealed, we can start to look at a potential calender slam.

In the meantime, c'mon Muzza! get this done! Djokovic awai.....oh shit, never mind Andy. Just throw these next two sets. It'll save me (and you) so much pain on Friday.

I think Djokovic will still have to work for the title. Nadal looked really weak at times today, with no depth of shot and surprisingly frequent unforced errors. Certainly much weaker than Murray and Wawrinka have. He should do it, but I wouldn't mark him in yet.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
When it pours down on Friday, Rainray will crush Djokovic. Finally, at AO 2016, under the blazing Australian sun, Sunray will awaken, and with the power of all four elements combined, crush Plexicushionovic and claim his CGS.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, for those calling Murray a pusher, he is 50-35 in winners/UEs.

When it pours down on Friday, Rainray will crush Djokovic. Finally, at AO 2016, under the blazing Australian sun, Sunray will awaken, and with the power of all four elements combined, crush Plexicushionovic and claim his CGS.

there's a glorious alternate future where murray wins this tournament and career grand slam (golden slam no less) before djokovic.

Don't sleep on Tsonga guys. He looks like he is bound to win at least a GS plus he's batshit crazy so no better time to do it than at home.

Ah, who am I kidding, Djokovic is winning this.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray 53-36 winners-UEs, Ferrer 43-43, Djokovic 45-30, Nadal 16-30.

bionic77

Disappointed Nadal got blown off court by Djokovic. I think his play style has finally caught up with him, and he just looked so jaded out there in the third set. Who knows whether we'll ever see 2013 Rafa again. Djokovic looks a lock-on for the French Open and, if he gets that deal sealed, we can start to look at a potential calender slam.

In the meantime, c'mon Muzza! get this done! Djokovic awai.....oh shit, never mind Andy. Just throw these next two sets. It'll save me (and you) so much pain on Friday.
It looks bad for Rafa but I can't ever count him out for the French Open.

Even today it seemed so unlikely that he would win and no one should have been surprised by the results by his recent play, but he has been so fucking dominant at RG for forever that it was still a shock to see him get bounced like that.

Kensuke

Djoko winning is the obvious pick, but out of the other I think Wawrinka has the highest chance. If he plays like he did against Federer he has a shot (even better if conditions are windy again).

MIMIC

Banned
Welp....Murray vs. Djokovic in the semis. Both guys undefeated on clay.

Anyway, I'm glad that Novak finally blunted Nadal's aura RG. He was essentially a mythical figure at RG, since he has only lost once. It was always "Count Nadal out of RG at your own peril." And despite how horrible of a lead-up to RG he has had, he has always managed to turn it around in Paris.

But I think today proved that had that 2011 match happened, he would have been brutalized.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

Anyway, I'm glad that Novak finally blunted Nadal's aura RG. He was essentially a mythical figure at RG, since he has only lost once. It was always "Count Nadal out of RG at your own peril." And despite how horrible of a lead-up to RG he has had, he has always managed to turn it around in Paris.

But I think today proved that had that 2011 match happened, he would have been brutalized.

doesn't prove shit. djokovic was amazing that year, but so was nadal, even though nowhere near his peak. nadal of today actually has a losing streak against fognini on clay.

sam777

Not at all.

MIMIC

Banned
doesn't prove shit. djokovic was amazing that year, but so was nadal, even though nowhere near his peak. nadal of today actually has a losing streak against fognini on clay.

Do you understand what you're even saying? "Djokovic was amazing that year, but so was Nadal." Djokovic was 6-0 against Nadal in 2011 (and 4-0 in the lead-up to RG). Nadal being "amazing" was completely irrelevant when he had to face Djokovic.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Do you understand what you're even saying? "Djokovic was amazing that year, but so was Nadal." Djokovic was 6-0 against Nadal in 2011 (and 4-0 in the lead-up to RG). Nadal being "amazing" was completely irrelevant when he had to face Djokovic.

only 2-0 on clay. in 2013 djokovic also won their only clay encounter before the french open and we know how well that ended for him.

nadal this year has been shit. that is the story here. his only top ten wins have been ferrer and berdych. in no way can a rational person use what happened this year to draw any conclusions about what would have happened in 2011.

MIMIC

Banned
only 2-0 on clay.

LOL. "Only" 2-0.

Tell me. Before 2011, when was the last time someone was "only" 2-0 against Nadal on clay.

in 2013 djokovic also won their only clay encounter before the french open and we know how well that ended for him.

Do you not understand how that is wildly different than how 2011 unfolded? Do you not understand how TWO matches (2011) is a lot more significant than just one (2013 & 2014)? Do you not understand that a 37-match win streak going into RG (2011) is a lot more significant than a 0-match winning streak going into RG (2013)?

Djokovic's year so far is very much paralleled with 2011.

I would hope that you would consider overall form while you are making these statements.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
LOL. "Only" 2-0.

Tell me. Before 2011, when was the last time someone was "only" 2-0 against Nadal on clay.

Do you not understand how that is wildly different than how 2011 unfolded? Do you not understand how TWO matches (2011) is a lot more significant than just one (2013 & 2014)? Do you not understand that a 37-match win streak going into RG (2011) is a lot more significant than a 0-match winning streak going into RG (2013)?

Djokovic's year so far is very much paralleled with 2011.

I would hope that you would consider overall form while you are making these statements.

the only overall consideration you should make is the fact that djokovic was not good enough to reach the final that year and even his three-slam year depended on a lucky hail mary return. i really don't get this obsession you have with roland garros 2011. what are you even arguing? that djokovic might have beaten nadal in the final? yeah, i agree, he might have. but you seem to be under some delusion that something that happened 4 years later proves it. come on, dude.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I actually agree with John. I mean, I think Djokovic probably would beaten Nadal because he's a difficult match-up for Nadal and he was playing very well, but I don't think that his win now, four years later, against a completely different Nadal, 'proves it'. That's just a silly argument.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
MIMIC, I've set up the salt collection vehicles for when Clayray beats Djokovic on Friday.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
first rule of fight club: never use the same username on separate forums

and if clayray comes through and cockblocks novak's career slam i will be his shill forever

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The fun thing about being a Murray fan is that he's already surpassed every single expectation ever set for him on clay. Anything now is for shits and giggles. I feel so relaxed. :p

damn...was the match really as lopsided as that score?

Djokovic would have had a harder time against Ferrer. That's not an exaggeration in the slightest, Nadal was 16-30 winners-UEs and was largely breaking himself.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
The fun thing about being a Murray fan is that he's already surpassed every single expectation ever set for him on clay. Anything now is for shits and giggles. I feel so relaxed. :p

don't lie. as a shameless federer bandwagoner i know perfectly well that success only serves to increase the hunger. that greed won't ever go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom