• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a serious perspective, 4 sets, Murray winning the first or second and losing the rest. From a Clayray persective, a 5 set 0-6 0-6 7-6 7-6 12-10 marathon with Murray emerging victorious.

I would build a time machine and fly to Paris to watch this live if it happened.

jett

D-Member
I don't know who this Mowgli-looking motherfucker is, but he's not Nadal. The Nadal I used to know never quit under any circumstances.

What a sad spectacle.

sam777

Damn, it wasn't meant to be like this. La Decima next year then.

Now my allegiance turns to the Stanmial for the rest of this tournament.

MIMIC

Banned
TKYSfK2.gif

cAvZLvc.gif

Nadal’s declined so much since last year. No confidence at all and his movement and accuracy have gotten so much worse. Novak isn’t even celebrating his win that much. Strange to say, but Murray (if he gets past Ferrer) will probably be more competitive. Rafa’s down to number 10 now, possibly number 11, and the draws will only get tougher from here on out.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Tsonga beats Stan, just for the novelty of Nadal falling out of the top ten for the first time in a decade.

miserable

well, that was a pretty sad display by Rafa, i dunno what happened there.i mean yeah of course Djoker was the favorite and played better but still

I think this is it for Nadal. His body is no longer responding after a decade of pushing it to the limit. That said, what a great champion. Just to think he won 14 slams when Federer was at his peak. And seeing how Novak is already 28 he will be lucky to even reach 14 slams, so this pretty much reassures Federer's record to be safe for a long time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray breaking Ferrer from 0-40 down. Gorgeous.

Acosta

That was depressing. I knew it was hard but I had faith...

Congratulations to Djoko fans, good luck with the tournament.

Thanks Rafa.

Grep

Banned
I think this is it for Nadal. His body is no longer responding after a decade of pushing it to the limit. That said, what a great champion. Just to think he won 14 slams when Federer was at his peak. And seeing how Novak is already 28 he will be lucky to even reach 14 slams, so this pretty much reassures Federer's record to be safe for a long time.

Yeah, with a slight difference that Federer won several slams against trumpeters like Philippoussis, Baghdatis, González, Söderling..

Try to compare that with Rafa or Novak.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Soderling's FO final against Federer was so depressing, don't remind me. He played *awfully*. I mean, I know most people play awfully in their first slam final simply because of the nerves (Kei and Murray being recent examples), but Soderling was something else. Federer wasn't even that good. At least Baghdatis was on an inspired streak for his.

Yeah, with a slight difference that Federer won several slams against trumpeters like Philippoussis, Baghdatis, González, Söderling..

Try to compare that with Rafa or Novak.

Remember when Philippoussis was the star of his own reality dating show? "Age of Love" back in 2006 or 2007 I think. That's all I know him for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom