• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond

Can someone explain to me why is he so hated?

I don't think he is hated by everybody, the boos were coming from a few dozens guys at max. But it's true Stan had a few harsh words for the french press and players after the Davis Cup final last year (it wasn't completely underserved), and he even had a heated conversation with the members of the french team after the final match. Plus, as the press reminded people of before the semi, Tsonga apparently said some things after Stan's win at the Australian Open last year, along the line of "if he can win a slam, I can because I was better than him these last years". Stan didn't like it.

In any case it's not really a reason to boo someone. Stan is usually quite likeable, IMO.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Clayray waiting til next year, clearly; giving Mugray some brief exposure in the time being.

MIMIC

Banned
In all honesty, Murray is probably the tougher test (because of how well he pushes). It's just that Novak has become an outstanding problem solver in the last few years and has adapted his game to overcome match-up issues. Plus, he's like a jillion percent mentally tougher than Murray.

Vomiaouaf

With Nadal and Fed on the decline and no one to challenge Djokovic, men's tennis is going to be incredibly boring for the foreseeable future...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Djokovic starting to flop around like a Power Rangers putty when he hits the ball.

The TV people are able to use Hawkeye to confirm calls. Which makes the tournament's refusal to use it that much more baffling.

Good point by Murray there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom