• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A crisp opening service game from Murray. He needs to keep playing intelligent shots rather than forcing a winner. It doesn't matter that Djokovic can do both!

mclem

Hmmm. The BBC radio feed has, I think, lost court audio. I can hear some of the audience and the commentators still, but no THWOCKs. Anyone else listening in and not hearing them?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
they really need to stop being fucking idiots and start using hawkeye on clay courts. total joke that the umpire still has to run down to hunt after marks.

Alx

they really need to stop being fucking idiots and start using hawkeye on clay courts. total joke that the umpire still has to run down to hunt after marks.

I don't know, I think it's part of the fun of Roland Garros. Some sort of tradition, just like players sweeping the mark to grant the point.

Ophiuchus

Banned

This is the beauty of clay court but mistakes always happen.I think the way it is played is the best.Some things should remain in its classical form.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
using tradition as an excuse to keep human error as part of officiating a sporting event is total nonsense. no different from opposing goal line technology in football.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Totally agree. Whatever margin of error they're worried about can't be as bad as a guy guessing after the fact and getting influenced by the player.

Par Score

It was tradition to rely on chalk dust on grass courts and that was total BS too.

Hawkeye should be mandated at the top tournaments by the ATP.

the age of good djokovic murray matches is over. joker just has an edge over him physically and mentally, and i can't see any way for murray to get out of it now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This shouldn't be a surprise. The only thing Murray is better than Djokovic at is losing.

MIMIC

Banned
The sooner this "Clayray" nonsense ends, the better. I don't know whether it was in jest, or serious. But either way, it is an affront to tennis.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
ugh, I've had to miss most of the semis, but it doesn't look like I'm missing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom