• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox

Draugoth

Gold Member

In a day of rumors Resetera poster Natedrake has stated that Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox

In a post on the infamous forum poster NateDrake has stated that Final Fantasy XVI is coming to Xbox, it’s just a matter of when Square Enix, the game’s publisher, announces it. “FF16 on Xbox is going to happen. Just waiting for Square to announce it.” The game released on June 22nd, 2023 to critical acclaim, describing itself as:

Based on a lot of the comments I usually see on this game, it's the new Final Fantasy XIII, for me.

Where everytime someone says it's irredeemable trash, I feel inclined to play it even more...

Looking forward to playing both.
Excited to be disappointed by them, hate them, or love them.

Anyway, if it's true, that's great. I'm a Xbox player, would love to have it.

Madflavor

Not on PC?
Square marketing team has to be one of the worst, lol.

Sony had a 6 month deal with Square to have exclusivity with FFXVI. The PC version should've been ready to go in Christmas, or January at the very least. But it's been 14 months and still not even a release date. This company is hilariously incompetent.

feynoob

Banned
Gamepass for giggles
Troll Dancing GIF

feynoob

Banned
Sony had a 6 month deal with Square to have exclusivity with FFXVI. The PC version should've been ready to go in Christmas, or January at the very least. But it's been 14 months and still not even a release date. This company is hilariously incompetent.
FFXVI Gamepass Xbox and Epic exclusive coming down this Christmas

Along with the pc release, makes sense.

See Square taking the Tim Epic moneyhat and make this a 6-month EGS exclusive, even 1 year or more like Kingdom Hearts.

Puscifer

Nvidia literally has gameready drivers for it, it's going to be a surprise drop for the impulse purchasers and it's obvious. Anywho, bring it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just like Final Fantasy VII was supposed to...

It already is

😇

Madflavor

They are unique company. Have a cash cow with FFIV online, yet continue to make stupid business decision.

It's kinda the whole story of SquareEnix. Their entire history is being run by absolute brain dead management, with talented developers keeping them afloat. Only nowadays gaming is getting more and more expensive to develop, and the company has run really dry on talent. And yeah like you said, XIV has been hardcarrying Square's ass for years now.

The first 1/3 of FFXVI is awesome. But toward the end it runs outta steam and it's a slog to complete.

Granted, there is a nugget of something really interesting in the approach the design team took and would love to see it iterated upon. But given how beloved FFVIIR has been, I fear they won't be given the chance.

Madflavor

The first 1/3 of FFXVI is awesome. But toward the end it runs outta steam and it's a slog to complete.

Granted, there is a nugget of something really interesting in the approach the design team took and would love to see it iterated upon. But given how beloved FFVIIR has been, I fear they won't be given the chance.

God did I feel cheated. The two hour prologue of FFXVI is top tier Final Fantasy storytelling. It's still pretty good after that, but it peaked with the Accept The Truth section of the game, and it was all downhill from there.

Top Bottom