• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS5 Pro to be announced next week; New First Party Games to be shown end of September

“Step into 60 FPS gaming with our new PS5 pro” - Sony pr

Everyone:
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Gojiira

Major League Baseball Please GIF by Detroit Tigers

Astro Bot Uncharted level made me realize once more I need and miss Uncharted more than any other IP there is. I simply need it in my life.

Only a completely fucked up company/software house would chose NOT to make countless Uncharted adventures.. drop the pretentiousness and give us younger Drake seen in Chapter 2 of U4:

695319e6c5d67b3010b8411c656c4c50.png

And the whole damn thing just writes itself as he's a treasure hunter already at this point, you don't mess with Elena's story nor the perfect ending, you get Nolan North but especially bring back the character who saved Sony and Playstation and loved by 50 million people around the world.

Bring back Eddie for fan service, bring back the good female character which is Rika, give us Sully as companion obviously, new PS5 Pro showcasing their new heavily modified engine rendering exotic paradisiacal places, straight and imperatively untouched Straley's mechanics with their perfect responsive animations/motion matching.

H9arRiP.gif

The Edmundson legendary theme and ambient soundtrack.

And you've got THE system seller.

Totally agree, though I would take a game with Drakes daughter as the lead, make her sexy, dual pistol wielding, confident and adventurous and just have a no nonsense fun tomb raiding adventure…
Jokes aside just a Uncharted with Drake, a ton of exploration and set pieces with more complex puzzles and environmental interaction 👌

Cornbread78

Totally agree, though I would take a game with Drakes daughter as the lead, make her sexy, dual pistol wielding, confident and adventurous and just have a no nonsense fun tomb raiding adventure…
Jokes aside just a Uncharted with Drake, a ton of exploration and set pieces with more complex puzzles and environmental interaction 👌

I want an early Sully adventure.

Bernardougf

And who is he ?

Edit: btw people clamoring for an uncharted sequel.. be careful what you wish for ... cuckman may grant your wishes in ways you cant even imagine. He already had a strong black woman kicking his ass trough the whole last game, next move involves golf or some other kind of humiliation.

Last edited:

ShakenG

Damn, this wait is getting painful. Could be week from now or 2 weeks and i wake hoping to see something new each day 😒
Really hoping to get a Cerny talk through.

Justin9mm

I ultimately do not see the PS5 Pro being a significant improvement over the PS5, much like the PS4 Pro wasn't a significant improvement over the PS4. Keep in mind that I own a PS4 Pro and most likely will eventually get a PS5 Pro.
Here we go again, PS4 Pro was a huge improvement for anyone that had a 4K TV, if you didn't have one when it launched then the console was not for you! If PS5 Pro gets us locked 60 rendering above native 1080p /1440p in all current gen games, then it's considered a huge improvement.

Last edited:
Here we go again, PS4 Pro was a huge improvement for anyone that had a 4K TV, if you didn't have one when it launched then the console was not for you! If PS5 Pro gets us locked 60 rendering above native 1080p /1440p in all current gen games, then it's considered a huge improvement.

Exactly and a great deal of power was used just going from 1080p to 4k, the ps5pro can use all that extra power in so many more ways 🥲

The Fartist

Gold Member
And who is he ?

Edit: btw people clamoring for an uncharted sequel.. be careful what you wish for ... cuckman may grant your wishes in ways you cant even imagine. He already had a strong black woman kicking his ass trough the whole last game, next move involves golf or some other kind of humiliation.
Sad Cry GIF by First We Feast

Jesb

What are we expecting for availability. Will this get sold out quick or will anyone be able to get one?

saintjules

Gold Member
Here is to hoping this week we get that blog post

Episode 5 Drinking GIF by The Bachelor

You told me to circle Monday / Tuesday on the Calendar 😜

Also, I'm seeing $699 predictions here...Sony would really have to explain why this thing will cost $200 more over the base. I mentioned 2TB as one minor reason, but people here told me there's no need for a drive that large to be in the Pro at launch.

Last edited:
And who is he ?

Any new Uncharted game won’t be coming from Naughty Dog.

saintjules

Gold Member
What are we expecting for availability. Will this get sold out quick or will anyone be able to get one?

It's gonna come down to the price in terms of this thing being readily available to buy at retail launch. My guess is that I think there's a good chance you can pre-order this when they open the doors to. So as long as the price is moderately high.

Alot of people are complaining that they won't buy this if it's higher than $599, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Every man and his dog wanted a PS5 because it was a new gen console and there was FOMO, there was the supply issues and limited stock which caused scalping. I think it will be different this time round. I'm sure Sony are prepared to move as many units as required, the console will be higher price and because every man and his dog has a PS5 already, the casual gamer isn't suddenly going to justify a day 1 upgrade. Hardcore console gamers and Sony fanboys are going to make up majority of sales. Sony never envisioned how insane the PS5 release would be, in that time, they realised what people would pay to get one. I think this is the reason the Portal was so expensive, it's really not worth its full retail price imo. They will price the Pro with what they think they can get away with. I don't see this being under $600 USD. I think it's most likely going to be $699 plus the additional disc drive to purchase if needed. To me that doesn't scream pre orders selling out in a few hours like the OG PS5 did.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
I wonder if PD will add in-race RT reflections to GT7? If so, will it be present in VR?

I Hope Please GIF

Has there been a VR game with RT yet?

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
It's gonna come down to the price in terms of this thing being readily available to buy at retail launch. My guess is that I think there's a good chance you can pre-order this when they open the doors to. So as long as the price is moderately high.

Alot of people are complaining that they won't buy this if it's higher than $599, so we'll see.
Even a niche device is probably going have more demand than the initial supply.

My guess is that this will be hard to get initially but pretty easy to get after the first few million units are sold.

Mownoc

releasing a $700 console at a time when the economy is kinda rocky. Smart move Sony
It's a more premium product. The majority of people will buy a PS5 Slim still just as the majority bought a PS4 Slim over a PS4 Pro. If it was their only console then being expensive would be a dumb move... but it's not so... They already have a console for the people that don't want to spend $599-$699 on a console. Saying companies can't release gaming products that cater to a more premium expensive market is silly. As long as they still have a product at a more mainstream price point.
hMzzLMj.png

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Even a niche device is probably going have more demand than the initial supply.

My guess is that this will be hard to get initially but pretty easy to get after the first few million units are sold.

We'll have to see I suppose. This will be the first Console to potentially be priced this high at launch since the PS3 if I'm not mistaken? We will see just how hard it will to get at launch if people can't afford the high price point. But I will be pre-ordering no doubt.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
releasing a $700 console at a time when the economy is kinda rocky. Smart move Sony

This has been in the works for some time. There is no way for a company to know how the economy is going to be when the target release quarter comes along. Just gotta go with it.

skneogaf

I bought the ps4pro as no playstation games were available on pc but now there's only demon's souls, bloodborne and the last of us part 2 that I'd like to play in better quality and bloodborne is getting close to being perfect on pc through emulation, the last of us part 2 will probably be announced for pc soon and demon's souls is on nvidias list.

So I'm going to need to be haggled with for me to cough up the money for it.

thatJohann

As long as it's not more than $699 I'll probably bite. But I want to see some real enhancements not just some minor shit like going from 1440p to 4K.

BlackTron

So question, why do people complain about console prices yet spend 2k on their phone??

I'm skeptical of how many people actually buy a phone for $2k out of their pocket without getting lured in by paying for it over two years rolled into a service contract.

KevinK15

Neo Member
Sadly, sold out quickly and not by people who actually want one. We are in a generation of bots and hoarding for profit. If interested in getting one, you have to be ready online a good while before official launch time.

saintjules

Gold Member
So question, why do people complain about console prices yet spend 2k on their phone??

To be fair in this instance there are installments that are built into the service agreement. So while you may pay an initial deposit at the time of ordering a phone, the overall cost is spread out over the two year period (or whatever is offered).

There are a lot of platforms out there that offer payment installs via virtual cards and you can use that to pay off over time. PayPal in 4 and Affirm are also options if you can't pay for things right out of the gate.

Zacfoldor

You know what, big a Sony fan as I am, this is the correct take.

First, let me say, assuming nothing changes I'm in for day 1 on PS5 Pro. I am also glad they didn't wait, for personal reasons.

...but there is a reason Nintendo is waiting to release Switch 2. They believe the economy next year will be in a better position to support their new hardware and they are probably correct. Hopefully the diehards like myself can keep stock moving until the economy picks up again. Worried if there is a GTA VI delay it may impact success of PS5 pro.

Last edited:
I wonder if PD will add in-race RT reflections to GT7? If so, will it be present in VR?

I Hope Please GIF

Has there been a VR game with RT yet?
wouldn't it be unfeasible?

I'm not an expert but RT on VR would be insanely heavy ig. But really next gen.

Imagine looking in the mirror and you see yourself

Bond007

Price is a tough one to pin down right now. We have actually seen prices go up on the standard consoles.
Typically i would say expect a price drop on standard and keep the launch price on the Pro.

So gonna say $599 for now with no drop to the standard.
What i want is standard to $450 and $500 to Pro.

They arent expecting the same response as when the console launched and lets be real this system is going to cater to the hardcores/fanboys/people that want the best available from them atm.

Zacfoldor

I mean, I'm not concerned about PS5 Pro being a big upgrade. It will be. If you went from PS4 to PS4 Pro on a 4k TV, it was a pretty stunning upgrade, honestly.

What gets me is this.

I love PC gaming. I LOVE PC gaming. However, when I hear other people talk about how great PC gaming is, I also note they never mention(or more frequently downplay) the negatives. There is a lot of double standard and PC is always given the benefit of the doubt.

For example, one of the biggest advantages to a PC is being able to upgrade individual parts, namely the GPU. Keeping the same CPU but upgrade the GPU was often the most cost effective and best way to improve performance across the entire device without having to throw your old PC out. You could just upgrade it for a massive improvement.

Now the PS5 Pro is set to launch with a near identical CPU and a much better GPU, RT hardware, and hardware/software upgrades for ray tracing. Not only that it likely COULD add many of the "tricks" the latest GPUs use like better ai upscaling, better frame gen perhaps. Things that make cards even as "new" as the 3080 kinda obsolete for games like Wukong.

However, apparently a massive GPU/hardware/software upgrade is now "not that big of an upgrade" because the CPU stays the same. Which is it PC folks?

Last edited:

Euler007

Here we go again, PS4 Pro was a huge improvement for anyone that had a 4K TV, if you didn't have one when it launched then the console was not for you!
I bought my first 4K HDR TV the same week as the PS4 Pro and HZD. I was blown away.

Bought my first OLED (65CX) the same week as my PS5, same. No new TV required for the PS5 Pro, because the screen is already ahead of the source.

Top Bottom