• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

There's gotta be something mentally wrong with people that have taunt and laugh macro'd to a button. I see this stuff everyday. They will even be getting crapped and still just spamming the whole time.

I agree with you, with the exception of yesterday's MOTD which was 5v5 Arena where everyone was Ra. If you weren't spamming VEL the whole time you weren't living life to the fullest.
KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAAKAKAKAKAKAAKA

I have VEL mapped to my mouse as some gods have rather hilarious laughs when spammed. I normally just do it for fun and not to annoy people.

Like Xba's ninja skin has a great laugh.

Also it's way easier to just hit a button to laugh than take my hand off my mouse.

EDIT: I should add that I only have the keystroke mapped and not a repeating macro like most people set. The ones where they spam emotes so quickly it doesn't even sound like anything. If I mash my button it comes out about as fast as if you typed it, lol.

How do you map specific VG commands like that?
I'm pretty sure everyone just does it from mouse software. Razer/Logitech gaming products usually let you do it from within their official software.

You can set it to enter keystrokes when you hit a button, or even complex macros.

KimChi

I recently started playing Smite since it popped up on steam and I'm enjoying it so far. I bought the god pack and been having fun using Bellona, Freya, and Ymir. How would I go about getting into the neogaf clan? I mostly just play arena for now and may try the other modes eventually.

So Apparently I am the Leader of SMGAF now. Anyone who wants ot be added to the clan message me or one of the officers.

On a side note, you have no idea how happy I am that Sun Wukong is good again. He is my favorite.

On a side note, you have no idea how happy I am that Sun Wukong is good again. He is my favorite.

Great to see another Wukong main in the thread.

Personally I don't feel like he was ever bad it's just that bluestone has made his early game clear so much safer. What he does late game and in team fights he always did.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I recently started playing Smite since it popped up on steam and I'm enjoying it so far. I bought the god pack and been having fun using Bellona, Freya, and Ymir. How would I go about getting into the neogaf clan? I mostly just play arena for now and may try the other modes eventually.

whats your game name ill send you a invite

edit: never mind the game made someone else the clan leader somehow magic

exfatal

Oh man didnt know there was an OT for Smite
or did just never checked
been playing for awhile now. would love to join gaf clan. Khepri, Seqert, Hel are my mains, love playing support

Indignate

A lot seems to depend on the comp, as well as if you got any actual communication (fuckin game needs voip so badly.)

Pubs are doing trash with her right now, but in the right mixture, she can do some work.

Great to see another Wukong main in the thread.

Personally I don't feel like he was ever bad it's just that bluestone has made his early game clear so much safer. What he does late game and in team fights he always did.

Depends if you were here before the warrior nerf way back. He use to be ridiculous with his attack speed.

Also, I added the two people who messaged me to the guild.

XenoRaven

Started playing Smite on Xbox over the summer. Man this game is so fun. It's pretty much the only thing I want to play on this system now.

gogosox82

I really like Sol guys. She's really fun and I love her weird little voice too. I know she'll probably get nerfed a little. Its seems like her 2 hits you even when your nowhere near it. I just hope they don't nerf her into the ground because I actually like her a lot.

I really like Sol guys. She's really fun and I love her weird little voice too. I know she'll probably get nerfed a little. Its seems like her 2 hits you even when your nowhere near it. I just hope they don't nerf her into the ground because I actually like her a lot.

The main problem with Sol that most people are having is her passive. With a full minion wave it allows her to take a tower at lv5. They'll probably make it so it doesn't stack on towers or objectives.

I feel like her 2 being easy to hit is needed since her other powers aren't that great and are very hard to hit.

gogosox82

The main problem with Sol that most people are having is her passive. With a full minion wave it allows her to take a tower at lv5. They'll probably make it so it doesn't stack on towers or objectives.

I feel like her 2 being easy to hit is needed since her other powers aren't that great and are very hard to hit.

When I play her in assault or siege, its insane how fast she can take down a tower so your definitely right. Maybe they just need to make it so her scaling doesn't apply to towers since I think its the combination of the scaling with the attack speed that's makes those towers fall so fast. But I still think she's fun to play. Its just that everyone is crying for nerfs and when that happens they usually nerf them into the ground (thinking of Sun Wukong during the warrior nerf who I also liked playing but at least he's good again).

When I play her in assault or siege, its insane how fast she can take down a tower so your definitely right. Maybe they just need to make it so her scaling doesn't apply to towers since I think its the combination of the scaling with the attack speed that's makes those towers fall so fast. But I still think she's fun to play. Its just that everyone is crying for nerfs and when that happens they usually nerf them into the ground (thinking of Sun Wukong during the warrior nerf who I also liked playing but at least he's good again).

The recent nerfs they've done to Op characters haven't been that harsh though. Bellona, Rat, Khepri, they've all been nerfed yet can all still do decent or above in the right hands.

I like how Bluestone has gone through so many changes, including a rework and Soulstone has been for the most part ignored since release.

Does any god benefit from it at all?

drotahorror

I like how Bluestone has gone through so many changes, including a rework and Soulstone has been for the most part ignored since release.

Does any god benefit from it at all?

good for gods with bad clear early game. Scylla, Nox, it can work on Sol too since when her 2 hits minions it gives stacks (unless they fixed this).

Tabby

I actually really really like Sol, probably new favourite God. So how are you guys building Sol?
I usually get Boots, Fatalis, Demonic Grip, Poly and Rod.

Space Nu Wa skin is now available for the Odyssey.

I actually really really like Sol, probably new favourite God. So how are you guys building Sol?

I usually like to get a little bit of cd on her, either Chronos pendant for dmg or spirit robe for defense. Apart from that though I go with your build.

Space Nu Wa skin is now available for the Odyssey.

People on reddit are mad that her hair does not match the card art:

X0ufw0I.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Card art hair is definitely better. Would be nice if it floated like she was in 0g., using a similar effect to Medusa's Snakes.

I'm a little bummed she's a Spacecase, it'd be nice for her to sound more mature and snarky. It's the subtle snark that drew me to Max Nunu first, so I'd have liked to see another followup to that side of her.

Got Warforged Vulcan skin from the Odyssey chest, which also led me to playing him again. He was probably the first character I really could just dominate with, and I'm glad to see he feels just as overly strong even now. I always love turret builders in games like this, a love supported strongly ever since TF2.

gogosox82

The recent nerfs they've done to Op characters haven't been that harsh though. Bellona, Rat, Khepri, they've all been nerfed yet can all still do decent or above in the right hands.

This is true. I'm probably just being paranoid.

I usually try to mix in some pen so I've been going Boots, Demonic Grip, Fatalis, Spear of magus, and Rod. I would get some cdr but I never feel like I need it with her. Her abilities have pretty short cds. I've heard that soul reaver works really well on her but I haven't tried it yet.

This is true. I'm probably just being paranoid.

Actually giving it a bit more thought, they've gone too far with Xing in the way of nerfs. I guess at best we could say it's a mixed bag and they may not leave Sol in a bad state.

There is actually small tease (maybe not the right word) for Sol's nerfs, can be seen here : https://twitter.com/HirezScott/status/653802208866226177

Sounds a bit over the top but we'll find out today I think.

XenoRaven

Are there some good tutorials out there for taking towers? Specifically in 3v3 Joust but really any mode.

I don't know if that sounds weird or not, but it seems a lot of the time (again, especially in Joust) that my team can dominate kills, but one tiny overextension can lead to a Deicide and the other team just rolls over our shit before we can spawn. My understanding is that you want to push your minion waves into the enemy tower so the tower can kill them and rob the enemy of exp, but the exp difference isn't really that noticeable to me. There are fundamentals there that I feel like I'm missing.

drotahorror

Tower kills rob gold. If you want to rob them of XP you freeze the lane and stand within range of the enemy minions being killed by yours. Best to stand in front of the archers and zone but that's not always possible in 3v3. You can also freeze the wave to make the enemy team push up and stop camping under their tower.

The joust map is horrible, I don't really have any tips for you. If someone is building physical defense it's easier for them to tank the tower so the rest can dps it down. Best I can offer.

Korosenai

Actually giving it a bit more thought, they've gone too far with Xing in the way of nerfs. I guess at best we could say it's a mixed bag and they may not leave Sol in a bad state.

There is actually small tease (maybe not the right word) for Sol's nerfs, can be seen here : https://twitter.com/HirezScott/status/653802208866226177

What did they do to xing exactly?

gogosox82

.... *sigh* This is exactly what I was afraid and I had forgotten about XT who they did kind of nerf into the ground. Hopefully its not too bad because she does need some adjustments.

Edit: Just read the patch notes. That wasn't too bad honestly. Just some slight adjustments to her passive which is fine. Was expecting something horrible like she can be cc'ed out of her 3.

gogosox82

Are there some good tutorials out there for taking towers? Specifically in 3v3 Joust but really any mode.

I don't know if that sounds weird or not, but it seems a lot of the time (again, especially in Joust) that my team can dominate kills, but one tiny overextension can lead to a Deicide and the other team just rolls over our shit before we can spawn. My understanding is that you want to push your minion waves into the enemy tower so the tower can kill them and rob the enemy of exp, but the exp difference isn't really that noticeable to me. There are fundamentals there that I feel like I'm missing.

They lose gold not xp iirc. I really don't like the joust map but they are supposed to be coming out with a new one. When the new map comes out, hopefully it will lead to better counter play.

XenoRaven

Tower kills rob gold. If you want to rob them of XP you freeze the lane and stand within range of the enemy minions being killed by yours. Best to stand in front of the archers and zone but that's not always possible in 3v3. You can also freeze the wave to make the enemy team push up and stop camping under their tower.

The joust map is horrible, I don't really have any tips for you. If someone is building physical defense it's easier for them to tank the tower so the rest can dps it down. Best I can offer.

They lose gold not xp iirc. I really don't like the joust map but they are supposed to be coming out with a new one. When the new map comes out, hopefully it will lead to better counter play.
Thanks guys. Glad it's not just me that thinks there are some issues with Joust. Some gods just seem way unbalanced on that map. I'm interested to see what the new map looks like. Some more flanking movements would be nice. The Ah Puch screams haunt my dreams some nights.

Disxo

Guys I stopped playing smite when they released medusa, has the guardian meta improved?
I main guardians and I'd love to start playing again.
(I miss midas boots so much)

gogosox82

Damage nerfs across the board mainly focusing on the ult. They also increased the ult cd to 100 at all ranks. They just went a bit too far with it all.

Yeah the ult really wasn't that bad. No idea why they kept nerfing him on each and every patch to point where I barely see anyone play him now.

Guys I stopped playing smite when they released medusa, has the guardian meta improved?

No midas boots but there are travelers shoes. You get +20 magical power, +18% movement speed, and you gain an additional +14% movement speed bonus and +25hp5 when out of combat. You also get 30 gold every time you hit a god.

They've released two new guardians one of which is often first pick/first ban. A few others have got buffs so there is actually a decent amount of choice if you're running a guardian.

About to try it out for the first time. Anyone want to give me their name/e-mail so I can put them in as a refer-a-friend. I wouldn't count on me playing much and maybe only tonight but just in case I figure I'll get someone some bonuses.

I'll refrain from creating my account for a short bit to see if someone replies.

I finally hopped in and went through the tutorials and after one co-op Arena match where we crushed the AI I decided to try Normal Arena matches. The first one we lost 0-10 points. The second one we won around 210-0 I believe it was. I'm just trying out each of the characters and so far most have been pretty fun. The last match I was Guan Yu and I really just played him as a support and healed more than anything. I got a few kills and did a good job distracting the enemy so teammates could get away. I don't really like his set of abilities but I still had fun with him. Ra is probably my favorite so far.

If I keep wanting to play after testing out all the rotation characters I'll likely just drop the $30 for all Gods even if I don't stick around to get close to trying them all. The price is low enough that I don't mind unlocking more to keep trying other Gods out.

If I keep wanting to play after testing out all the rotation characters I'll likely just drop the $30 for all Gods even if I don't stick around to get close to trying them all. The price is low enough that I don't mind unlocking more to keep trying other Gods out.

Don't forget you can rent any God for a small amount of favour if you're unsure about them but want to test. Also I think the rotation changes every week (been a while since I last relied on it) so it shouldn't be too long until you get a new set if you're willing to wait.

Top Bottom